Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Finally, some 45 ACP, non HP, plain 230gr range fodder.

Sure! I just bought "fancy", now you want "plain".
200g XD over 11.5g of Longshot.

FWIW, I got these bullets at MUSA. Ordered on the 10th and they were here on the 12th. Pretty darn good, I think.

Attachments

• IMG_0411.JPG
    IMG_0411.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Finally, some 45 ACP, non HP, plain 230gr range fodder.
That other ammo company I've mentioned here before, only has 2 cases left of 230 gr JHP 45 ammo. $377 shipped per 1k. But they updated their website and it says that they're are several weeks behind on orders. So you won't get it quite as fast as TSUSA but you'll save yourself a good chunk of change.

Any fun range guns that shoot .22 short?

ETA: And before anyone goes there, not a Flobert! [laugh]

Last edited:
Sure! I just bought "fancy", now you want "plain".
200g XD over 11.5g of Longshot.

FWIW, I got these bullets at MUSA. Ordered on the 10th and they were here on the 12th. Pretty darn good, I think.
Those look like Lehigh extreme penetrators. I use those with 50 cal sabots in my muzzleloaders. Devastating bullets.

Last edited:
I received the 12G law enforcement slugs I ordered a couple days ago. Nice.

I also got the rest of the parts needed to finish building my Beretta 1301 shotgun today, been waiting for months. woo hoo!

Lol. I actually bought yesterday that case of 100 rounds of 50 cal BMG. What do I have in 50 BMG? ..... mmmmmm.... nothing. But those bolt action 50 BMG uppers sure look pretty ;)

... large part of the hobby is the excitement of anticipation of things one will acquire in the near and not so near future :)
I mean once you have ammo, it gets easy to justify buying the gun that goes with it. AMIRIGHT? ;)

Anyone happen to know if these have military primers? My M1A slam fires like a mf.
This is all I found about primers.
Question:Are the primers crimped in place? I want to be able to reload these cases. Thank you. - Brian (09/26/2019)
Response:Hi Brian, primers are not crimped in place and YES this Lake City 7.62x51mm ammo is 100% reloadable ammunition. Thank you for buying in stock bulk 7.62 ammunition at TargetSportsUSA.com

Anyone happen to know if these have military primers? My M1A slam fires like a mf.
They are NATO rounds, so they will have military primers.

I am not too sure about their answer to RHJJ, I just processed 500 Lake City 7.62x51 cases and they were all crimped. Every bit of NATO LC brass I have ever process was crimped, 5.56 and 7.62. Easy enough to remove once you resize the case and pop out the old primer.

Question:Are the primers crimped in place? I want to be able to reload these cases. Thank you. - Brian (09/26/2019)
Response:Hi Brian, primers are not crimped in place and YES this Lake City 7.62x51mm ammo is 100% reloadable ammunition. Thank you for buying in stock bulk 7.62 ammunition at TargetSportsUSA.com
Meh, doesn't really help me tbh. Appreciate the effort though. I'm curious if they're using the CCI #34 milspec primers. Although it's interesting that they're not crimped. I thought part of the specs were crimped primers

What’s surprising is 44 rem mag is virtually gone. I haven’t seen it since Mar/Apr. There may have been some Federal and Winchester that popped up on TS for $.90 a round in the interim but wow. I’m glad I bought a putload in early ‘20.

What’s surprising is 44 rem mag is virtually gone. I haven’t seen it since Mar/Apr. There may have been some Federal and Winchester that popped up on TS for $.90 a round in the interim but wow. I’m glad I bought a putload in early ‘20.
I was actually surprised to see that too. I mean it’s a popular caliber but it’s also $$$

Crazy.

Can't believe the LC 7.62 still hasn't sold out. If I didn't already have a few "packages" coming in tomorrow I'd have to buy some just on principle, although I'd have no idea where I'd stash it. Seriously, I'm gonna need to rent a storage unit soon. [laugh]
My case is coming in on Monday. Definitely a "principle" sale like you said. Maybe it didn't sell out as fast based on the "new shooter" concept, new shooters gravitating towards entry level 9mm and .223 before getting hooked and moving up to the more expensive 7.62 guns? Could explain how long the x39 was lasting as well, the ammo is there but the guns are getting harder (and pricier) to find.

My case is coming in on Monday. Definitely a "principle" sale like you said. Maybe it didn't sell out as fast based on the "new shooter" concept, new shooters gravitating towards entry level 9mm and .223 before getting hooked and moving up to the more expensive 7.62 guns? Could explain how long the x39 was lasting as well, the ammo is there but the guns are getting harder (and pricier) to find.

The X39 was the "real bargain" so far, and with supply longevity to boot. Even the fortay was gone in minutes.
I'm glad I picked up an SKS just prior to this. ALL the surplus ones at classic/aim DISAPPEARED, after being in stock for years...

Last edited:
Can't believe the LC 7.62 still hasn't sold out. If I didn't already have a few "packages" coming in tomorrow I'd have to buy some just on principle, although I'd have no idea where I'd stash it. Seriously, I'm gonna need to rent a storage unit soon. [laugh]

It’s gone now, but that sure did take some time. More time than I thought it would take. Although, when they had it earlier this week, it went only slightly faster.

It was a “principle” purchase for me too. I didn’t know where to store it either, but I felt it would be easier to find space than buy $0.70/rd (after sales tax and insurance) 7.62x51. I don’t think they had the Lake City 7.62x51 for a little while over the summer prior to these two batches.

Hard to believe I paid just over $0.80 for match .308 last fall!

Back
Top Bottom