• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

STOP ERPO TODAY!!! - Light Up The State House Phones!

In this context, adding professional licenses to the list of things that can be taken away is a good thing. You're expanding the stakes, and the impact, beyond just guns. A judge that doesn't care about gun rights still might care about peoples' right to make a living, and appellate courts certainly will take it much more seriously.

I say we should double down on that. Bar them from holding public office as well. Mentally unstable politicians are far more dangerous than anyone else!

In case anyone who can't watch the stream is wondering, nothing's happened yet. They are currently on bill 4516 which adds $2 to the cost of rental cars in MA to fund training of municipal police officers. I will post another message when they actually begin on 4517.

In case anyone who can't watch the stream is wondering, nothing's happened yet. They are currently on bill 4516 which adds $2 to the cost of rental cars in MA to fund training of municipal police officers. I will post another message when they actually begin on 4517.

Yeah, even though it's only a couple of bucks, and I haven't rented a car in over twenty years, it's
complete bullshit, and is just another example of how this state loves to nickle and dime folks
with even more taxes.

$2 per car, to raise $8M. next year they will want to spend $10M or tourism advertising, because tourism is down, and that will come from the budget. they legislative branch is a joke.

Don't worry, because of the wording starts out "Subject to appropriation..." the money will just go into the general fund and not be earmarked for anything in particular. Tagging it as goign to municipal police training is just a way to garner support.

Yeah, even though it's only a couple of bucks, and I haven't rented a car in over twenty years, it's
complete bullshit, and is just another example of how this state loves to nickle and dime folks
with even more taxes.

Naughton's providing a basic overview of this, including the need to "err on the side of public safety" to set up a "regulatory scheme" (oh, it's a scheme!) for electronic weapons.

Also just admitted that this isn't really a mental health bill at all.

He's also glossing over the due process concerns by saying everything's groovy and is basically the same as any other civil process.

"We can be assured these orders will be not be issued by wrote." "Preponderance of evidence = a significant standard."

Honestly, there's so much self congratulating that happens in the MA legislature. "We are going to continue to lead the nation..." I wouldn't be surprised if these people had thoughts like Bloomberg did when he said he'd walk right into heaven because of his work regulating guns and sodas.

I'll just sum up his testimony by saying that it sounded like it came from the southbound end of a north facing bull. Lots of misleading "stats." But I will say that I find the logic that is being presented about suicides very disturbing. They are essentially saying that because other methods of suicide attempts are not as "guaranteed" as guns, it's fine to not do anything else about suicide because the people are more likely to survive their attempts when they use other methods (and therefore we should let them hit rock bottom with a failed suicide attempt so they can see the light and "choose life").

Linda Campbell (D Methuen) talking, in support of the bill, about veterans committing suicide with firearms.

Jazz interlude on the stream. Short break, in which Harold Naughton will be reading "Harold and the Purple Crayon," Marjorie Decker will consider whether to ditch the scarf and go full pantsuit, and Linsky will glance furtively out the window, wishing longingly for the days in which livestock grazed on Boston Common.

Back
Top Bottom