• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stop & Shop has firearms?

It’s every boys dream to find a gun someday! I never have!
My brother found a tossed pistol used in a robbery in Wakefield when he was a kid! So jealous!

Edit: IIRC he said it was a suppressed Beretta i think?
Edit2: I should also mention it was turned over to the police

Last edited:
Article said it was unloaded - let me guess, gun left behind once it was discovered the Stop & Shop flyer had no BOGO coupon for ammo!

Maybe they found a better gun or one with ammo and left theirs in it's place? :oops:

They actually do that a lot at BJs in Framingham. I was looking for some work boots and got the box with my size only to find out a pair of well worn paint- stained work boots inside. Told the service counter, they didnt even belt an eye- "oh yeah- we see that a lot... "

At least the thief had a day job...

I used to work for the power company in Connecticut. I was doing a meter reconnect in an old cruddy apartment building in Bridgeport Connecticut. When I opened the box (it was an old type of service nothing like what is made today) one of those realistic looking pellet guns fell out. At first glance I thought it was real, then I couldn’t believe it didn’t blast when whoever jammed it in there or when I opened it up. Scared the crap out of me

reaching to the top shelf at a s&s is a ball buster, you got to adjust yourself so it won't topple to the floor doing a power reach. sometimes that means unholstering, sort of like dropping your pants for a power dump and forgetting the gun on the floor when it wiggles free of it's confines. reaching the good pop corn on the top shelf is most important enough to disarm for a secure reach. much like a good, healthy dump. you're so excited after the fact, the released endorphins go nuts from the released pain causing the brain to forget as your mind goes into a pleasure ecstasy state.

reaching to the top shelf at a s&s is a ball buster, you got to adjust yourself so it won't topple to the floor doing a power reach. sometimes that means unholstering, sort of like dropping your pants for a power dump and forgetting the gun on the floor when it wiggles free of it's confines. reaching the good pop corn on the top shelf is most important enough to disarm for a secure reach. much like a good, healthy dump. you're so excited after the fact, the released endorphins go nuts from the released pain causing the brain to forget as your mind goes into a pleasure ecstasy state.
I have no problem with the top shelf, but I'd like a word with whomever put the bottom shelf so close to the ground....

They actually do that a lot at BJs in Framingham. I was looking for some work boots and got the box with my size only to find out a pair of well worn paint- stained work boots inside. Told the service counter, they didnt even belt an eye- "oh yeah- we see that a lot... "

At least the thief had a day job...
LOL, the security at the former Spags in Shrewsbury were trained to look at the feet of shoppers to see if someone was wearing new shoes. It was a fairly common occurrence that old shoes would be found in new shoe boxes.
They once saw a guy with a mirror on the top of his shoe trying to look up women’s skirts…..these were the days when you could be not so gentle with the perps…

It’s every boys dream to find a gun someday! I never have!
My brother found a tossed pistol used in a robbery in Wakefield when he was a kid! So jealous!
I found 3 in one day once. Mil issued 1911's. Walking down a dirt road at Ft. Hood, there's one lying in the middle of the road. A little farther on, a second one. It was tempting, but I knew someone would be screwed when they turned up missing. I went and told our Lt. He checked with the armorer, who was surprised. They asked me to take them back to where I'd found them, and a third one turned up.

They'd been in a pistol rack in the back of a pick up truck, and not chained in. On the bumps, they'd bounced out.

Never had any luck since then. :(

Back
Top Bottom