• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Handgun trigger has gotten a bit "sticky" after the first range trip + cleaning

johngalt2

NES Member
The gun is a Walther PDP. Pretty new. Just one range trip and subsequent cleaning.

Not sure how to describe this. At first, it felt gritty. I found out that you are supposed to keep lubricants etc. out of the striker channel. So, I took the striker assembly out and cleaned it up.

The grittiness seems to have resolved, but the trigger now feels "sticky" (not smooth like when it was new). Is there anything I can do to go back to the clean, smooth break like it used to be? Other than getting a better trigger (or getting a 1911 :)).

So, I took the striker assembly out and cleaned it up.

Cleaned with what ?

Pull the striker out again. Double check the channel and the striker spring.

If really new gun, putting more rounds through it may make the problems go away eventually.

Stop cleaning so much ;-)

This firearm is defective and must be submitted for destruction please contact me and I’ll arrange to pick it and dispose of it for you.

Cleaned with what ?
Well, since I was cleaning out any lubrication that might have gotten in there, I mostly just wiped it clean.

Pull the striker out again. Double check the channel and the striker spring.
Check what? That it is clean and lubricant free?

If really new gun, putting more rounds through it may make the problems go away eventually.
BTW - if you are not supposed to get any lubrication into the striker assembly, are you supposed to just run it dry? That seems counterintuitive to me.

Well, since I was cleaning out any lubrication that might have gotten in there, I mostly just wiped it clean.

Check what? That it is clean and lubricant free?

BTW - if you are not supposed to get any lubrication into the striker assembly, are you supposed to just run it dry? That seems counterintuitive to me.
Graphite maybe?

Back
Top Bottom