State Capitol Demonstration Megathread with Pics

Will you Attend/Which State

• Total voters
While looking at the FB page I found this on the texas site:

602983_254964934633616_767814136_n.jpg

Amazing
awesome!

as another suggestion coming from Coyote33, let's figure out at least a bunch of people who can talk to the media. I'm not taking about electing a king, but there are a bunch of guys here I'd rather see talk. Can we poll, agree on some of these candidates and find them in the crowd?

I can be a warm body in the mass of people, but we need respected guys/gals to step up to a mic, they are of less use being among the crowd than front and center.

as another suggestion coming from Coyote33, let's figure out at least a bunch of people who can talk to the media. I'm not taking about electing a king, but there are a bunch of guys here I'd rather see talk. Can we poll, agree on some of these candidates and find them in the crowd?

I can be a warm body in the mass of people, but we need respected guys/gals to step up to a mic, they are of less use being among the crowd than front and center.

Not just that, but you gotta GUIDE THE MEDIA TO THESE PEOPLE ONLY, as speakers.

You invited the media, right? With times and places where they can come to get their sound bites?

if no one is volunteering, I'm going to put a bunch of guys on the spot, I never met Cekim or Calsdad, but they seem to feed on the same brainway as I. Mike (who called the Patric show) Also, (crap, I totally forgot his name) the guy who spoke at Natick school safety meeting was also really good. At least I know his face, so I can find him in a crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

Not just that, but you gotta GUIDE THE MEDIA TO THESE PEOPLE ONLY, as speakers.

You invited the media, right? With times and places where they can come to get their sound bites?

I didn't myself, but other guys from earlier in the thread sure did and called. Not sure on the status in the moment, but I agree, we need to guide media to them.

Re: Attendance List: State Capitol Demonstration Saturday January 19th @Noon

How so? She would have gotten to where she was going on the back of the bus just the same. Please explain yourself.

O'rly?

Yea she refused to give up her seat ON the bus to a white person. To my knowledge she did not sit in front of any bus.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Could any/all face bookers kindly ask the maintainers of that page to either be clear that there is no march planned or discussed with BPD, unless they have done so outside my contact with them?

I can't stop people from marching, thought I would suggest it is a bad idea, but if there are plans to do so, BPD needs to be informed ASAP. This is disruptive to traffic and unsafe unless precautions are taken, which is why it is a bad idea.

Yeah, people are confusing this with FAPs rally on Feb 8. They intend to march to Fanuel Hall.

Re: Attendance List: State Capitol Demonstration Saturday January 19th @Noon

Just a question for anyone bringing flags... how tall are you making your holders? I grabbed some PVC but need to cut it down and am wondering how long I should make it. I'm thinking 8' because I can stand it on the ground and hold it up to where its just high enough to show a 3x5 flag.

Just a question for anyone bringing flags... how tall are you making your holders? I grabbed some PVC but need to cut it down and am wondering how long I should make it. I'm thinking 8' because I can stand it on the ground and hold it up to where its just high enough to show a 3x5 flag.

I am using a retractable roller pole (painting) because of room constraints on the T

Last edited:
I contacted Derek to see if we can get a list of people to speak. Keep an eye on the OP for updates. If we get a list I will post it so we know who to refer the media to.

I was given a couple of great ideas. After the moment of silence, would everyone be willing to recite the Pledge of Allegiance? At some point in the event would everyone be willing to sign the National Anthem? As far as the anthem we need someone to lead up the signing. Please let me know!

how much does staples charge kinkos wanted 40 bucks

I ended up dropping my fancy color one and am just doing B&W Engineering prints that are text only. With $5 rush processing, it is $13 for two plain 24x36" posters. I'll be gluing them to two pieces of foam core board so that there is a front and back with a stick to hold them up high in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom