• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Storage Fees Bonded gun shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
You people really amuse me. I see countless threads on here about capitalism, supply and demand and increased prices are not gouging etc., etc, etc but wow, you really hate these storage places that charge fees. Capitalism comes in all forms. Don't blame the shop, blame the police dept. Not every PD uses a bonded wearhouze

Dude there is NOTHING capitalist about a state authorized extortion scheme. The entire thing is enabled by .gov, by proxy. It (Bonded Warehouses) would not be a "thing" without government bullshit. The bonded warehouse procedure in MA is forced, btw. Unless the victim can somehow get their shit out before the anti-gun
PD dumps them to the bonded warehouse they get hosed.

Lol shocker that you're the DUI crusader, "1 level" LCD/NPC thinking/clown world screeching, that's why we are losing our freedoms. Because of people like you.

You people really amuse me. I see countless threads on here about capitalism, supply and demand and increased prices are not gouging etc., etc, etc but wow, you really hate these storage places that charge fees. Capitalism comes in all forms. Don't blame the shop, blame the police dept. Not every PD uses a bonded wearhouze
Making money does not mean capitalism. State owned companies in china make billions.
Capitalism would be 5 shops in town, each of them competing for your business with better service, lower fees, or getting you a higher price for the sale.
One guy getting the gig to charge you whatever he wants for the service is not capitalism by any measure.
Don't quote me but i have heard from someone who got them back from them that they are easy to work with. You are talking powder horn right?
Powderhorn is one of the better ones out there but it's still a very flawed system. From the "customer's" perspective, nothing's really gonna be easy because you have no choice and more or less get forced to go with whatever the shop wants to charge.

Go f*** yourself.

Perhaps the dumbest thing I’ve ever read. Put the glue bottle away chief.

Dude there is NOTHING capitalist about a state authorized extortion scheme. The entire thing is enabled by .gov, by proxy. It (Bonded Warehouses) would not be a "thing" without government bullshit. The bonded warehouse procedure in MA is forced, btw. Unless the victim can somehow get their shit out before the anti-gun
PD dumps them to the bonded warehouse they get hosed.

Lol shocker that you're the DUI crusader, "1 level" LCD/NPC thinking/clown world screeching, that's why we are losing our freedoms. Because of people like you.
I guess this guy learned the hard way. I was not lucky enough to inherit any collectible firearms. But if I had, they would be stored at our Florida vacation/retirement home. The only guns we brought to MA are 3 inexpensive small-caliber Savage bolt action rifles and a couple of Remington Express 12 gauge shotguns. Walmart variety. No great loss if they get grabbed.

If the letter was postmarked on Feb 3 then you are not liable for fees before then.
And if your attorney says he can take care if it with a phone call then take him up on that quickly.
Can you please provided details - Status, CMR or court decision? Comm2A would be very interested in having this information if it is supported by facts rather than one individual's interpretation not yet recognized by any competent authority.

Once the bonded theft house has the guns, you will either pay the fees or obtain a court order to get your guns back. No amount of declaring what the law means will get your guns back.

But, the important thing is IMMEDIATE notice to the PD regarding your intent to have the guns transferred. My notice is already printed and in the safe to hand over with the guns if I am ever subject to confiscation, and lists dealers and individuals authorized to take possession.

Didn’t read the whole thread but not sure why the complaints? Their website says 18,000 happy customers and 100% satisfaction! Guess there’s one in every crowd:)

Can you please provided details - Status, CMR or court decision? Comm2A would be very interested in having this information if it is supported by facts rather than one individual's interpretation not yet recognized by any competent authority.

Once the bonded theft house has the guns, you will either pay the fees or obtain a court order to get your guns back. No amount of declaring what the law means will get your guns back.

