• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

State Capitol Demonstration Megathread with Pics

Will you Attend/Which State

• Total voters
Got it : http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...on-governor/RAdC20pc3I62Rqe3x4aghK/story.html

"Mike C. Follo, 38, a gun owner for most of his life, started hunting at the age of 12. He is the lead firearms instructor at Down Zero Training, a firearms school based in Shrewsbury.

‘Now is our time to stand, for our future and for future generations.’

Quote Icon

“Now is our time to stand, for our future and for future generations,” he said, drawing applause from the crowd.

Follo said the tragic school shooting at Newtown, Conn., has caused a backlash against gun ownership that is unwarranted.

“It’s time when the infringement . . . [is] getting to a level where we have to stand up now, there is no more sitting on the sidelines and hoping for someone else to stand up for you. There was a tragic event that happened, two events, and it triggers a big backlash against law-abiding people. They try to take my gun every time somebody does something stupid with a gun.”

Follo said the school’s enrollment has dramatically increased recently.

“People want to get things before they are banned,” he said."

The Linsky spin at the end was pretty crappy...

“I honestly believe there’s not one or even a small number of solutions to reducing gun violence,” Linsky said in a phone interview Saturday. “I accept the fact that we’re going to have guns in society.”

His proposal would give law enforcement more discretion to approve or deny gun licenses and he is pushing for a requirement that military-style weapons be stored at gun clubs or shooting ranges.

“The strong majority of people in the Commonwealth are in favor of more gun control. Only about 8 percent of the [state’s] population are licensed gun owners,” he said. “The people at the rally and those sending me angry e-mails from all over the state aren’t representative of the people across the state or country or most of the licensed gun owners. They aren’t offering solutions, they are knee-jerk opposition.”

Ross Schacher, director at-large of the Northborough-based Gun Owners’ Action League, which counts its members at about 14,000, said Patrick’s and Linsky’s proposals “very simply will not work.”

You're kidding, right?
And in the spirit of building bridges wherever we can, I would like all those who issued snarky recrminations prior, wherever they fell on the spectrum of serious to not, to recognize that BPD was extremely supportive, professional and hellpful at every stage of the proess.

No one got frisked, stomped, or treated any differently than anyone else despite them knowing full well there would be people carrying there (because I specifically asked about any areas there that prohibited CCW). I was greeted with nothing but handshakes and smiles.

There are a lot of problems in our government from top to bottom, I will be the first to point that out, but we need to take care to not presume or judge based on the wrapper however deep it may be from uniform, to skin.

Last edited:
The Linsky spin at the end was pretty crappy...
Beyond crappy, it was disgusting. The people of Natick should be ashamed that they have a man like that speaking for them and do everything in their power to ensure that he never wins another election.

They should write, call and meet with him as often as they can to express their outrage that he would accept institutional discrimination based on the proportion of the electorate any group demanding respect for their civil rights represented.

What is his line? Is it ok to discriminate against any group below 10%? Do you have to have a majority to deserve protection of your civil rights?

If anyone wants to call http://www.cityviewtrolleys.com/ and let them know about the driver of bus 114 pulling over at 1PM to unprofessionally share his political opinion over the loudspeaker....the management might be interested....617 363 7899

I submitted an online complaint.
Non-professional behavior should not be tolerated in any business.

upepede3.jpg

I said it on FB and I'll say it here. Some of the best speeches I've heard from gun owners are from those who have come here from countries that have had their rights taken away. If the people of the United States can't learn from them and truly wake up, then we really are as lazy as we're made out to be.

And in the spirit of building bridges wherever we can, I would like all those who issued snarky recrminations prior, wherever they fell on the spectrum of serious to not, to recognize that BPD was extremely supportive, professional and hellpful at every stage of the proess.

No one got frisked, stomped, or treated any differently than anyone else despite them knowing full well there would be people carrying there (because I specifically asked about any areas there that prohibited CCW). I was greeted with nothing but handshakes and smiles.

There are a lot of problems in our government from top to bottom, I will be the first to point that out, but we need to take care to not presume or judge based on the wrapper however deep it may be from uniform, to skin.

THIS. Boston PD did an awesome job accomodating. Extremely professional and courteous.

They do a lot of this and they handle it very well. Just about every day there is a protest of some sort in Boston. Most of the groups are not nearly as polite as we were. Many of them have lawyers there and try to goad the police into over reacting. They also spend a lot of time videoing the police in hopes of catching some action they can sue over. As a result, the police spend a lot of time training to handle these events.

They do a lot of this and they handle it very well. Just about every day there is a protest of some sort in Boston. Most of the groups are not nearly as polite as we were. Many of them have lawyers there and try to goad the police into over reacting. They also spend a lot of time videoing the police in hopes of catching some action they can sue over. As a result, the police spend a lot of time training to handle these events.
Yes, this is why I am concerned about the 2/8 rally.

I was very happy to see the amount of people that were there. After the disappointment that was the Washington DC rally a few years ago, I wasn't sure there was going to be very many people there. It was really heartwarming. As usual, everyone was nice and well behaved and I didn't witness a speck of trash on the ground as we drove past the site after most everyone was gone.

The cops were awesome, we were hanging out by a couple of them for a long time, and they were supportive although not overtly so since they were on the job. There was an off-duty officer there as well who was also supportive.

Here's my album from the rally. I posted it earlier in the wrong thread.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88119443@N00/sets/72157632569276985/

A couple favorites:

8399514249_cf2f2c9fa5_c.jpg

8400815716_e96d940fd3.jpg
8400572452_4c4ee37059.jpg

8400766622_5b36a8b5c0_c.jpg

8399544267_cd3769a1b1_c.jpg

8400790626_5d935dfbe8_c.jpg

8399685465_274859b37a_c.jpg

8400798798_8ccdec5a4c_c.jpg

8400830600_5b4f96ee2e_c.jpg

8400648718_0c771839e2_c.jpg

z0mbi, like always your Lightroom skill is awesome. Great pics! I know I'll catch crap for this but that democrat woman with that sign really speaks to the moonbats. I wonder if they ask themselves, "Wait what? WTF? " I'm proud to be a gun owner but the fight is not over yet.

I thought the rally went fantastically. I had really low expectations of the media coverage--I basically didn't think the rally would get any! I think the other state house protests across the country really helped push the local media outlets to cover it since their affiliates across the country were covering it too.

What you have to understand is there are protests all the time: free Tibet, Chinese Democracy, stop the war, stop the fed, all sorts of religious topics. So while it may seem like a big deal to us as a group, it's actually a very common occurrence to stand in front of the state house and complain.

For the future: Ideally rallies would happen in multiple locations nationwide to maximize media coverage. For Mass, a change of venue might help keep it fresh. Meeting at the Lexington or Concord green would certainly strike a chord nationally.

I thought the rally went fantastically. I had really low expectations of the media coverage--I basically didn't think the rally would get any! I think the other state house protests across the country really helped push the local media outlets to cover it since their affiliates across the country were covering it too.

What you have to understand is there are protests all the time: free Tibet, Chinese Democracy, stop the war, stop the fed, all sorts of religious topics. So while it may seem like a big deal to us as a group, it's actually a very common occurrence to stand in front of the state house and complain.

For the future: Ideally rallies would happen in multiple locations nationwide to maximize media coverage. For Mass, a change of venue might help keep it fresh. Meeting at the Lexington or Concord green would certainly strike a chord nationally.
er, ah, um, this was a nationwide rally. [wink]

There were corresponding, simultaneous "Guns Across America" rallies all over the country.

I agree though, we should mix it up and everyone who participated learned something for next time. The media and the left have been playing this game for a long time as we sat back and assumed cooler heads would eventually prevail, but we are coming to understand we are getting rolled.

er, ah, um, this was a nationwide rally. [wink]

There were corresponding, simultaneous "Guns Across America" rallies all over the country.

I agree though, we should mix it up and everyone who participated learned something for next time. The media and the left have been playing this game for a long time as we sat back and assumed cooler heads would eventually prevail, but we are coming to understand we are getting rolled.

yup. re-read what i wrote i mentioned that. [wink]

what i'm saying is FOR THE FUTURE this would continue. in other threads people have been throwing out dates like more people will come next time and we'll get more coverage. but I'm really concerned that the next event will be less people and zero coverage if it's not another national event.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom