Sticky situation

The husband likes his guns more then his wife.

Wife must go.

Guns must stay.

To give your GF the husbands guns is theft and will lead to a less than optimal outcome.

Either hes actually dangerous and now your gf has his gun (and he beats that info out of her), or hes not and your gf has a stolen gun he reports to the cops.

We cant judge from here if its a crazy chick or a chick in an abusive relationship. To the comment as to she would just leave in the ladder case... um no. Battered women are often not able to do so.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks! The advice given was what I was telling her, I'm just getting confirmation.

Also, not knowing her or you just make sure that she follows the advice, and doesn't involve herself in their issue in some other way. It could easily come back on you both in the same way. I know my wife has a habit of listening, saying "Yeah that makes sense" and then doing the dumbass thing anyway.

I see only 1 possible thing your GF can do to help, but only if she's on speaking terms with the guy. She can advise him that since things are getting bad, having a licensed friend hold his gun till things calm down is what she always hears is the wise thing to do. She can take the posture that she's looking out for his interests.

Last edited:
Do not, you or GF, get involved in the middle of your friends domestic.
Do not, you or GF, get anywhere near the gun.
The husband would get seriously pissed and you and GF are in possession of his stolen handgun.
Counsel the friend to talk to a lawyer, consider 209A and for her to get out.

Do not, you or GF, get involved in the middle of your friends domestic.
Do not, you or GF, get anywhere near the gun.
The husband would get seriously pissed and you and GF are in possession of his stolen handgun.
Counsel the friend to talk to a lawyer, consider 209A and for her to get out.

Wow, really ?

if a person is out to do harm to someone, a 209A (piece of paper) isn't going to stop him/her.

Last edited:
A 209A = Insta-Screw for the guy, even if he has done nothing.

We don't know what is goin on behind closed doors - is he cheating on her and she looking for payback or vice versa? Are either or both on drugs? Is the gun legal (registered/he licensed/correct magazines)?

Maybe find out some info - discretely?

Other than that - leave this alone.

My girlfriends
Is she hot?
best friend
Is she hot?
just texted her, saying that she doesn't feel safe and wants my girlfriend to take possession of her husbands handgun.
Why does your girlfriend have a husband? Did you know about him when you started dating? Did you know he had a handgun when you started dating?
I'm at a loss for what to do. I told her that I'm worried he would report it stolen and charge my girlfriend. And I'm not even sure on the legalities of taking possession in such a situation. What should I tell her?

As others have written, you and your girlfriend should stay out of this situation.

Tell your girlfriend to respond that she can't take a gun that doesn't belong to her. Do not offer any advice. If asked for advice, respond "I don't know"

As much as you want to help,because the job of a good friend is to help. DON'T!! The husband might KILL you.

Not advocating this path, but technically, since the friend is married, isn't the firearm marital property? Isn't the wife authorized by law to deal with it as she sees fit? Beyond the ltc requirements, how is it different than a ps4, a set of golf clubs, or a vehicle?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

no good deed goes un punished ! If your girlfriends friend has not left yet she has issues. In the end push come to shove your GF's Friend will turn on your GF in the end and you your GF will be holding onto a stolen gun

You sound like a poor, old, pitiful unattractive woman hater.

Show some respect, these folks are giving good advice gained through experience. No need to personally attack other members. Going out on a limb here but I'd guess you haven't lived that long.

Not advocating this path, but technically, since the friend is married, isn't the firearm marital property? Isn't the wife authorized by law to deal with it as she sees fit? Beyond the ltc requirements, how is it different than a ps4, a set of golf clubs, or a vehicle?

That's actually a good question. Assuming the wife has an LTC. I didn't read the entire thread.

OP: Run. Don't walk. Run away from this situation.

Your girlfriends "friend" asking her to steal her husbands firearm(s) is a HUGE Red flag. At first glance my advise for your girlfriend is RUN.

Last edited:
My girlfriends best friend just texted her, saying that she doesn't feel safe and wants my girlfriend to take possession of her husbands handgun. I'm at a loss for what to do. I told her that I'm worried he would report it stolen and charge my girlfriend. And I'm not even sure on the legalities of taking possession in such a situation. What should I tell her?

Getting involved in someone's relationship is perilous at best. Don't do it.

That said, if the friend doesn't feel safe, she should get out. She should go to her Mother's or Sister's or a hotel, or something, but she should not stay.

As we say all the time, objects aren't the danger, it is the person. Why would you remove one of many possible tools that could used for harm and then stay with the intent? You remove yourself from the intent and then the tools don't matter.

That is the only advice I would give. Don't stay where you don't feel safe.

NEVER, and I repeat Never get between lovers or brothers or sisters business. When the smoke clears and they all make up you will be the one who is left holding a bag of poo.

12XMGIWtrHBl5e.gif

the operative words are 'beyond the LTC requirement' and massprudence. Because gunz

I see you have three options to come out of this a winner:

1) Stay out of it, as others have said
2) Contact husband and tell him he's about to get EFFED, and offer a decent price for handgun ($200 for a Glock or $250 for a 1911 is better than confiscated and nothing)
3) Take the true NES approach
a) Bang Friend
b) Throw gun on roof
c) Leave upper decker

At a glance, between the title and the "girlfriends friend" I was hoping for a much different sticky situation. I was disappointed.

I see you have three options to come out of this a winner:

1) Stay out of it, as others have said
2) Contact husband and tell him he's about to get EFFED, and offer a decent price for handgun ($200 for a Glock or $250 for a 1911 is better than confiscated and nothing)
3) Take the true NES approach
a) Bang Friend
b) Throw gun on roof
c) Leave upper decker

It took 6 pages for someone to post this? [laugh2]

no good deed goes un punished ! If your girlfriends friend has not left yet she has issues. In the end push come to shove your GF's Friend will turn on your GF in the end and you your GF will be holding onto a stolen gun

This right here. How many times has someone jumped in to stop someone beating his wife/gf/baby mamma and found the woman who was being beaten jumping on his back and hitting him from behind.

She will probably stay with him in the end, stupid as it is. When this happens she will flip the whole thing on your girlfriend to avoid her looking guilty. You guys will be blamed as "She talked me into it, said you shouldn't have the gun or I would not be safe, I was only doing what she told me" and you wind up with stolen property and the person who you were trying to help as witness number one against you.

Don't get involved in anyone else's marriage. Ever.
This. You'll end up on the front page of the Herald
And you'll likely get a second mention in the Herald as well (like somewhere around page 35 or 40 - in the section titled "Obituaries").
There's really only one time when you should ever get involved between married couples, lovers, etc etc...and that time is NEVER.

Just sayin'

If the woman feels in danger then she seriously needs to rethink her life choices. I am not equating how getting rid of a gun equates to being safe. Does she seriously think that if the gun is gone that she is safe? Last I knew it was not guns that kill people.

Back
Top Bottom