Stolen Ammo Delivery MA

I'm surprised they delivered it without signature. I get a lot of deliveries in my office, and the only one they go out of their way to ensure a signature is on it seems to be my Target orders. Others, they just ask for a last name most of the time. In any case, Target seems to be solid in this area. See the quote on their website below:

Shipping Insurance
Target Sports USA offers shipping insurance on every order in order to ensure proper and safe delivery. The entire purchase price of the damages or lost merchandise is covered.
Due to the unique nature of the product we sell, we only accept returns and apply shipping insurance if the actual cartridges are damaged within transit. Superficial damage to packaging does not qualify for a return, insurance claim or discount.

what did you need to do with tsusa to get them to deliver to a ups hub?

1. Order from TSUSA normally, no change to your shipping address.
2. Sign up for a free account with UPS- once a shipping label has been created, you can redirect the delivery address.
UPS Store are franchised, and most will not accept "Limited Quantity Dangerous Goods" but the UPS Hub will still take the package!

I had the $1 insurance checked off and TSUSA required a police report in order to send out a replacement package. Woman was real nice on the phone- no hassle! The report took a few days, emailed them a copy and replacement was sent out (same address- I just had UPS change it to the HubI)

Cops were ok about the situation- you're the victim here! My stolen order was for 500 9mm and 200 .38

Good luck!

definitely do post a sign on the porch for thieves to ring your doorbell before they boost your unattended packages. good luck crime dog. [pot] [laugh]
I’d like the think the person who opened the box will end up getting caught without their ltc. Probably illegal so a lil slap on the wrist but a loss of my ltc would see m fair :)

Put a couple of bricks in an old Target Sports USA box outside your door.
Patiently wait for the poacher while looking through your peep-hole.

Here's what you'll need:
1 hickory axe handle with leaded end.
6 bottles of water
2 snickers bars
2 adult diapers
1 roll of duct tape.
2 4 foot lengths of manila rope.
1 flashlight
1 shovel.

Here's what you'll need:
6 bottles of water
2 snickers bars
2 adult diapers
1 roll of duct tape.
1 flashlight
1 shovel.
can't shoot 'em...no ammo! [laugh]

In all honesty, I'm not shy. I'd pound on every door with visibility of your door and in a pissed off voice say "Where's my box?"
Look them directly in the eyes and listen to the voice, not necessarily the reply.
If their eyes toggle back and forth... hit him.

I made my kids watch that video when they were teens. Told them I had their backs and the worst thing they could do is talk to law enforcement. If the cops got angry or intimidating tell them their Dad taught them to do this. Put it on me.

One client lost his ltc because he called me before reporting his gun stolen.

Another lost his FID because his stolen shotgun was not trigger locked.

View: https://youtu.be/d-7o9xYp7eE

Just wanted some opinions on what I should be doing for a stolen ammo delivery from my condo.
Ups confirmed they left it inside the locked building and was 40 minutes before I got back home.

I wanted to call the local pd but was going to wait and see if someone accidentally took the package without realizing it. If the person stole it they would be illegally in possession if they did not have an Ltc.
Any ideas? Don’t worry the shipment had insurance :)
Just deal with UPS and the shipper and be done with it.

Here's what you'll need:
6 bottles of water
2 snickers bars
2 adult diapers
1 roll of duct tape.
1 flashlight
1 shovel.

Duh! You forgot the vanilla pudding. [rolleyes]

[smile]

Thought I had an ammo package stolen once with fedex. Got an email it had been delivered while I was out. Came home an hour later no package. Looked all around in case they left it at another door, still no package. Called fedex they said they would check with the driver to see exactly where he left it. About an hour later I heard a vehicle outside. Went out and the package was there. Called fedex to say the package was now delivered, they said there had been a system error that caused delivery notifications to be sent out in error earlier in the day to some people. Didn’t sound right but I was just happy to get the package and not have to report it to the police.

In MA i would rather have a root canal than reporting it to the police, unless I knew someone on the inside I could trust. Otherwise there's a lot at risk, and I don't mean the stupid plastic card, either.

"Don't shit where you eat, kids."

Thought I had an ammo package stolen once with fedex. Got an email it had been delivered while I was out. Came home an hour later no package. Looked all around in case they left it at another door, still no package. Called fedex they said they would check with the driver to see exactly where he left it. About an hour later I heard a vehicle outside. Went out and the package was there. Called fedex to say the package was now delivered, they said there had been a system error that caused delivery notifications to be sent out in error earlier in the day to some people. Didn’t sound right but I was just happy to get the package and not have to report it to the police.

I had a fedex driver who would mark all packages for my street delivered at the beginning of the street. So I learned that a "delivered" notice meant that it was coming soon. Ha.

I had a fedex driver who would mark all packages for my street delivered at the beginning of the street. So I learned that a "delivered" notice meant that it was coming soon. Ha.
I am not sure they can still "get away" with that anymore. The handsets have GPS and If they try and "deliver" with the address and GPS location not matching, they get a warning. I am told by one of my drivers that if they deliver with a mismatch and it is reported missing, THEY are on the hook for improper delivery, ultimately resulting in loss of job. Similar for UPS.

I do like the efficiency of your former driver though.

UPS is waving signature on signature required packages. The still require the driver to see the recipient and get an ack that the person is accepting the package, but no longer collect documentary proof. At least Amazon photos the package on the doostep - when their delivery person feels like it, that is.

This is what I'd do. You never possessed "package", so you never "owned" it. It wasn't yours until you picked it up.
Under FOB, as well as may suppliers terms (ready the Chewy terms carefully) title to the product passes to the buyer at the time of delivery to the common carrier.

life really was better before the internet and tracking. you could keep the packages and no one was the wiser. many a night i snacked on mis-delivered harry and davids gift baskets.

definitely do post a sign on the porch for thieves to ring your doorbell before they boost your unattended packages. good luck crime dog. [pot] [laugh]
BlueIris video software can be configured to send email, text or both with optional inclusion of a still image or video. Works great.

Leaving the pkg inside an apartment complex or condo unit with multiple inside entrances is considered an "UNSAFE" delivery by ups. (how do I know, I worked for them for 42 yrs.) Call the people you ordered it form and let them deal with UPS. UPS should pay the shipper, because THEY left the pkg, and shipper should reship you your item.... Let them know the type of building you live in, and in the future Id have deliveries require a a signature.

[rofl2] Not sure if you're serious, I've had heaps of stuff just left on my doorstep when a signature was required.

If I had to name one job where Taylorism is still in play, it would be UPS. If published articles are correct, they even have a policy as to which foot steps into the package car first for efficiency. I think UPS drivers balance the risk of not following the signature policy against the risk of their delivery metrics being reduced by the time they spent waiting for the signers. I was actually surprised the day the local UPS driver took time to introduce himself to my dog and give him a quick rub.

Back
Top Bottom