• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Some 30-06 up at cmp. 150gr fmjbt and 167gr hollow point match.
Nice catch @BrunoN !

The 150 gn is probably very close to the PPU box-only price (no ammo can) but with Hornady brass and of course, MADE IN AMERICA...

I've been very happy with the Creedmoor ammo I've gotten from the CMP anyway...

1641437257664.png

Description​

Ballistic coefficient .398
muzzle velocity 2810 fps
Hornady Brass Hornady
150gr FMJ-BT Bullet

Nice catch @BrunoN !

The 150 gn is probably very close to the PPU box-only price (no ammo can) but with Hornady brass and of course, MADE IN AMERICA...

I've been very happy with the Creedmoor ammo I've gotten from the CMP anyway...

View attachment 560837

Description​

Ballistic coefficient .398
muzzle velocity 2810 fps
Hornady Brass Hornady
150gr FMJ-BT Bullet

Picked some of this up. Miss the days of bulk Greek surplus that the CMP used to have in excess.

After range testing this Federal Punch Personal Defense .22LR 29grain I've found that while pricey it does have more oomph and is quite accurate in a 4 5/8" Ruger Wrangler.
I would place it between CCI Stingers and Velocitors... but IN STOCK unlike the others.
Flawless ignition also...

I will also test in a few .22 rifles.

While I don't intend to carry a .22lr for personal defense, I like having something a little stronger without needing to field .22mag.
Would not hesitate to hand this ammo and the wrangler to a friend or family if the need arose.
~Enbloc

Federal Premium 22 Long Rifle Ammo 29 Grain Solid Flat Nose​

Federal Premium 22 Long Rifle Ammo 29 Grain Solid Flat Nose
1641580275885.png 1641580964500.png

Last edited:
Picked some of this up. Miss the days of bulk Greek surplus that the CMP used to have in excess.

Would seem the CMP is not backed up any longer. Put in an order earlier this week and they charged my CC yesterday and package is being shipped today. Lot quicker then I thought it would happen.

After range testing this Federal Punch Personal Defense .22LR 29grain I've found that while pricey it does have more oomph and is quite accurate in a 4 5/8" Ruger Wrangler.
I would place it between CCI Stingers and Velocitors... but IN STOCK unlike the others.
Flawless ignition also...

I will also test in a few .22 rifles.

While I don't intend to carry a .22lr for personal defense, I like having something a little stronger without needing to field .22mag.
Would not hesitate to hand this ammo and the wrangler to a friend or family if the need arose.
~Enbloc

Federal Premium 22 Long Rifle Ammo 29 Grain Solid Flat Nose​

Federal Premium 22 Long Rifle Ammo 29 Grain Solid Flat Nose
View attachment 561440View attachment 561445
Paul Harrell pretty much agrees with you. His view is that, velocity wise, it’s on par with CCI Singers and Remington Yellow Jacket, but he prefers those since they are hollow points which will expand when fired from a rifle. From a pistol all three are about the same. And as you said, “A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush”.

Careful you don’t get an inguinal hernia bro. Holding your intestines within your ballsack is no pleasurable experience.
I'm just happy my wife didn't bother looking outside when UPS dropped it off. Otherwise she would have been holding my ballsack. Not in a good way.

Paul Harrell pretty much agrees with you. His view is that, velocity wise, it’s on par with CCI Singers and Remington Yellow Jacket, but he prefers those since they are hollow points which will expand when fired from a rifle. From a pistol all three are about the same. And as you said, “A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush”.

Nice catch @cathouse01

Paul always does nice videos. I will watch it and take pointers.

I can't remember the last time I saw the yellowjackets. I think it was before Sandy Hook...

Same, gun shops ruined it by signing up all their employees with a CMP account and maxing out their purchase limit of HXP for the year... They raised the prices in-store and within a year the Greek was basically gone from the CMP, very spotty availability at least for a time until the supply was depleted... I boycotted the shop that did that, it was in NH right over the Lowell border (I think) called Daves .. Pissed me right the F off. Pretty sure they weren't the only shop because I was seeing crates at gunshows as well during the salad days of HXP [angry]

Strange, I haven't seen it anywhere either... Weird that it was more available during the panic than it is now.

Shenanigans !!!!
Yea it is a bit odd. They've had some other offerings in stock but no mk 262. I've been keeping an eye out for it, last I saw it was probably the last time you brought it up here.

Same, gun shops ruined it by signing up all their employees with a CMP account and maxing out their purchase limit of HXP for the year... They raised the prices in-store and within a year the Greek was basically gone from the CMP, very spotty availability at least for a time until the supply was depleted... I boycotted the shop that did that, it was in NH right over the Lowell border (I think) called Daves .. Pissed me right the F off. Pretty sure they weren't the only shop because I was seeing crates at gunshows as well during the salad days of HXP [angry]

Deli Ticket Emporium was randomly selling CMP ammo too, although I don't recall them doing it with HXP, this was probably with korean or other ammo, but I remember the distinctive brown boxes the CMP used to pack it in.

My club president sells the 200 round 30 cal cans of HXP for $200. Cheapest source I know of, and you get an ammo can! Luckily I don't need any [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom