• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

STOP ERPO TODAY!!! - Light Up The State House Phones!

"Section 131T. (a) Upon the filing of a petition pursuant to section 131R, the court may issue an emergency extreme risk protection order without notice to the respondent and prior to the hearing required pursuant to subsection (a) of section 131S if the court finds reasonable cause to conclude that the respondent poses a significant risk of causing bodily injury to self or others by being in possession of a license to carry firearms or a firearm identification card or having in his control, ownership or possession a firearm, rifle, shotgun, machine gun, weapon or ammunition."

Total, utter, naked tyranny. A VERY in-your-face violation of 2A, 4A and 5A at the very least. If this bill passes as is and is allowed to stand after being appealed to SCOTUS, I really hope all will join me in availing myself of the "cartridge box" option because it will truly be time for that.

He probably won't even bother to open this email but FWIW....

Attn: The Honorable Jeffery N. Roy
State House Room 134
Boston, MA 02133

Dear Representative Roy:
Please vote AGAINST H. 4517 when it comes up for a full vote in the house.

I understand the need to protect people from those who're at "extreme risk" of committing violence but as written, the language of H. 4517 allows for the confiscation of firearms from gun owners with ABSOLUTELY ZERO DUE PROCESS!!!!

In case you may not be aware of this language I've quoted it below:
"Section 131T. (a) Upon the filing of a petition pursuant to section 131R, the court may issue an emergency extreme risk protection order without notice to the respondent and prior to the hearing required pursuant to subsection (a) of section 131S if the court finds reasonable cause to conclude that the respondent poses a significant risk of causing bodily injury to self or others by being in possession of a license to carry firearms or a firearm identification card or having in his control, ownership or possession a firearm, rifle, shotgun, machine gun, weapon or ammunition."

This must, must, MUST NOT be allowed to pass as is.

It is A VERY DIRECT VIOLATION OF NOT JUST THE 2ND AMENDMENT, BUT ALSO THE 5TH AMENDMENT RIGHT OF DUE PROCESS. Allowing ANY government entity to violate the rights of any free person with out ANY due process in ANY form is unbelievably disturbing to me, and should be unbelievably disturbing to you too!

Should this come up for a vote "as is" I will be watch which way you vote on this measure. I'm well aware that you have a Republican challenger in the upcoming election cycle and will, along with several of my gun-owning friends be forced to support him and to vote against you if you fail to vote as I wish on H. 4517 as it ENTIRELY disregards liberty. All it takes is a mere accusation to completely violate the rights of gun owners in the commonwealth the way this bill is written.

This is probably the most egregious, anti-constitutional piece of legislation I've ever witnessed in my life.
Thank you.

Yes, of course I will be calling his office in the morning as well. Not that it will prevent him from voting in lock-step with DeLeo, but I really don't know what else to do.

He probably won't even bother to open this email but FWIW....

Attn: The Honorable Jeffery N. Roy
State House Room 134
Boston, MA 02133

Dear Representative Roy:
Please vote AGAINST H. 4517 when it comes up for a full vote in the house.

I understand the need to protect people from those who're at "extreme risk" of committing violence but as written, the language of H. 4517 allows for the confiscation of firearms from gun owners with ABSOLUTELY ZERO DUE PROCESS!!!!

In case you may not be aware of this language I've quoted it below:

This must, must, MUST NOT be allowed to pass as is.

It is A VERY DIRECT VIOLATION OF NOT JUST THE 2ND AMENDMENT, BUT ALSO THE 5TH AMENDMENT RIGHT OF DUE PROCESS. Allowing ANY government entity to violate the rights of any free person with out ANY due process in ANY form is unbelievably disturbing to me, and should be unbelievably disturbing to you too!

Should this come up for a vote "as is" I will be watch which way you vote on this measure. I'm well aware that you have a Republican challenger in the upcoming election cycle and will, along with several of my gun-owning friends be forced to support him and to vote against you if you fail to vote as I wish on H. 4517 as it ENTIRELY disregards liberty. All it takes is a mere accusation to completely violate the rights of gun owners in the commonwealth the way this bill is written.

This is probably the most egregious, anti-constitutional piece of legislation I've ever witnessed in my life.
Thank you.

Yes, of course I will be calling his office in the morning as well. Not that it will prevent him from voting in lock-step with DeLeo, but I really don't know what else to do.
Thank you! Good talking points. Used many of them in my letter to my State Rep.

Anyone know when they are voting on this steaming pile?

House bill would license stun guns like firearms

Committee officials confirmed to the News Service that the stun gun language added to the so-called "red flag" bill would ensure that anyone wishing to carry a stun gun would first have to obtain a license to carry a firearm.

It's actually worse than that as the bill classifies them as handguns, which creates a huge mess for a plethora of reasons.
-Stun guns can't pass AG consumer regs
-Stun guns aren't serialized
-How would they be disposed of?

And on and on.

Emailed and called my reps.
However I must say this bill has pushed me more towards the, What’s the point?
I will fight while living in MA, but looking forward to getting out.

Don't even waste your time calling the politicians unless you're going to muster up a militia and have them tarred and feathered.Just move out of the shity state or if you have a bunch of money get a lawyer and sue them.

Don't even waste your time calling the politicians unless you're going to muster up a militia and have them tarred and feathered.Just move out of the shity state or if you have a bunch of money get a lawyer and sue them.
The only problem with “moving out of the shitty state” - and trust me, I’m making my own escape plans - is that this shit will most certainly spread to other states if it is allowed to simply pass. We can’t pretend that a bill that provides ABSOLUTELY ZERO DUE PROCESS, not even a requirement to notify, isn’t a new level of tyranny. Even here in the PRM.

Last edited:
Doesn't look good at all...

House addresses SJC stun gun ruling in redrafted 'red flag' bill

BOSTON
— The gun bill that the House intends to debate on Wednesday would add stun guns to the state law governing ownership of firearms, subjecting the weapons to the same licensing requirements as a rifle or shotgun.

The measure was inserted into the bill as it was being rewritten by the House Ways and Means Committee in response to a Supreme Judicial Court ruling in April that struck down the state's ban on civilian ownership of stun guns, according to committee staff.

The Ways and Means Committee, chaired by Rep. Jeffrey Sanchez, gave the legislation a favorable recommendation on Monday morning, setting it up for a vote before the full House on Wednesday. The committee vote was 24-2.

The overarching bill, originally sponsored by Rep. Majorie Decker, would allow a family or household member to petition a court to have someone's firearms, weapons or ammunition confiscated for a year if they are found by a judge to pose a threat to themselves or others.

Committee officials confirmed to the News Service that the stun gun language added to the so-called "red flag" bill would ensure that anyone wishing to carry a stun gun would first have to obtain a license to carry a firearm.

The bill would also repeal the now unconstitutional provision on the books banning civilian stun gun ownership, they said.

The April 17 decision written by Supreme Judicial Court Chief Justice Ralph Gants striking down the state ban on stun guns brought the court's position more in line with the U.S. Supreme Court, which had overruled the SJC in a case involving a Bay State woman's conviction on stun gun possession charges.

The Supreme Court ruled that Massachusett's ban on stun guns "does a grave disservice to vulnerable individuals ... who must defend themselves because the State will not."

In Gants' decision, the SJC said it would delay entry of its judgment for 60 days in order to give the Legislature time to respond, and House Speaker Robert DeLeo at that time said he was reviewing the options and intended to file legislation within the 60-day window.

Thirty-five days passed since that ruling was issued.

By attaching the stun gun provisions to the red flag bill, House leaders tacked the measure onto a bill that has gained considerable momentum since the high school shooting in Florida and will go before House lawmakers just days after another school shooting in Sante Fe, Texas.

Gov. Charlie Baker, who will be the last arbiter of the legislation, has not outlined specific preferences for how either issue gets handled by the Legislature, but would have to consider both when weighing whether to sign a final bill should it reach his desk.

House addresses SJC stun gun ruling in redrafted 'red flag' bill

Don't even waste your time calling the politicians

^ That is why I am not bothering. They are the majority in this shitty state, they could not care less what you think or what you ask/tell them and if you think otherwise (that they do care and that the time you spend on the phone or keyboard makes a difference) you're a fool IMH.

I wondering if the asinine stun gun move might backfire on them in court. Washington D.C. tried to play these games with firearms licensing and it was the equivalent of slamming a car door shut on their dicks in the end.

Received from my Rep. today:
Header_New.png

Your Constitutional rights are being taken away tomorrow and you can't stop it.

As a legislator, and a member of the Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security I’ve seen firsthand the attack on the 2nd Amendment in Massachusetts.

Starting with Attorney General Maura Healy’s unprecedented assault on semiautomatic firearms, to the fight to make Massachusetts a sanctuary state, and the confiscation of lawfully purchased products without just compensation; the efforts to disarm the law-abiding citizens of Massachusetts continues full speed.

As a legislator on Beacon Hill you have two choices: you can “go-along-to-get-along” and be someone who doesn't make waves, or you can roll up your sleeves and do what’s right. I’ve chosen the latter.

I was one of only 3 legislators to stand up and vote against a bill that would ban “any device that increases the rate of fire of a weapon”. This incredibly dangerous language would have made any firearm, modified for any purpose illegal overnight! Thankfully, because we stood up and we would not quietly agree, the Beacon Hill power brokers took notice and the language was dropped.

I was the only legislator to grill the sponsors of the Sanctuary State bill when it came before the Public Safety Committee. I demanded accountability and truth from the bill’s sponsors and again we succeeded!

And tomorrow, I'll be working hard to put an end to the so called "Red Flag" bill. The most blatant attempt in recent memory to revoke your constitutional rights.

Unfortunately, we don't have the votes to stop this bill. Which is why I need your help.

You see, being outspoken and standing up for your rights upsets the power structure on Beacon Hill and paints a huge bull’s eye on my back. I need your help to continue my fight to protect your 2nd Amendment rights.

Can you chip in just $15 right now to help me continue the fight to protect your 2nd Amendment rights?

That's it, just $15 - less than the cost for a box of 9mm rounds - helps me continue the fight on Beacon Hill

With you donation, I'll continue my fight to:

• To be outspoken in the protection of your rights.
  • Educate other legislators on the dangers of disregarding the 2nd Amendment.
  • Helping new candidates challenge far left incumbents to help us even the numbers, and make your voice heard.

With politicians now openly campaigning by saying "F*ck the NRA", the time is now to stand with those of us in the fight every day. Sadly, we're going to lose the battle tomorrow, but we don't have to lose the war!

To Victory!
Peter

PS: Please donate today and help me do what I was sent here to do: Defend the Constitution

Donate

I prefer to think if you fight back smart enough and hard enough, you can fend off death entirely. Might not be true, but you have to try

Phone calls and letters to an opposition party with a super majority may be fighting hard but it is not fighting smart.

Best of luck with your efforts and compromises.

I found some good ammunition to use against this bill.

This bill would make Massachusetts nearly the ONLY** state that has passed ERPOs to use a "preponderance of the evidence" standard.

Nearly every other state that's passed one of these laws - California, Connecticut, Maryland, Indiana, Oregon, Vermont, and Florida - appears to use the "clear and convincing evidence" standard.

**Edit: Washington State actually uses the "preponderance" standard, so I'd just leave them out of the argument

Last edited:

This bill would make Massachusetts the ONLY state that has passed ERPOs to use a "preponderance of the evidence" standard.

Every other state - California, Connecticut, Maryland, Washington, Indiana, Oregon, Vermont, and Florida - appears to use the "clear and convincing evidence" standard.
Any changes to this commie nazi load up in train to the camps order is welcomed.

Meanwhile ,the sheep are unaware it’s even happening to them.

This bill would make Massachusetts nearly the ONLY** state that has passed ERPOs to use a "preponderance of the evidence" standard.

Nearly every other state that's passed one of these laws - California, Connecticut, Maryland, Indiana, Oregon, Vermont, and Florida - appears to use the "clear and convincing evidence" standard.

**Edit: Washington State actually uses the "preponderance" standard, so I'd just leave them out of the argument

I thought they made it even worse than that. My understanding is that there doesn't even need to be a preponderance of evidence, simply a complaint?

Back
Top Bottom