• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I know there's a sticky: but hypothetically ...

I know there's a sticky on moving into Massachusetts. There is a chance I'll move back for a few years, before we retire to our forever home.

Hypothetically, Say you were moving from a free state, what would you buy just to bring into Massachusetts? I could get a few years of use and then sell to leave in state when I move to another free state...

I know there's a sticky on moving into Massachusetts. There is a chance I'll move back for a few years, before we retire to our forever home.

Hypothetically, Say you were moving from a free state, what would you buy just to bring into Massachusetts? I could get a few years of use and then sell to leave in state when I move to another free state...

1. Look on the roster.
2. Buy everything on there.
3. Bring them here and enjoy them.
4. Leave them here when you depart.

Pull out all the stops and don't do it.

Mom's sick and my wife's corp. offices are in Waltham (where I grew up). Looking for them to transfer until mom passes. I fly for work every other week, mostly to the northeast. This could put me in a position to better help
That sucks but at least it's for family. That said i would either ignore the stupid laws or alternatively put most of my stuff into remote non MA storage until i got out again. Selling stuff or f***ing my guns up for the sake of C0mPlyiance is not something id do anymore. The AWB ruins a lot of guns. I can't reduce myself to that any longer. I have one haxored c0mplyiant gun and that's bad enough as it is. 🤣

That's the absolute least of his worries.

The worst part would be that he has to reprogram himself into institutionally regarding garbage like safe storage as actually being something that you kinda need to obey. That shit is basically a constant reminder of imprisonment "oh you have to lock this up all the time because the state considers it evil, even if there are no toddlers in your house" etc. Euch.

That's the absolute least of his worries.

The worst part would be that he has to reprogram himself into institutionally regarding garbage like safe storage as actually being something that you kinda need to obey. That shit is basically a constant reminder of imprisonment "oh you have to lock this up all the time because the state considers it evil, even if there are no toddlers in your house" etc. Euch.
I forgot I had a pistol in my console and didn’t poop myself the other night.

Be aware the dem controlled states like to change laws and are never satisfied, so what might be legal now may not be next year. Going through that in CT, my 80% builds that were legal for over 4 years since the last restriction now require registration, the "others" will now need awb declaration and another registration. My response was to buy a house in WV, and I'll be there permanently before the 5/1 bs gets put into play, or at least the affected firearms will be. I told the wife it was either another house or a defense fund...

right? My 3913 is sitting on the kitchen island since I took it off last night at diner time. Thank goodness it hasn't gone off on it's own

Are you kidding? An unsecured firearm overnight?

I bet that thing has killed fifteen kids and destroyed a hospital since you posted that. Madness!

I would not bring anything and once you're here buy one or two roster pistols and one rifle from whatever silly AWB compliant crap is still legal once the new law passes. And live with that till you can escape back to freedom. Were I to move here again that is what I would do, that way you only have those guns registered to you in the state and you won't lose anything nice if they get taken for one reason or another. I'm in the opposite position, moving back home (NC) where the healthcare is better for my GF and where I can be close to my dad who has some health problems now.

I would not bring anything here with intentions of selling or leaving it here. Odds are you wont be able to sell it.

I would NOT move here. NH is best for now.

right? My 3913 is sitting on the kitchen island since I took it off last night at diner time. Thank goodness it hasn't gone off on it's own
I once left a 1911 on the kitchen table for a week and a half and the damn thing did absolutely nothing !!!!

Best to get it in FAST before the Supremes finally post a "ARE YOU NOT LISTENING" message and the pistol bans and AWB's all die nation-wide. Yes, it is going to happen. YEs, I wish it was faster. But if you're looking to profit, best hurry up.

Oh, and that lame new Commonwealth law they're getting ready to finalize may F up your plans.

I'm amazed when I see these types of posts.

MA is a TINY state. Living in NH/ME and driving to MA isnt really yhat big of a deal if you have some time to actually locate yourself well.

One thing moving out of New England has taught me is how big the rest of the country is. Collier County here in FL is if I remember correctly larger than the state of RI.

For such a tiny state with reasonable options JUST north I'll never get how people sacrifice liberty just to limit a commute.

We're softies.

Back
Top Bottom