Tacoma or Tundra

Which rust faster, a Toyota frame or a Dodge body - Dodge/Cummins, would anyone argue that this combo is NOT the greatest automotive oxymoron of all time? not including the Yugo-early Vega or GM diesel conversion...

Double silly me, make that ANY Subaru.
I've owned 6 Subaru's in my life before I bought my Tacoma. Every Subaru I have owned went minimum 140,000 with no repair bills. A couple went over 200,000. I tAke it you got a lemon?

So :
Ended up grabbing a 2011 tundra DC with 90,000 miles on it.

Seems like a beast of a truck so far. And I'll also be honest, check engine light is on with under 100 miles behind us. I'm guessing AIP (which I was already planning on deleting as garbage ).

Everything about it otherwise is nice except the radio. That stock head unit is dangerous dogcrap compared to a hundred dollar pioneer.

Attachments

• IMG_20181012_203419412.jpg
    IMG_20181012_203419412.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 48
I just pay $29.99 for my oil changes at midas. :)

I don't think you're getting 8 quarts of synthetic oil and a filter for $29.99 . Tundras come with synthetic and you shouldn't put dino oil in them.

I get the K&N filters in 3 packs on Amazon for cheap money and it is hard to beat WalMart for oil prices and it still cost me about $45 for oil and filter for my 2014 Tundra.

I don't think you're getting 8 quarts of synthetic oil and a filter for $29.99 . Tundras come with synthetic and you shouldn't put dino oil in them.

I get the K&N filters in 3 packs on Amazon for cheap money and it is hard to beat WalMart for oil prices and it still cost me about $45 for oil and filter for my 2014 Tundra.
I have a tacoma. Conventional oil....29.99 at Midas for the last 3 and a half years I've owned the truck.

I use Mobile 1 which is 25 a gal but need to buy 2 since my Sierra takes 8qts. After building a few engines and tearing apart to inspect I’m just happy with Moble 1

Mobil 1 is all I use in my vehicles since the early 80s. 5 quart jugs at WalMart for $25.99 is about the best deal you will find.

According to a tribologist I had speaks with from ClubLexus.... (EG, a guy who managed oil analasis for fleets of hundreds of vehicles) Mobil 1 EP (green jug I think ) is the best out of that group of oils. The only stuff he said was really better was BioSyn RLI.... only problem with RLI, is it's distribution is limited so you'd have to order it online or such. He said "If you can't get your hands on RLI easily enough, M1EP is still really, really good, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it."

-Mike

So :
Ended up grabbing a 2011 tundra DC with 90,000 miles on it.

Seems like a beast of a truck so far. And I'll also be honest, check engine light is on with under 100 miles behind us. I'm guessing AIP (which I was already planning on deleting as garbage ).

Everything about it otherwise is nice except the radio. That stock head unit is dangerous dogcrap compared to a hundred dollar pioneer.

I loved everything about mine except for the radio and the gas mileage. I finally got tired of the radio and put in a pioneer with a brake bi-pass, connected the rear camera to it, and then did all the speakers over with an amp and a sub. Truck had gobs of HP and TQ. Good luck with it.

Dont skinflint on the filters,K&N moved production from somewhere in Indonesia to China for its MC filters,and there has been a lot of failures with the filter separating from the base and oil leaking its no fun on a MC. I dont know if production for auto filters has moved as well,but F K&N.I buy genuine Toyota filters and Mobil 1,if I can find the OEM for the filters,i will get them.

Cant believe I am using skinflint in my posts,thanks drgrant.

Toyota 0-20 oil is one of the highest rated oils available.

Less than $7 at the dealer.....great stuff.

Saw a guy with a black Tundra at home depot today. Nice looking truck.
My brother in law has one in silver. Very sharp.

Tacos are nice, but Id go for the Big Burrito.

Dont skinflint on the filters,K&N moved production from somewhere in Indonesia to China for its MC filters,and there has been a lot of failures with the filter separating from the base and oil leaking its no fun on a MC. I dont know if production for auto filters has moved as well,but F K&N.I buy genuine Toyota filters and Mobil 1,if I can find the OEM for the filters,i will get them.

Cant believe I am using skinflint in my posts,thanks drgrant.

I changed the oil today and looked at the K&N. The one I used was made in Korea. I like the K&N because they come with the 2 O-Rings for the filter housing. Most don't including Toyota. The K&N also comes with the plastic insert to drain the filter housing before removing it.

Back
Top Bottom