Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I spent way too much on it, think I have something like 2000 or 2200 rounds left, afraid to look and be reminded how much I spent [sad]

If it makes you feel better, I paid $1.38 per pew the last time they had it in stock, which was 7/22/2021. Just checked my invoice. If you’re looking to offload a few hundo, I might be able to help 😉

That’s a lotta head poppin

awesome-wow.gif

Frank

I haven't tried those , I'm assuming basically the same as the mini mags.
They are 35fps less, have a more-rounded nose for more reliable feeding on AR-22's (supposedly) and are a penny less per round than MiniMags.

Apparently more accurate???

But it's all subjective...

Last edited:
They are 35fps less, have a more-flat nose for more reliable feeding on AR-22's (supposedly) and are a penny less per round than MiniMags.

Apparently more accurate???

But it's all subjective...

I knew they had a little less velocity , I was assuming basically the same thing in a different package from the marketing geniuses.

I knew they had a little less velocity , I was assuming basically the same thing in a different package from the marketing geniuses.

Here's a thread from Rimfire Central on the diff...

CCI AR Tactical 40 Grain - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Seems the AR Tact has a similar nose shape as the CCI Standard Velocity, but with copper plating... So, some difference. Nose shape may be biggest reason for drop in fps...

I bought some AR Tact to compare to Mini Mag...

1641983599779.png
Mini Mag on Left, AR Tactical on Right...

Last edited:
I haven't tried those , I'm assuming basically the same as the mini mags.
I’ve got a ton of this AR Tactical and it seems to have more wax/lube than regular mini mags. I find I need to clean my Taurus TX22 mags everytime I shoot a brick of the AR Tactical due to the wax/lube debris.

Aside from that it’s good ammo. I did have one lot that leaded my TX22 barrel for some reason.

If it makes you feel better, I paid $1.38 per pew the last time they had it in stock, which was 7/22/2021. Just checked my invoice. If you’re looking to offload a few hundo, I might be able to help 😉

My average cost is around $1.55, so no, it doesn't make me feel any better. [angry]

Pre-pandemic I stocked up on pretty much everything I needed, then during TSU never had anything in stock long enough to order it, and even then it was 3x what I'd paid for it. Decided to give ordering a try yesterday and got 1000 rounds of 9mm brass for $360-- still high but not as high as I've seen, it would have been $330 if I were still a Prime member but I let that lapse when ammo became impossibly scarce. Got the shipping notice that it'll be here today so that's still impressive.

One of my sons insists ammo will drop back down to the 15c a round we were paying for brass but I think that's a few years and some positive election cycles away.

Pre-pandemic I stocked up on pretty much everything I needed, then during TSU never had anything in stock long enough to order it, and even then it was 3x what I'd paid for it. Decided to give ordering a try yesterday and got 1000 rounds of 9mm brass for $360-- still high but not as high as I've seen, it would have been $330 if I were still a Prime member but I let that lapse when ammo became impossibly scarce. Got the shipping notice that it'll be here today so that's still impressive.

One of my sons insists ammo will drop back down to the 15c a round we were paying for brass but I think that's a few years and some positive election cycles away.

People thought the same thing in 2008 when 9mm brass was $100 a k, new normal after that was $150.. Been about 2 new normals after that and I doubt the price will jump back 3 new normals to $150 a k lol My guess is barring any major political BS is $225-$250

Would be nice though, only way it happens is if people stop buying it.

Not happening. Some discussions about that in this thread

Vista Outdoors (Federal CCI Win etc) has had 4 price increases since the SHTF on top of inflation etc etc.. There is just no way they would sell below cost.

^ just grabbed a case finally. Will report back once it comes in and I use some. Being Turkish id imagine its similar to zqi.
I've never had a problem with foreign-made ammo. S&B, Belom, Armscor, PMC, Wolf Gold. It's all good. I still have a lot of Wolf 308 to burn through.

I've never had a problem with foreign-made ammo. S&B, Belom, Armscor, PMC, Wolf Gold. It's all good. I still have a lot of Wolf 308 to burn through.
I haven’t either, thankfully. Good way to get a deal. Just one handgun that didn't like the belom. I have some nice milsurp x51 but I'd rather save that and use up something like this.

Same. Although, I always end up looking like Pigpen from Charlie Brown after range sessions with Wolf or Tula. Black smudges everywhere.

I got a bad batch of Armscor 22lr that kaboomed one of my pistols and broke a case in another.

I don't like the smell of Aguila 9mm but it runs; their 22lr ammo gave a good amount of jams, esp. compared to CCI.

I don't know what aguila uses for powder but it's noticeably dirtier and harder to clean the powder residue on my Taurus TX22 compared to any other 22 ammo I've shot. Not a big deal but something I noticed.

I don't know what aguila uses for powder but it's noticeably dirtier and harder to clean the powder residue on my Taurus TX22 compared to any other 22 ammo I've shot. Not a big deal but something I noticed.
I might have 1-2 boxes of Aguila left that I got from Northeast Arms back in the day. I won't be sad to see it gone, but I'd buy it in a pinch. I'd rather stick with CCI and Winchester. At least with the Armscor it was a 22 and not centerfire, and I got the replacement parts for free from the pistol manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom