Talk me out of liking my tavor

Shirt sleeve caught in magwell multiple times; instinctively going to insert a mag in the AR position; and the insecurity of picking the rifle up off the ground (without looking) because of the concern of depressing the trigger with your middle finger (with a cutlass grip).

Changing to the pistol grip is a must. I ran into the same sleeve issue when running it in a winter class. Like anything you need to train with it.

I can easily talk you out of it. What you really want is a PS 90 with a first GEN trigger pack and black tip 5.7 ammo, it’ll put your shit to shame.
Rumor has it you could drop that trigger pack in an AUGER. Just in case you wanted to 223 rifle.

I mean, if you’re just talking bullpumps

I can easily talk you out of it. What you really want is a PS 90 with a first GEN trigger pack and black tip 5.7 ammo, it’ll put your shit to shame.
Rumor has it you could drop that trigger pack in an AUGER. Just in case you wanted to 223 rifle.

1st Gen P90 for sure, if you know

Shoot it left handed, better if you have a beard.

Only kidding, don't do it.
That's the only reason why an X95 isn't on my radar. I like the package, and got to run a buddies SAR for a course of fire clearing a structure and really saw where it shines.

However, I switch left to right a lot since I am left eye dominant. On an AR pattern, even without an ambient safety (all mine have them installed) switching sides to make distance shots is just effortless.

On a Tavor ... It's a memorable sting.

1st Gen P90 for sure, if you know
I only have 50 rounds of 5.7. It’s pretty elusive. At least the good stuff. I really want a 5.7 pistol. just haven’t gotten around to it yet and no I don’t reloaded any of that caliber

Lol

I hear what you're saying

I can't hold a p90

My arms are too big and muscly... my biceps cramp

I really wanted one back in the day but it was not comfy

I've read on some other forums that IWI send you what you need if you break it or loose a spring or something. But it is pretty annoying that they aren't stocking a lot of parts anymore, especially with the price they charge for the rifle. Before 2020 they had most everything in stock and I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing a bolt parts kit or 2. I like my x95 but it won't replace an ar if for some reason I can only have 1 rifle.
A friend waited like 6 months for a part to come back in stock because you can break the thing if you take it apart in the wrong order.

@jkelly1229 - read that last part again...

Developed for weapons independence by a nation hated by every one of their neighbors. But then they put 20ish years of experience into refining it for the X95, so that’s my preference. Many other nations arm their militaries with it, too.

A friend waited like 6 months for a part to come back in stock because you can break the thing if you take it apart in the wrong order.

Yeah, I destroyed the original charging handle’s bar on mine by disassembling out of order. Fortunately it was to upgrade it along with trigger and trigger pack with Geissele/Manticore parts.

That sucks, I've heard they were quick to send out most parts if owners need them. Even if they show out of stock they usually still have them for the production lines. I'm familiar with the issue your referencing. I don't understand why so many people mess up that step of disassembly, read the manual or watch a YouTube video before you start dicking with things. A Tavor takedown isn't rocket science.

I don't want to lol

If you want to be talked out of it, does it help that even Israelis don’t use it if they don’t have to? 😉

@40 Creedmoor fan , here’s more imagery of Israeli SF… and not a Tavor in sight. Lots of M4s though. Even when Tavors could arguably be concealed more easily under those clothes. Hmm…

This is partially in jest because I honestly don’t have confirmation that these are Israeli SF.

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2uGMGFMi4N/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Last edited:
If you want to be talked out of it, does it help that even Israelis don’t use it if they don’t have to? 😉

@40 Creedmoor fan , here’s more imagery of Israeli SF… and not a Tavor in sight. Lots of M4s though. Even when Tavors could arguably be concealed more easily under those clothes. Hmm…

This is partially in jest because I honestly don’t have confirmation that these are Israeli SF.

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2uGMGFMi4N/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

The description says they were disguised as Palestinians... I'm guessing carrying guns designed by Israel for Israel would have raised suspicion.

The description says they were disguised as Palestinians... I'm guessing carrying guns designed by Israel for Israel would have raised suspicion.
Possible. Mostly I'm just being a wise ass. But also, I think at least a majority were disguised as non-armed civilians. Hence why one of them had been using a wheel chair.

Edit: Apparently this hospital raid was their top Counter Terrorism unit. And if you go looking at other videos and pictures of them, it's all M4s all the time for them. So it wasn't unique to this raid for disguise purposes.

Last edited:
Not sure why the Tavor is getting a bad rap. I love mine, while acknowledging that I need to train more with it to be as fast on reloads and field stripping as I am with my AR’s.

It’s 2.5ish MOA with the trigger pack upgrade and the right ammo, which is plenty accurate for a service rifle.

Don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t replace my BCM 14.5” (pinned to 16”) AR, but it serves a purpose in my armory.

Here's a pic of both my BCM and Tavor. The BCM is set up the way I operate operationally (and eye relief on the Elcan) as far as length of pull and has a 14.5" barrel with pinned comp compared to the Tavor with a 16" barrel and pinned comp. Much more compact platform and all the weight is in the ass. This is important when you are operating operationally as it is less strain on your arms and shoulders with the weight pulled in tight. Note how much barrel there is forward of the VFG on each. This is also important in terms of CQB, maneuverability in close quarters and overall usability for me. So better weight distribution, smaller overall profile and more importantly, shorter profile where it matters, at the muzzle, longer barrel so more muzzle velocity than the eqiv. length AR.

I'm not saying replace your AR and if you want to SBR an AR and get something short, go for it.

IMG_0269.jpg

Not sure why the Tavor is getting a bad rap. I love mine, while acknowledging that I need to train more with it to be as fast on reloads and field stripping as I am with my AR’s.

Does it get a bad rap beyond bullpup ribbing? Personally, I think it's a completely adequate rifle and I'd trust my life to one. And for people who have a personal preference for it, more power to them. I think it would also be a pretty good home defense option if ARs were truly and fully banned.

Mostly I'm giving 40 Creedmoor a hard time because he makes bold claims about it being far superior to ARs/M4s, claims the U.S. has no innovation because we choose not to adopt a bullpup, and that he feels bad for U.S. soldiers not being able to use them.

Nobody is debating the fact that the IDF issues it to conventional units.
Ok, here's an article that describes the specifics of the IDF special forces version of Tavor, its differences from the infantry one, AND why M4s are not liked(published in August of '23)

Do you want pictures? Here you go! This is the IDF Egoz unit:

640px-Flickr_-_Israel_Defense_Forces_-_Soldiers_from_the_Elite_Egoz_Unit_Take_Their_Final_Test_%282%29.jpg

Here's the actual news article regarding establishing the special forces brigade, which Egoz is now part of. The report contains the photo above.

Do you want an unofficial source?! Here's the Nahals Brigade's Special Forces unit called Gadsar Nahal's 2021 graduation ceremony, shown through the photos taken by family members: NBN-FIDF Lone Soldiers Program (LSP) on Instagram: "Mazal Tov to the Gadsar Nahal Chayalim on their Tekes Sof Maslul and for completing their Combat Special Forces training! We are so proud to be there and share in these special moments with our Chayalim!💚 #lonesoldierlove"

Back
Top Bottom