• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Did not work well for me. Got it from TS a couple months ago, 2 misfires and one jam out of first 22 rounds. Put it aside afterwards. Might be a bad batch, but TS selling it at discount is probably telling. Turkish sweets might be among the best, but this does not necessarily apply to ammo.

View attachment 420887

at TSA now. .50 per round prime

Did not work well for me. Got it from TS a couple months ago, 2 misfires and one jam out of first 22 rounds. Put it aside afterwards. Might be a bad batch, but TS selling it at discount is probably telling. Turkish sweets might be among the best, but this does not necessarily apply to ammo.
Venom is the only ammo my g34 refuses to cycle on reliably.
Also, got some stuck rounds that were not round enough. So, same bad experience.

It's not particularly reliable, FWIR. Lots of complaints on Reddit, plus the above negative reviews. The fact that it's $.10 cheaper per round than Federal AE or something decent says something... Good for malfunction drills, I guess 🤷‍♂️

It's not particularly reliable, FWIR. Lots of complaints on Reddit, plus the above negative review. The fact that it's $.10 cheaper per round than Federal AE or something decent says something...
I shoot cheap steel and have no issues. Wolf - tulammo- Tula. Somehow completely skipped red army.
Wolf never gave me duds, tulammo sometimes does - 1 out of 100, may be.

I shoot cheap steel and have no issues. Wolf - tulammo- Tula. Somehow completely skipped red army.
Wolf never gave me duds, tulammo sometimes does - 1 out of 100, may be.
I was talking about the venom. I'm currently shooting old stock Wolf in my Shield, 92A1, and CX-4. It cycles all of them just fine, and it makes picking the casings up pretty easy with a magnet. The steel cases probably wear the extractor and ejector more than brass, but not enough to matter with the usage I'm putting in. I'm saving my good brass for later.

\/\/ edit: gotcha. I feel the same way, although I've never used it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm still a little Old Skool. I call Customer Service Depts.
Almost never email... unless eBay or Amazon where they just don't post a phone number...
I won't order from a place unless they answer their phone. These online businesses that don't list a phone number? Nope. Unless, someone like @enbloc recommends them. Yes, I am old.

Ordered at 9am. this morning and just got the UPS notice for delivery tomorrow. That is crazy fast.

They often used to be able to do that in the past.
Now with no stock to sell they might as well just hop in their car and drive it over to your house, they haven’t got anything better to do and could probably stay for lunch.

🐯

what fires 5.7x28? I might need to get one.
FN P90 and the FN Five-Seven. Ruger just came out with a 5.7x28 chambered handgun as well at a fraction of the cost of the FN. Not sure if there is anything else out there that is chambered in it.

Last edited:
FN P90 and the FN Five-Seven. Ruger just came out with a 5.7x28 chambered handgun as well at a fraction of the cost of the FN. not sure if there is anything else out there that is chambered in it.

Yep - that’s all I can think of off the cuff that shoot it. It seems like a solution looking for a problem, but I haven’t really researched the caliber to any appreciable amount.

Yep - that’s all I can think of off the cuff that shoot it. It seems like a solution looking for a problem, but I haven’t really researched the caliber to any appreciable amount.
CMMG also makes the MK57 conversion upper to let you shoot 5.7x58 mm from your AR.

And 56 cpr for 5.7x28 is almost pre-panic pricing. If I already didn’t have enough I’d be tempted to go down there and buy some.

ETA: TSUSA had some in stock that lasted for a couple of days, but that was at 92 cpr Prime.

Last edited:
Something/someone nefarious is behind all this ammo buying.
I've had that feeling for a while. The people gearing up this time around aren't the same people that were gearing up in the past. Not necessarily good news imo. Leftists are using gov/Soros money to arm up.

Otoh, iirc the latest estimate was 5M new gun owners in 2020. If only half of them bought 9mm pistols along with just 4 boxes of ammo, thats a quarter of a billion rounds of 9mm that wouldn't have been bought under normal circumstances on top of us guntards doing our normal panic buying/hording.

Back
Top Bottom