Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

My case is coming in on Monday. Definitely a "principle" sale like you said. Maybe it didn't sell out as fast based on the "new shooter" concept, new shooters gravitating towards entry level 9mm and .223 before getting hooked and moving up to the more expensive 7.62 guns? Could explain how long the x39 was lasting as well, the ammo is there but the guns are getting harder (and pricier) to find.
Certainly makes me long for the days when one could walk into the LGS and grab an SKS and a crate of ammo and be out the door for ~$200.

I would love to pick up an old .22 WMR. I don't care how ugly or stupid it is, as long as it is safe, accurate, and reliable. Would even be willing to drill/tap for scope. Want a 26 inch barrel coyote gun.

I’ve been (half-heartedly) looking to round out my ARs with a Colt in 7.62x39 and something else in .45ACP, but I might have to find a .30-06!

I can’t imagine what that feels like, but I bet it’s fun!

I wonder if Vanguard or Fidelity have an ammunition portfolio.

Don't rightly know; have you looked through their fund listings?
How about buying calls on cases of ammo?
I'll sell you October 16, 2020 $500 calls on 1000 round cases of Wolf 9x19mm 115g FMJ ammo for $75...
...wouldn't that be something!

Seriously though, look at VSTO and SWBI for starters.

I’ve been (half-heartedly) looking to round out my ARs with a Colt in 7.62x39 and something else in .45ACP, but I might have to find a .30-06!

I can’t imagine what that feels like, but I bet it’s fun!
Hey Guy, not t rying to thread steal but it is the Noreen Arms BN 36x3 Long Range comes in .270 .25-06, and .30-06. sorry it took so long. Paul.

I haven't looked at target sports for a while because I had been stocking up and hardly shooting so I have a cache I'm comfortable with now for all my needs. I can't believe just about everything is notify now. I didn't log in so is stuff available if you log in? Also I was talking with a coworker and neither one of us have gotten any email specials for quite a while. When did those go away?

Target Sports is gouging .
Nope. There are so many online vendors selling ammo now that you can't possibly have that large of a cartel artificially holding prices until someone starts to undercut to move inventory. There aren't a handful of players anymore. It's supply and demand.

I didn't log in so is stuff available if you log in?
Nope. No special inventory after log in.
No email specials (only manufacturer's Rebates when applicable.} They don't need an incentive for someone to buy their products...

Compared to what, your LGS?

Sure there may be a LGS that charges a few bucks less per box for the one or two boxes they'll sell you, but that LGS monthly nut is infinitesimal when compared to TSUSA. Payroll, benefits, property tax, building maintenance/security, utilities, workmans comp(if you haven't noticed cases of ammo are heavy), on and on.

So vote with your wallet and don't buy from them, it'll happily spend an extra few bucks and purchase what you don't. BTW, if you need to get in touch with me in the future I'll be one of the few guys at the range not thinking twice about blowing through 200-300 rounds of 9mm per visit in a few months.

Compared to what, your LGS?

Sure there may be a LGS that charges a few bucks less per box for the one or two boxes they'll sell you, but that LGS monthly nut is infinitesimal when compared to TSUSA. Payroll, benefits, property tax, building maintenance/security, utilities, workmans comp(if you haven't noticed cases of ammo are heavy), on and on.

So vote with your wallet and don't buy from them, it'll happily spend an extra few bucks and purchase what you don't. BTW, if you need to get in touch with me in the future I'll be one of the few guys at the range not thinking twice about blowing through 200-300 rounds of 9mm per visit in a few months.
Northeast Arms in Peabody is actually $2-$3 per box cheaper but the problem is that he sells out almost as fast as TSUSA. You need to know/call when ammo is inbound to his shop.

Northeast Arms in Peabody is actually $2-$3 per box cheaper but the problem is that he sells out almost as fast as TSUSA. You need to know/call when ammo is inbound to his shop.
Exactly. That’s why I’d pay for the convenience of ordering online.

I wonder if they even bother to put the product on their shelving any longer.

I could envision them just having rollers coming out of one truck going into a UPS truck a few doors over. In between they have someone scanning inventory in, a pack station, labeling machines, an outbound scanner, and a UPS scanner along with a helper(s) stacking it all. [laugh]

I wonder if they even bother to put the product on their shelving any longer.

I could envision them just having rollers coming out of one truck going into a UPS truck a few doors over. In between they have someone scanning inventory in, a pack station, labeling machines, an outbound scanner, and a UPS scanner along with a helper(s) stacking it all. [laugh]

There's nothing to sell. They're totally out of .380, 9mm and 5.56. Other calibers are mostly the premium defensive stuff. They're probably all just standing around.

You don't know what gouging actually is. Believe what you want, but I've seen the wholesale prices, and unobtainable ammo on the supply side. Most people selling ammo at this point have had to get it through non traditional means. Read @CrackPot 's post earlier in this thread if you want the "inside baseball" view. One of my dealers basically has to use his "street cred" with his
reps on one of the bigger distributors to even get any ammo. You can't just log into the distributor portal and press buttons and get cases of ammo sent to you, it's all done the old fashioned way because there is so little ammo to go around...

Also again, remember TSUSA is national. Regionally at the LGS level, as f***ed up as things are, there are less supply problems. Nationally, in other states, the supply problems "on the ground" are much, much worse. A well established long time gun shop on the VA side of the beltway area... I sent a friend of mine a gun to use, a transfer... when he got to the shop to pick it up.... they did not have a single box of 9mm of -anything- in the store. And this store has been around for 15+ years at least.

So the fact that your LGS price might be cheaper than TSUSA is rather easy to explain, its regional vs national ammunition economics. There's a big difference between the two things, although eventually, if this bullshit continues with supply, it will flatten out and everyone will be mostly in the same pile of garbage.

Saw some prvi brass .223 go up for $.32 cpr this morning, but i wasn't fast enough to get any, myself :(. Wish I didn't have to re-log in to prime like every day. Not sure why their site doesn't just keep me logged in like any other. Probably would've made the difference for me this morning. Got all the way to the checkout page.

Back
Top Bottom