Spouse or S.O.?

Tony, [lol]

We bought our house in 1974 instead of going tenting on Cape Cod with one of my best friends and his Wife! Forecast was for a Labor Day weekend of rain, so we canceled the trip (was supposed to be my Wife's first tenting experience . . . never happened). Instead we went looking at houses and bought our current home. True story. She's never wanted to go camping since then either.

My late Parents went "camping" with a 13' (and later 16') trailer, dragging the entire house with it! [roll] My Wife hated it!!

Yes, primitive to her would be no 'Pierre' water in the room, no lounge to get Bloody's in the morning, and a B&W TV (or color without a remote). That's just not acceptable accomadations for her.

I just prefer to go camping at a BAR. That's actually true, several times a year, the group of Bikers I usually associate with, does a rally at a bar. The usual one is Pat's Pub in Wyalusing. PA. Several other rallies are held at bars. The upside is that nobody rides drunk. When we go to Ripton, somebody (usually my wife) makes a "beverage" run every afternoon or evening. And they definitely don't indulge before/at the range. I'm very firm about that.

Hmm, I missed this thread for a few days.

If I can get SWMBO to come along, then we'd need to be in range of a motel - health reasons. If I can't convince her, then I just need a new tent and I can get Canth (my bike) anywhere there's even a path. (he's not a dirt bike, but he does have a nice high ground clearance).

Anyway, I'd love to see this happen. NH or VT is fine with me...

Ross

Ross, the trip up to Ripton, Labor Day weekend is on, and yes, you are invited. Let me know if you're bringing your niece.

The pic's I posted were taken there, and the Bikers are the group that will be there. And yes, we ride street bikes there. Mostly BM's and Guzzi's, but a few of us ride Buell's, myself included.

Just so there's no confusion, I'm referring to a get together of Bikers that weekend. If some of us here want to get together there, we can do it on a different weekend. The Bikers wouldn't mind anyone that posts here, but, it'll raise our numbers attending and change our "logistics".

Back
Top Bottom