State Capitol Demonstration Megathread with Pics

Will you Attend/Which State

• Total voters
Call me crazy, and I know it was slightly harder to hear us in the back, but of all the youtube clips, I found the bullhorns to have actually helped us sound better. A soundsystem would have been great, but I think the bullhorn lends a certain air of passion and intensity that just wouldn't have came out in a PA system.

Everyone please rep the hell out of Boris and the other Russian gentleman whose name escapes me. Those bullhorns (and the fact that the BPD didn't get pissed about them), really helped promote the atmosphere of revolution we were looking for.

Apparently they had a good turnout in RI too, just found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBu-9ixYXSo

http://news.providencejournal.com/breaking-news/2013/01/gun-advocates-rally-at-state-house.html

They had a sound system, but the guy talking is SCREAMING and acting like a lunatic.

And in the spirit of building bridges wherever we can, I would like all those who issued snarky recriminations prior, wherever they fell on the spectrum of serious to not, to recognize that BPD was extremely supportive, professional and helpful at every stage of the process.

No one got frisked, stomped, or treated any differently than anyone else despite them knowing full well there would be people carrying there (because I specifically asked about any areas there that prohibited CCW). I was greeted with nothing but handshakes and smiles.

There are a lot of problems in our government from top to bottom, I will be the first to point that out, but we need to take care to not presume or judge based on the wrapper however deep it may be from uniform, to skin.

"You're kidding" was an observation that a large percentage of the crowd was most likely carrying, nothing else!

I certainly noticed that the LE was polite and helpful, not intolerant or rude. I couldn't but notice as the first speaker related his history, that no tanks were lined up to roll over us.

In curiosity I took a peek at the Mass Cops website and wasn't surprised to find a thread thread there about the event and it was overwhelmingly positive.

It also did not escape me that many of the impromptu speakers were Marines or LE themselves.

The scope of their mission is simply different from ours as we are only responsible for ourselves and our families.

THIS is one area where we are all in this together, whether we realize it or not.

Call me crazy, and I know it was slightly harder to hear us in the back, but of all the youtube clips, I found the bullhorns to have actually helped us sound better. A soundsystem would have been great, but I think the bullhorn lends a certain air of passion and intensity that just wouldn't have came out in a PA system.

If you're off the main line of the bullhorn, you couldn't hear a thing in the crowd. We were about thirty yards from the speakers off to one side, and they were completely unintelligible. I heard something about "Type 56" and a lot of laughs at one point though. [grin]

One gentleman nearby remarked there was a technique to using a bullhorn that swept the crowd, and noted the speakers weren't using it.
Not meant as a dig - I don't think any of us are up to speed on this whole "protesting" thing. Guess we're forty years behind the curve and have to learn fast.

(edit - if I had to choose between a really nice youtube effect and being able to hear in the crowd, I would pick the former every time.)

Maybe I caught you in one of mine too. The Pano posted in the thread by Blueskyguy shows that there were far more than the 'few hundred' reported.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/187875-Boston-rally-pics

I shot a pano just before noon and posted to facebook to show we had a good turnout, then after the speeches I turned around and said holy shit! and got up there and shot another with like 2x the people in it. in that larger version you can see the people stretching down the street to the left and right on both sides of the street.

Here's a link to the FULL res version of the photo (4MB) in case anyone wants it.

here's another that I liked, had to borrow a friends camera because the reaction time of the iPhone couldn't get it done...should have brought my Nikon [frown]

2A-rally3.jpg

tx, my only good shot of the day unfortunately. I should have brought real photo equipment but the iPhone pano mode got the job done for the crowd shots at least [wink]. I just uploaded the full res version right out of the phone in case anyone really wants to zoom in on things to see who's printing or read some signs or whatever [laugh]

2A-rally1_sm.jpg

link to the full res version out of the iPhone...4MB

RE: using a sound system

it was mentioned way back in this thread somewhere that any sound system would require a permit. so the megaphones were a bit of a compromise, technically requiring a permit but not so loud they'd carry blocks away

next time a sound system would be great though. could rent one or I'm sure people could bring little Honda generators to help out

RE: using a sound system

it was mentioned way back in this thread somewhere that any sound system would require a permit. so the megaphones were a bit of a compromise, technically requiring a permit but not so loud they'd carry blocks away

next time a sound system would be great though. could rent one or I'm sure people could bring little Honda generators to help out
Yes, amplified sound requires a permit. We were specifically given the "go-ahead" on the day from Captiain Lee for the megaphones, but they would fall under "amplified sound" and are specifically mentioned in the noise pollution regs in question.

Unfortunately, we did not know this when we first spoke with BPD and Captain Lee specifically mentioned that he too forgot to mention it in response to our inquiry. Once we realized it was needed, I attempted to contact the correct person in Transportation, but he leaves at 4pm and was already gone for the day on Friday.

I cautioned against their use prior to the event for lack of a permit which is why we did not have anything arranged.

does anyone know where i can find the actually img file for the poster that had the patriot with an AR-15 over the constitution?

Pics of this sign are going viral. I opened up my FB News Feed tonight to find friends from all over the US were sharing it. 8,580 shares as of the timing of this post.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...50149448.49600.194105303992436&type=1&theater

A guy I served with shared it from a different source as well. I also just looked up my picture on google image search, and it really is viral. It's being shared on forums and facebook pages all over. Heh, nifty.

What I really want to know is the aftermath of the Executive Orders, the state legislation, the pro-2a rallies;

Gun Sales?
Gun Associations Memberships?
Basic Safety Course applicants?

So on and so forth....

I mean there are people that are taking time off to partake, giving away karmas (gift cards, memberships and shit a freaking 1911...). IS THIS MAKING A DENT!??!?!?

"You're kidding" was an observation that a large percentage of the crowd was most likely carrying, nothing else!

I certainly noticed that the LE was polite and helpful, not intolerant or rude. I couldn't but notice as the first speaker related his history, that no tanks were lined up to roll over us.

In curiosity I took a peek at the Mass Cops website and wasn't surprised to find a thread thread there about the event and it was overwhelmingly positive.

It also did not escape me that many of the impromptu speakers were Marines or LE themselves.

The scope of their mission is simply different from ours as we are only responsible for ourselves and our families.

THIS is one area where we are all in this together, whether we realize it or not.

Can you link this please? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom