• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Storage Fees Bonded gun shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP:

The owner of J&S has been sick, in and out of the hospital, might be why you're getting the runaround.

Shoot me a PM and I'll go with you to get them, and will then transfer your guns to whomever you want free of charge. If you can't get anyone over there let me know and I'll text one of the guys who works there.
He told me to call him today... no answer just voicemail. I sent you a direct message.

I appreciate that, I’ll keep it in mind for sure. I’m not going bat shit on them. I’m trying to give them the benefit of the doubt but it’s hard to because of a few red flags right off the bat for an example the letter dated back in January however it’s post marked 4 days ago....

I encourage you not to give him the benefit of the doubt, and not to feel sorry for him. The guy is taking advantage of you.

OP:

The owner of J&S has been sick, in and out of the hospital, might be why you're getting the runaround.

Shoot me a PM and I'll go with you to get them, and will then transfer your guns to whomever you want free of charge. If you can't get anyone over there let me know and I'll text one of the guys who works there.
This is the kind of offer that people not connected to NES would only dream of. It’s suspicious to me that you didn’t accept. Just sayin.

This is the kind of offer that people not connected to NES would only dream of. It’s suspicious to me that you didn’t accept. Just sayin.
Yeah I’m not sure what you’re talking about. I replied to his post and sent him a direct message. To cover all my bases I’ve reached out to Jason Guida and also another attorney.

Just an update, I spoke with the owner on Saturday he told me he was “too busy at the moment” and that he only does transfers on Monday and I believe Friday. He told me to call him today.... I called and got the answering machine...shocker.
This is why you need someone like Guida.
By the time you get this cluster f*** sorted the money you owe is going to exceed the value of the arms they have.

Yeah I’m not sure what you’re talking about. I replied to his post and sent him a direct message. To cover all my bases I’ve reached out to Jason Guida and also another attorney.
Well if this is the case we're done here. Ether you can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink applies, or you're so f***ed you're never getting your shit back. I just don't see any other avenue.

Unless there's some useful updates (not people badgering the guy about anything not related to the problem) we're done here.

I feel bad OP, I really do, I had some guns taken once and had a hell of a time getting them back, but in this state this needs to be more important than feeding your children, because that's the only way you're gonna get the arma out of a bonded warehouse.

One time a pal of mine had 15 guns taken by the PD and sent to Peter Dowd's lockup due to a restraining order. We went there, my pal paid what he owed and Peter logged the guns out to me. That was over 12 years ago and I still have all the shit in N/C storage except for a Ruger .357 that the PD left a signed receipt for but that never made it to me. ATF sent me a trace request for the Ruger and never followed up on it. Things can fall thru the cracks. Jack.

You people really amuse me. I see countless threads on here about capitalism, supply and demand and increased prices are not gouging etc., etc, etc but wow, you really hate these storage places that charge fees. Capitalism comes in all forms. Don't blame the shop, blame the police dept. Not every PD uses a bonded wearhouze

I'm curious to know what the fees are. Was it outlined in the letter? If he's charging by the day and putting you off it doesn't seem fair. If on the other hand he is charging a flat fee then a few days doesn't matter. Are the fees high or low? I'm also wondering how this works. The storage facility gets the guns a year ago? Or did they just get them because the case is now resolved? Can they charge storage for time prior to sending the letter? And do they get to charge a transfer fee when someone comes to get them? So many questions here.

One time a pal of mine had 15 guns taken by the PD and sent to Peter Dowd's lockup due to a restraining order. We went there, my pal paid what he owed and Peter logged the guns out to me. That was over 12 years ago and I still have all the shit in N/C storage except for a Ruger .357 that the PD left a signed receipt for but that never made it to me. ATF sent me a trace request for the Ruger and never followed up on it. Things can fall thru the cracks. Jack.
I would have to go dig up the story, but when the ATF audited Dowd he had over a 100 guns unaccounted for. Besides being a complete ass/extortionist he could not even keep his paperwork straight. Criminal and stupid, my favorite combination.

I'm curious to know what the fees are. Was it outlined in the letter? If he's charging by the day and putting you off it doesn't seem fair. If on the other hand he is charging a flat fee then a few days doesn't matter. Are the fees high or low? I'm also wondering how this works. The storage facility gets the guns a year ago? Or did they just get them because the case is now resolved? Can they charge storage for time prior to sending the letter? And do they get to charge a transfer fee when someone comes to get them? So many questions here.
He’s charging daily for each firearm. I did get a receipt along with a letter saying he’s reachable by either phone, mail or email. His letter is dated January 21st 2021 however his post marked envelope says 02/03/2021 I received it in the mail on 02/05/2021- red flag number one, I too would like to know if they can charge Storage before they even contact me (doesn’t seem legit). I went there in person was told he wasn’t there to call back at 5pm I called back at 5pm it went straight to voicemail so I left a voicemail and followed it up with an email. I went there again in person the next day spoke with him but he was “too busy” at the time and only does transfers on Monday and Friday I believe, he then told me to call him Monday (today) and of course I got no answer just the voicemail.... the words fraud and scum come to my mind at this point.

