• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sticky situation

My girlfriends best friend just texted her, saying that she doesn't feel safe and wants my girlfriend to take possession of her husbands handgun. I'm at a loss for what to do. I told her that I'm worried he would report it stolen and charge my girlfriend. And I'm not even sure on the legalities of taking possession in such a situation. What should I tell her?

there's a 209a coming. don't be swept up in it. tell the girl to come stay with you if she doesn't feel safe. She may need comforting. Profit? [wink]

EDIT: Do not under any circumstances take possession of that firearm unless it is from it's OWNER.

MA doesn't encourage self help. If she's really feeling unsafe, strongly suggest she leave.

Last edited:
1c6973e7cf7fa59cbfcda05c99fd1a400c46e42b5dba8458159403ac8fc45462.jpg

Safe to assume your girl is licensed to possess? Man I would want to be mighty sure of a whole bunch of details before I got involved in other peoples private affairs...

Boyfriend is about to get ****ed, whether he's in the right or the wrong. Keep yourself out of it, keep your girlfriend out of it. If her "friend" wants to commit a felony by stealing his firearm (or two, or three, or more depending on whether the friend is licensed and what she does with the firearm after stealing it) so be it.

probably best to steer clear. But if you must, perhaps separating the ammo from the firearm, or the magazines for that matter could derail a bad situation.good luck be careful.

Stay clear...taking possesion is stealing..i would not react well to someone stealing my guns while dealing with some chick who is probibly full of shit...if she had real fear she would
A Leave the situation
or
B go to the police

i always hear but where would she go? She has no money...or but the kids..
to me this is just the excuses of a weak manipulative person that because the have a vagina that they are somhow "the victim" and want to play the im just a girl card then abuse the courts.

We're either equal or were not.

Not even close! Stay away from the whole situation. You should not have even needed to have any doubt about such a thing to have asked.

Stay clear...taking possesion is stealing..i would not react well to some stealing my guns while dealing with some chick who is probibly full of shit...if she had real fear she would
A Leave the situation
or
B go to the police

to me this is just the excuses of a weak manipulative person that because the have a vagina that they are somhow "the victim" and want to play the im just a girl card then abuse the courts.

Amen.

While it sounds harsh, its just the world as i see it.
Most the time with these domistic violence cases its just two shitheads that love beating up on eachother..and the guy while IMO isnt even a man, gets the shaft.

So to diffuse a situation she wants to hide his guns? Legality aside, it sounds like a guarantee that he's going to blow up as soon as he finds out.

So to diffuse a situation she wants to hide his guns? Legality aside, it sounds like a guarantee that he's going to blow up as soon as he finds out.

Hopefully he keeps them locked up or on his person..but for all we know he might not even know the trouble headed his way.she could grab it while he's in the shower and take off.

While i carry regularly.. i dont while in the shower. My tinfoil isnt that tight.

Is she also going to ask you to take his car in case he tries to use it to run her over?

If it is HIS gun she has no right to give it to anyone else. Run far away.

Stay clear...taking possesion is stealing..i would not react well to someone stealing my guns while dealing with some chick who is probibly full of shit...if she had real fear she would
A Leave the situation
or
B go to the police

You sound like a poor, old, pitiful unattractive woman hater.

Back
Top Bottom