• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

State Capitol Demonstration Megathread with Pics

Will you Attend/Which State

• Total voters
At the texas rally: assault flag

6nLvbCNh.jpg

I like that they noticed that the area was clean - PennyPincher brought some bags and a few of us canvased the crowd to get all of the litter up.

Not that the effort will make the news but it may buy some good faith with the local LEOs

Every effort to make a good impression is well worth it. Don't give them anything to report on. If they don't want to give us positive press that is their choice. Giving them a reason to spread negative press is up to us.

Every effort to make a good impression is well worth it. Don't give them anything to report on. If they don't want to give us positive press that is their choice. Giving them a reason to spread negative press is up to us.
So true! Shiver, Loki and I noticed that the LEOs started bugging out on their bicycles, etc as soon as we were out of the street. They clearly had ZERO concern that we would become any kind of menace to society... I liked that. [grin]

So true! Shiver, Loki and I noticed that the LEOs started bugging out on their bicycles, etc as soon as we were out of the street. They clearly had ZERO concern that we would become any kind of menace to society... I liked that. [grin]

This! It felt good to see them take off and not worry!

This was a good, organic ( if you'll pardon the term) gathering.

Next time we should have a bit more organization: Dedicated still photographer(s) and videographers.

If there are "scheduled" speakers, copies of their addresses should be available for the people in the Cheap Seats, and in the media. If not on paper, then online. If there are people who are Moved by the Spirit (so to speak), who they are and why they chose to speak should be noted.

Some of the more eloquent and willing speakers should be "made available" to the Press.

Please note- the above is NOT a slam at the organizers of the Saturday rally, just tweaks for the future.

This was a good, organic ( if you'll pardon the term) gathering.

Next time we should have a bit more organization: Dedicated still photographer(s) and videographers.

If there are "scheduled" speakers, copies of their addresses should be available for the people in the Cheap Seats, and in the media. If not on paper, then online. If there are people who are Moved by the Spirit (so to speak), who they are and why they chose to speak should be noted.

Some of the more eloquent and willing speakers should be "made available" to the Press.

Please note- the above is NOT a slam at the organizers of the Saturday rally, just tweaks for the future.
Yes, we all learned a lot, and worked with the time that we had.

As for this weekend, please understand that a rally and attending someone else's to oppose their message are two very different thing. Obviously, they will control the speakers.

Control the speakers...I think I ended up doing that....kinda ok....agreed though, lessons learned.

Yes, we all learned a lot, and worked with the time that we had.

As for this weekend, please understand that a rally and attending someone else's to oppose their message are two very different thing. Obviously, they will control the speakers.

FYI, we have inspired more than a few of our brothers and sisters in NY. I have some friends/family there that are fired up and inspired by our rally and have been very vocal in some public hearings on the new anti-self defense laws.

Keep it up. Don't give up the ship.

Last edited:
FYI, we have inspired more than a few of our brothers and sisters in NY. I have some friends/family there that are fired up and inspired by our rally and have been very vocal in some public hearings on the new anti-self defense laws.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Anything worth saying once is worth saying three times.. [laugh]

I'm not sure why that happens

Someone from Texas posted a pic from their rally, sadly this would be illegal here . (pmag)

merica.jpg

The crazy thing is, our rally had as many people as theirs.
That just proves what a great website NES is for getting the word out. If we keep it up we can take back our rights rather than worrying about losing more.

So I feel like resurrecting an old and favorite thread -- anyone down for organizing another rally this February? My thoughts are that the bills will have been either presented or completed by this time - maybe now is the time to get back out there, get loud and get the pro rights conversation going again. If only to remind the world that we haven't gone away.

Thoughts?

I'm in for any and everything. Just tell me when and where and I'll do my best to be there. As for open carry I'd be in so long as we had the OK from local LE or if it were on private property.

There are a few threads about it floating around... Maybe spring will be a good time to do it, with warmer weather.

Premise is this, OCing handguns and running a charity event, BBQ, or something else.

Why? Because even with 1K+ people outside the statehouse, we got almost no media coveage. Just the act of a bunch of people "carrying guns" would get the news there... and then we would have an opportunity to share a carefully constructed statement. We'd need people to all be dressed nicely (we did well with that at the state house) and keep partisan political messages out, and keep it about gun owners being members of the MA community. Gay, straight, men, women, etc.

Mike

There are a few threads about it floating around... Maybe spring will be a good time to do it, with warmer weather.

Premise is this, OCing handguns and running a charity event, BBQ, or something else.

Why? Because even with 1K+ people outside the statehouse, we got almost no media coveage. Just the act of a bunch of people "carrying guns" would get the news there... and then we would have an opportunity to share a carefully constructed statement. We'd need people to all be dressed nicely (we did well with that at the state house) and keep partisan political messages out, and keep it about gun owners being members of the MA community. Gay, straight, men, women, etc.

Mike

I would participate in something like this. I think a food drive for the local food pantry in the area where the event is held would be a good idea.

How about picking a day and 2A activists get out and hold signs or canvass for the nearest pro gun politician.

Think about the impact that would make on Mass GOP. 1-2000 people instantly mobilized to various candidates.

That would send a message to the leaders of the republican party that gun owners, whilst a small minority in the party are an active force.

Back
Top Bottom