• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

State Capitol Demonstration Megathread with Pics

Will you Attend/Which State

• Total voters
wearing my metrosexual pea coat and some comfy slacks, maybe thermal underneath and a winter hat of some sort to keep my dome warm

not shaving off my manly beard though, f that

I will be there in Boston. Black suit, pink shirt, looking sharp as ****.

also- for the cheap asses in regards to parking, remember you can park in the boroughs like in Brighton, and ride the T into the city. I will be riding the T in from Cleveland circle. You can take the B, C, or D line from there, and go straight to Government Center. It's a 30-45 minute ride depending on what line you take (B is the slowest, then the C, then the D which is like a half hour to that stop)

There is public street parking on Comm Ave and in the cleveland circle area. Just don't park in brookline if you plan on leaving your car there overnight.

So it's like $4 on the T and 45 minutes of your time if $25 for a day parking pass is too much.

parking for the garage under the park is 12 bucks split it with the people in your car and thats nothing

its suppose to be 47 in boston with a slight breeze so it won't be cold as balls like today, Thermals are a good idea because we will be standing not doing jumping jacks to keep warm. i would love to wear a winter hat but don't want to appear as a thug in a hat. Coming from work i will already be dressed shirt and tie black pea coat with my NES Lapel Pin proudly displayed

Just reiterating info from previous posts (as people keep asking):

1.) Starts at Noon.
2.) No permit required to assemble per BPD. We do need to keep them apprised of numbers for traffic reasons.
3.) Concealed Carry OK. So long as you are properly licensed to do so. It is a fine of $50 if on the Common but it is not a criminal charge. Thank you for the PM, SERE.
4.) Do NOT open carry
5.) Dress well and look presentable. Don't be the old fat bald creepy dude in a flannel jacket under a ghillie suit with crooked teeth and unkempt beard.
6.) Act appropriately. Do not let anyone goad you into physical aggression.

There may be counter protesters. Whatever they say or do, do not react in a way that escalates the situation. Our image is everything. We need to break the (very wrong) stereotypes associated with gun owners.

Last edited:

1.) Starts at Noon.
2.) No permit required to assemble per BPD. We do need to keep them apprised of numbers for traffic reasons.
3.) Concealed Carry OK. So long as you are properly licensed to do so.
4.) Do NOT open carry
5.) Dress well and look presentable. Don't be the old fat bald creepy dude in a flannel jacket under a ghillie suit with crooked teeth and unkempt beard.

There may be counter protesters. Whatever they say or do, do not react in a way that escalates the situation. Our image is everything. We need to break the (very wrong) stereotypes associated with gun owners.
And I have let them know of our climbing numbers.

Keep your eyes and ears open when you arrive, I understand at these numbers, we won't all fit right up in front of the statehouse. We may have to have some people across the street, but we will have to adapt and overcome. Don't be a sheep and assume because there is someone else in the road that you should walk willy-nilly into the road. The laws of physics still apply and we want everyone to stay safe.

1.) Starts at Noon.
3.) Concealed Carry OK. So long as you are properly licensed to do so.
4.) Do NOT open carry

this is very important people,

The press will be specifically looking for #5's creepy redneck, #6 is important holding a sign and speaking on camera are 2 entirely diff things, there will be key speakers that will be who we should refer all on camera interviews to.

And if I see anybody doing #4 I and i imagine many others will kindly ask you to leave

- - - Updated - - -

I don't care what sidewalk in on, so long as I'm another body taking up space to be seen and heard

I agree i see this spreading to the park side of the street as well which is great we will have both sides of traffic and can come up with clever chants going from one side of the street to the other

And I have let them know of our climbing numbers.

Keep your eyes and ears open when you arrive, I understand at these numbers, we won't all fit right up in front of the statehouse. We may have to have some people across the street, but we will have to adapt and overcome. Don't be a sheep and assume because there is someone else in the road that you should walk willy-nilly into the road. The laws of physics still apply and we want everyone to stay safe.

hopefully like sombody mentioned here yesterday in instances of great numbers sometimes BPD cone off a lane of traffic to allow for the people.

hopefully like sombody mentioned here yesterday in instances of great numbers sometimes BPD cone off a lane of traffic to allow for the people.
Yep, that was me, BPD has been very open, cooperative and supportive and have given every indication they will work with us to keep everyone safe and allow them exercise their rights.

yea lets keep to the plan this doesn't need to turn into a riot

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, that was me, BPD has been very open, cooperative and supportive and have given every indication they will work with us to keep everyone safe and allow them exercise their rights.

lets be sure to thank every BPD officer we see tomorrow will only make us look more proffesional and them more understanding

Yikes no, I was not aware of that. We have not discussed any plans on marching! Ether here that I have seen and more importantly with BPD.

This is going to cause problems...

Where did you read that?

Some of the stuff on the facebook page is running away from the NES script.

Yikes no, I was not aware of that. We have not discussed any plans on marching! Ether here that I have seen and more importantly with BPD.

Where did you read that?
Wait, so we're not burning buildings and smashing windows? If thats the case I'm staying home with a warm cup of java.

Disclaimer: I'm kidding.

Could any/all face bookers kindly ask the maintainers of that page to either be clear that there is no march planned or discussed with BPD, unless they have done so outside my contact with them?

I can't stop people from marching, thought I would suggest it is a bad idea, but if there are plans to do so, BPD needs to be informed ASAP. This is disruptive to traffic and unsafe unless precautions are taken, which is why it is a bad idea.

Where did you read that?

Switched from computer to mobile and was linking through and can't remember.

- - - Updated - - -

Attention sign makers: I got a good one for you.

I don't "need" my AR any more than Rosa Parks "needed" to sit in the front of that bus.

That while very true...may result in a less the wanted reaction...

i believe the next rally planned at the statehouse calls for a march, not this one
To be as clear as I can:
I have not cleared a march with BPD. So, unless someone else has, we need to be clear with everyone that comes/arrives that there is no march planned. Such a thing would require some planning on their part and could potientially be disruptive and dangerous.

We have the go ahead to assemble, but we have not told them of a march. Personally, I think marching is a bad idea. If someone wants to march, they need to contact BPD area A1 and discuss.

I would encourage everyone to spread the word to avoid confusion.

Back
Top Bottom