It's not just fees, but terms that Dowd used:

"I am on vacation for a few weeks, fees will continue to accrue in my absence"

"Each milkcrate of ammo counts as a gun and incurs the same fees"

"$20ish in, $20ish out, $20ish to transfer to someone else, $.50 per day"

"You cannot redeem only part of your collection; it is all or nothing. I will not allow you to redeem a subset of your guns so you can sell them and raise bail for the rest".

Many of us here on here would incur thousands in fees just to have the guns transferred to someone else the day after the bonded warehouse got their mitts on them. It would cost me over $2K plus over $500 per month in fees if my guns were taken hostage.

I would have to go dig up the story, but when the ATF audited Dowd he had over a 100 guns unaccounted for. Besides being a complete ass/extortionist he could not even keep his paperwork straight. Criminal and stupid, my favorite combination.
Is that why he gave up his license? Well that and the heat/ impending lawsuit LMAO....

"You cannot redeem only part of your collection; it is all or nothing. I will not allow you to redeem a subset of your guns so you can sell them and raise bail for the rest".

Basically the translated version of this from Dowd-Speak was "I am punishing you because I really don't want to return your guns to you, I never want to see you, actually. I just want to basically make returning your guns an untenable proposition, so I can just assume ownership when you're in arrears too far and then I can turn them over to "Yankee Artifacts" (or whoever those fags were that nobody ever heard of) and have them liquidate your shit on gunbroker and I'll get back most of the money from those auctions.... thus basically putting me in the gun sales business with free inventory and little to no overhead. "

Randy, Dowd gave my pal a list of the charges and gave me a list of the guns he (supposedly) was logging out to me. I did not see that the Ruger was missing till I compared the list to the receipt left by the PD. No way to tell if the Ruger actually went from the PD to Dowd. The trace request makes this smell fishy. Jack.

Reactions: AHM
My m&p 40 compact had a crimson trace laser handgrip on it... it would be interesting to know if it’s still on there after all this time. If you’re familiar with this firearm you know how simple it is to swap out the handgrip.

This brings up a good question. Is there an amount of time they are required to hold them? Do they need a sign off on selling them to recoup thier fees?

My issue is that I’m trying to resolve the matter but I’m getting the run around-meanwhile fees are racking up on a daily basis.
My Name is John L. Lienard. I own J&S Guns &Ammo INC. Yes I run a Bonded warehouse. I have since 2014. When you came into my shop Saturday we were stacked with customers. I Informed you. The gunshop is is open Thursday and Friday 1-6 and Saturday 10-3. That's 15 hours a week. I told you Monday - Wednesday we take appointments for warehouse returns. So after I finish this reply You can return a call to me at 508 951 8829 my cell #. I was at the hospital today and have not checked my messages. My intention is to get guns back to the owner or transfered wherever the owner wishes. I usually knock the charges down and the clock stops when the person contacts me. So here we are . Awaiting your call to transfer your firearms. I have client references at request. Some have become my friends. I started the warehouse business because I dealt with one that ripped a friend off with attitude charges and disrespect toward me and the friend I was helping out. It's not always about money. I feel more for the person and moving forward to there needs.

My Name is John L. Lienard. I own J&S Guns &Ammo INC. Yes I run a Bonded warehouse. I have since 2014. When you came into my shop Saturday we were stacked with customers. I Informed you. The gunshop is is open Thursday and Friday 1-6 and Saturday 10-3. That's 15 hours a week. I told you Monday - Wednesday we take appointments for warehouse returns. So after I finish this reply You can return a call to me at 508 951 8829 my cell #. I was at the hospital today and have not checked my messages. My intention is to get guns back to the owner or transfered wherever the owner wishes. I usually knock the charges down and the clock stops when the person contacts me. So here we are . Awaiting your call to transfer your firearms. I have client references at request. Some have become my friends. I started the warehouse business because I dealt with one that ripped a friend off with attitude charges and disrespect toward me and the friend I was helping out. It's not always about money. I feel more for the person and moving forward to there needs.
Great response man. Don't go too hard on our cup table guy. We all know things come up in life. Thanks for helping him out. I trust it will all work out. Keeps us posted cups.
Thanks John for saying something

Appreciate the response. Hopefully this works out for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom