Stolen Ammo Delivery MA

Nope. The gun was stolen, he called me. When he reported it to the police, he told them that he had spoken to a lawyer. The police suspended his LTC and he was required to surrender the rest of his guns.
Dont you have 7 days to report the loss?

[rofl2] Not sure if you're serious, I've had heaps of stuff just left on my doorstep when a signature was required.

Like i said, i worked there for 42 yrs. The only thing that kept me there was the money and benefits.....I personally know a x driver that left a computer system on a companys recieving dock without a sig. They took 150.00 a week out of his pay til he paid back the 25,000 that the system cost. The recieving co. Said they never got it......

At my work, I'm the receiver. I have a sign, "All deliveries and visitors, please ring bell." Very obvious sign.

I had to put another sign, "UPS PLEASE READ -->"

Next to it, so, they'd ring the freaking bell, and I'd know that stuff had been left.

Of course, now, the door's locked to keep out the viruses, so the driver has to wait for me to get to the door.

Under FOB, as well as may suppliers terms (ready the Chewy terms carefully) title to the product passes to the buyer at the time of delivery to the common carrier.
I've had issues with Chewy orders before and they always ship a replacement without issue.

why I have all my ammo/gun parts stuff delivered to my office

Me too, except TSUSA won’t deliver to an office if they know it’s an office. My office is now locked and closed to the public. While I still go in most days, I have had deliveries diverted to the house. I did have adult signature required when I was having office deliveries to avoid Saturday deliveries being left outside (they did that once, thankfully the package was there on Monday morning)

Sign up for UPS My Choice. Whenever a shipping label is created you will be notified of tracking info by Email, click the tracking number & you'll be able to select from several deliver options, sign for the package , send a note to the driver etc.. It will also show you date & time your package will be delivered.
Screenshot_20200321-225436_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200321-223425_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Just wanted some opinions on what I should be doing for a stolen ammo delivery from my condo.
Ups confirmed they left it inside the locked building and was 40 minutes before I got back home.

I wanted to call the local pd but was going to wait and see if someone accidentally took the package without realizing it. If the person stole it they would be illegally in possession if they did not have an Ltc.
Any ideas? Don’t worry the shipment had insurance :)

If the person stole it, then whether or not they have an LTC is irrelevant. They're illegally in possession.

Nope. The gun was stolen, he called me. When he reported it to the police, he told them that he had spoken to a lawyer. The police suspended his LTC and he was required to surrender the rest of his guns.

What was the reason for the suspension?

Report the theft to UPS. It's their problem not yours. You never had possession of the package.

Just whatever you do. Do NOT in future have it held at a UPS store. Those "the UPS stores" are NOT UPS. The insurance stops the second the package arrives at them. And they cover a liability for at most $100 / package. Further, I don't even believe that small amount holds for people who don't have a box.

Check with the neighbors and file a claim. Don't POpO.

Just wanted some opinions on what I should be doing for a stolen ammo delivery from my condo.
Ups confirmed they left it inside the locked building and was 40 minutes before I got back home.

I wanted to call the local pd but was going to wait and see if someone accidentally took the package without realizing it. If the person stole it they would be illegally in possession if they did not have an Ltc.
Any ideas? Don’t worry the shipment had insurance :)
One thing I do when getting an ammo shipment is make them double box it so it’s not obvious. The other thing I have done is have my retired neighbor keep an eye out. However regardless of that and even though it’s hard to see if there is a package on my door I have had things gone missing. I just reported it to the company who shipped the package and they replaced it. Not sure if that will work with ammo.

I've had issues with Chewy orders before and they always ship a replacement without issue.

MsHappy uses Chewy, and speaks very highly of them. Once, she accidentally double-ordered some cat food, and called them up, for a return. "Don't worry, just donate it to an animal shelter," they said, and took it off the bill. No issues. The return shipping would probably have been more than their profit on the item, not to mention the cost of returning it to inventory, but it was still a nice way of handling it.

That said, FedEx Ground seems to schedule the delivery of 16-ton boxes of litter, for rainy days. Since I have no covered area to leave it in....well, corrugated and water don't mix [laugh]. Can't blame Chewey or FXG for the weather.

Only criminals need lawyers

This viewpoint is one of my pet peeves. It is pretty common on TV shows, and I see it sometimes in real life. And I can hardly think of a statement that is more opposite of the truth. My view is "Only innocent people need lawyers, because I don't really care what happens to criminals." Ok, that is only half serious.

But to be completely serious, anyone who has done nothing wrong, but has gotten tangled with the system, needs a lawyer to avoid the likelihood of a very negative outcome. And it needs to be a good lawyer, who is consulted early and often. NES is filled with threads about people who did not understand this message, and the stories are not pretty.

ETA:
As @MisterHappy pointed out below, I am aware that the quote above is not the view of @swatgig, but was a description of the attitude from police. And @swatgig has my respect as someone who helps fix things for people who get caught up in problems they don't deserve.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom