Talk me out of liking my tavor

Manipulating a rifle in a vehicle or some other tight space. Also, easier to clear a room with a shorter barrel, all things being equal.
What's the old line from guilty concscience

What she tripped fell and landed on his d***

Let's just say something similar occurs around some of my "pistols"

I wanted a tavor until I shot one. More gas to face, awkward reloading, not ambi friendly, heavy. My friend loves it tho, so it’s all personal preference.

I wanted a tavor until I shot one. More gas to face, awkward reloading, not ambi friendly, heavy. My friend loves it tho, so it’s all personal preference.
Manticore arms has a part that fixes the gas-to-face problem. Awkward reloading is a case of needing more practice, especially if you’re not accustomed to a bullpup. FS2000 and Famas, Hellion, AUG all similar.

Manticore arms has a part that fixes the gas-to-face problem. Awkward reloading is a case of needing more practice, especially if you’re not accustomed to a bullpup. FS2000 and Famas, Hellion, AUG all similar.
Yes, you can practice mag changes until it comes instinctual under stress.

…and then you’ll have the opposite problem when running an AR.

I had a SAR-1. sold it. If you only like to practice and shoot with your dominant hand/arm, it's great. Before you try shooting on the other side, make sure you enjoy eating hot brass. A traditional carbine setup will not feed you brass.

Yup. Love it

Attachments

• 20231218_090339.jpg
    20231218_090339.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
Optics make this point irrelevant unless you use iron sights. BUIS. Back Up Iron Sights. Right there in the name.... back up. As in, have an optic and worry about sight radius when you use your BUIS.

Shhh. We're trying to talk him out of the Tavor. Of course he trains with BUISes and the bullpup design creates a problem that CAN NOT BE FIXED.

One issue is getting parts right now.
I've read on some other forums that IWI send you what you need if you break it or loose a spring or something. But it is pretty annoying that they aren't stocking a lot of parts anymore, especially with the price they charge for the rifle. Before 2020 they had most everything in stock and I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing a bolt parts kit or 2. I like my x95 but it won't replace an ar if for some reason I can only have 1 rifle.

On the topic of tavor parts, I just checked the IWI site and everything is on sale right now. But guess what, nothing I want is in stock lol. What a bunch of A holes.

Back
Top Bottom