Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Not a bad price for jhp. .44 per
I've always been a huge believer in practicing with defense rounds.
Federal's 115gr Hi-Shok is the same price.
Everyone should run a mag or two of these, keep a couple mags ready for go-time.

Something is going non at CMP... I placed my latest order 10 days ago and the packaged just arrived. I even got an email a few days back telling me the order shipped! This is quite a change from the 3-4 month shipping times of last year.

Eley.jpg

This is officially the most expensive .22LR I've ever bought, breaking my .11 cost per round maximum (and then only for Mini Mags) rule. If it doesn't group into one hole at 500 yards, I'm back to that bucket of Golden Bullets that ran me $.04 CPR before Walmart raised prices!

Something is going non at CMP... I placed my latest order 10 days ago and the packaged just arrived. I even got an email a few days back telling me the order shipped! This is quite a change from the 3-4 month shipping times of last year.

View attachment 564917

This is officially the most expensive .22LR I've ever bought, breaking my .11 cost per round maximum (and then only for Mini Mags) rule. If it doesn't group into one hole at 500 yards, I'm back to that bucket of Golden Bullets that ran me $.04 CPR before Walmart raised prices!
Im ashamed to admit what I paid .11/rd for back when Hillary's coronation was a possibility.

where can you find ammo for $0.20/round? 'cause that's the current cost of reloading 9mm ammo when using these overpriced TS primers.
Not worth the time. I'll pay .33 or whatever cents and it seems to be going down and more available every day.

I'm not going to buy overpriced primers load a bunch, then be able to buy it finished at a few cents more than I reloaded it for.

Besides, I have enough 9mm now bought way before Covidscare/Bidenscare to wait and see where it ends up.

Not worth the time. I'll pay .33 or whatever cents and it seems to be going down and more available every day.

I'm not going to buy overpriced primers load a bunch, then be able to buy it finished at a few cents more than I reloaded it for.
When everything was cheap and available I was buying 9mm and 223 for the same reasons. (tbh I was also loading and storing at the same time). But .33 is 65% (I think...doing the math in my head) more expensive than .20. Not an insignificant difference.

View attachment 564917

That's what I use for Bullseye - great at 50ft but long(er) distance out of a rifle ? I think Eley has other lines for that.

Anyone else notice some of TSUSA's more recent reviews look... fabricated...??? 🤔
[rofl]

Love this .22LR ammo made by Federal AutoMatch. These are definitely a good performer! Thankyou Target Sports USA!
Great value from this .22LR ammo produced by Federal AutoMatch, nice accuracy too. Thankyou Target Sports USA!
Accurate and consistent .22LR ammo produced by Federal AutoMatch. Nice round for plinking, thank you Target Sports USA.
Accurate and reliable round from Federal AutoMatch. Solid Ammo in any .22LR, thanks Target Sports USA.
Solid .22 LR ammo made by Federal AutoMatch. Very fun round to shoot, accurate and reliable plinking ammunition. Thanks TSUSA.
Solid .22LR ammo from Federal AutoMatch. Good ammo for target practice. Not as clean as CCI but for the money will work. Thanks TSUSA.
Accurate and reliable .22LR ammo produced by Federal AutoMatch. Solid plinking ammo at a great value. Thanks Target Sports USA.
Good accuracy on this .22LR ammo produced by Federal AutoMatch. Dependable and consistent round, thanks Target Sports USA.

Lol. Who the hell is "Federal AutoMatch"? and how long have they been making ammo? Now, Federal I've heard of, and they do make AutoMatch .22lr...
And the "Thanks TSUSA" is like the kiddo that only gives his mom the A+ papers for the fridge...

1642385121157.png

Anyone else notice some of TSUSA's more recent reviews look... fabricated...??? 🤔
[rofl]

Lol. Who the hell is "Federal AutoMatch"? and how long have they been making ammo? Now, Federal I've heard of, and they do make AutoMatch .22lr...
And the "Thanks TSUSA" is like the kiddo that only gives his mom the A+ papers for the fridge...

View attachment 565489
I actually can't stand that auto match crap , it's very inconsistent in my opinion ( I do have plenty of it though).

When everything was cheap and available I was buying 9mm and 223 for the same reasons. (tbh I was also loading and storing at the same time). But .33 is 65% (I think...doing the math in my head) more expensive than .20. Not an insignificant difference.
Same, I had the materials to load 9x19 and .223 but virtually never did since it wasn't cost-effective.

Now I make as much 9x19 as I want for about 14 cents per round which is 100% worth it for the time/effort.

The savings on .223 are even more pronounced, glad I grabbed thousands of .224 projectiles for 6-8 cents when I could.

The fed automatch works reliably enough that I use it for steel challenge and it works in the cold, others have had problems with the wax coating on cci standard gumming up the mags in the cold. It does work better in some guns than others

Agree....if I had to. I don't.

Like I said, I bought and stacked in the 2nd and 3rd year of Trumps presidency. I have plenty of that left and can wait it out.

Another vendor who ships to MA has CCI SV ($4.59 per 50) limit of 50 boxes
CCI 40 gr mini mags ($11.09 per 100) limit of 10
CCI AR Tactical ($35.57 per 300) limit of 5
No sales tax. Shipping is $17.50 if buying your limit on each.
PM if interested. Price probably doesn’t beat you guys with Prime accounts or Walmart but it’s close. Figured I’d pass it along.

Wait what out?
Primers is really what we were talking about........I don't think primers will be 120 a case, I think they will go down eventually and I'm willing to wait. They are 4X what they once were because supply is just starting to come in.

Ammo....yeah....probalby not going to go down much more....... think we can all agree on that. But right now 9mm Ammo is 2X what it was, because supply is caught up.

Last edited:
Primers is really what we were talking about........I don't think primers will be 120 a case, I think they will go down eventually and I'm willing to wait. They are 4X what they once were because supply is just starting to come in.

Ammo....yeah....probalby not going to go down much more....... think we can all agree on that. But right now 9mm Ammo is 2X what it was, because supply is caught up.
If you shop online only, you'll be missing out on deals on primers at LGS. I picked up a couple of bricks just under $70 recently. Cabela's(BassPro to a lesser degree) regularly stock primers for around $80-$90. 2022 is not 2021: there are deals to be had if you're willing to do it.
Target Sports prices are getting better and better. I like the direction this is heading.

Back
Top Bottom