But, the important thing is IMMEDIATE notice to the PD regarding your intent to have the guns transferred. My notice is already printed and in the safe to hand over with the guns if I am ever subject to confiscation, and lists dealers and individuals authorized to take possession.
What would happen if the cops forced open your safe while holding you at gunpoint, confiscated your paperwork and trashed it. gave your guns to these thefthouse people and said too bad. What recourse do you have in MA? Maybe better to keep the really valuable guns out of state and keep "basics only" at home?

I'll respond to all the derisive comments one time. It is capitalism. Yes the state of Massachusetts created this entire bonded wearhouse thing but if it is as profitable as everyone here says it is then many folks would be setting these things up. Then there would be competition. It is probably not very profitable, with burglar and fire protection, insurance, employees, regulatory compliance etc. That is probably why there are so few of these wear houses. I do not see how this is gouging and horrible and a bad thing when all these same folks say that ammo venders can charge whatever they want. And if you don't like things you are free to run for office and effect change. Or just move. And I have a lot of friends in MA and not every PD does the whole wearhouse thing.

In response to all those who say go green, I looked at the Green benefits again, heres the list and the reasons why Green is not for me:

Memberships benefits include ability to upload attachments totaling up to 10mb to the server, private messages storage goes from 50 to 5000 messages, ability set self to invisible mode, use a personal signature, ability to upload a profile picture to the server, ability to upload a avatar picture to the server, and access to the NES Members Forum. ***Absolutely no refunds, by signing up for a membership you agree to these terms.*** I have no need to upload attachments or store private messages.

Other benefits include:
  • Access to sell items in the classifieds, I have sold fewer than 10 guns in the last 40 years. Means nothing to me.
  • Firearms giveaway every month, I've seen those, nothing that interests me
  • Frequent NES Members group shoots, at least 3 per year, Im a loner
  • Frequent NES Members luncheons/dinners, Im a loner
  • All Group Buys are restricted to NES Members only, I have many friends and family members who have FFLs, get plenty of good deals
  • NES Tours/Trips to firearms manufacturers plants, etc., Who cares
  • Special Discount deals As I said, I have many friends and family members who have FFLs

I'll respond to all the derisive comments one time. It is capitalism. Yes the state of Massachusetts created this entire bonded wearhouse thing but if it is as profitable as everyone here says it is then many folks would be setting these things up. Then there would be competition. It is probably not very profitable, with burglar and fire protection, insurance, employees, regulatory compliance etc. That is probably why there are so few of these wear houses. I do not see how this is gouging and horrible and a bad thing when all these same folks say that ammo venders can charge whatever they want. And if you don't like things you are free to run for office and effect change. Or just move. And I have a lot of friends in MA and not every PD does the whole wearhouse thing.

In response to all those who say go green, I looked at the Green benefits again, heres the list and the reasons why Green is not for me:

Memberships benefits include ability to upload attachments totaling up to 10mb to the server, private messages storage goes from 50 to 5000 messages, ability set self to invisible mode, use a personal signature, ability to upload a profile picture to the server, ability to upload a avatar picture to the server, and access to the NES Members Forum. ***Absolutely no refunds, by signing up for a membership you agree to these terms.*** I have no need to upload attachments or store private messages.

Other benefits include:
  • Access to sell items in the classifieds, I have sold fewer than 10 guns in the last 40 years. Means nothing to me.
  • All Group Buys are restricted to NES Members only, I have many friends and family members who have FFLs, get plenty of good deals
  • Special Discount deals As I said, I have many friends and family members who have FFLs
My issue is that I’m trying to resolve the matter but I’m getting the run around-meanwhile fees are racking up on a daily basis.

Other benefits include:
I’ll give Derek the $24 just to ban you.

Other benefits include:
You literally defined why it is not capitalism by trying to say it is capitalism.

You are trying to compare this to a legitimate business selling ammo. If I dont want to buy ammo, I dont buy ammo. If my guns end up at these scumbags shop, I have no choice, I get raped with fees.

Can your brain process the difference between those two? (I am using the same example you use).

So, who recently got banned? ... because this dude sounds a lot like someone that was here already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom