Simple Saiga Conversion 7.62x39 (Warning Pic Heavy)

Great job guys. Im doing mine next week with pretty much identical parts. Has anyone used the axis pin retaining plate instead of the shepherds crook? Are they that much of a bitch going back in? Any benefit using the plate?

I had a plate fail on me a few times causing the trigger pin to walk out slightly. Its not good when that happens while you're shooting.

I had a plate fail on me a few times causing the trigger pin to walk out slightly. Its not good when that happens while you're shooting.
No not good, but good to know. Do you trash the BHO? By the way I've got 2 more on order. I may have a couple more questions in the following weeks [smile] Thanks

I just finished my first conversion today. I'm not particularly handy, but the YouTube videos made it look really easy. And, despite a couple of snags, it really was. I feel pretty badass right now for making an AK.

I picked one up from the new batch. What was the "ugly velcro patch" on the original orders?

I like the patch, I use it to strike matches on...
v2.JPG

No not good, but good to know. Do you trash the BHO? By the way I've got 2 more on order. I may have a couple more questions in the following weeks [smile] Thanks

BHO goes right in the trash. Its a PITA to re-instal and if the spring breaks or gets hung up while you're at the range you have to tear the rifle down and rip it out with a pair of needle nose pliers.

Nice. My two conversions have the "ugly velcro patch on the receiver."

Someday the rifles with the "patch" will be worth more to collectors, because most will have been cleaned up.

Nah, Just kiddin.

BHO goes right in the trash. Its a PITA to re-instal and if the spring breaks or gets hung up while you're at the range you have to tear the rifle down and rip it out with a pair of needle nose pliers.
Another vote for canning the BHO. You just made my job just a little easier. Much appreciated

There's a picture of it in Post #35. I think it was done to cover up an unwanted marking of some kind. Maybe an importer name?

Importer was changed AFTER stamping occured. Velcro erradicated the old importer's name. I'm told the velco was done with a laser...

There's a picture of it in Post #35. I think it was done to cover up an unwanted marking of some kind. Maybe an importer name?

Importer was changed AFTER stamping occured. Velcro erradicated the old importer's name. I'm told the velco was done with a laser...

Thanks. I saw that picture, but was wondering why someone would leave that on there (thought it was actually a sticker of some sort).

Awesome writeup. Iv been looking for a reason to start a saiga build, but my wallet has always said otherwise. With the group buy from B&K it makes it very hard to refude, but right now i dont have everything to get it done by myself

Awesome writeup. Iv been looking for a reason to start a saiga build, but my wallet has always said otherwise. With the group buy from B&K it makes it very hard to refude, but right now i dont have everything to get it done by myself
Maybe a few of us could get together with someone in the know and have a group build in December ? Might be worth kicking around and it'll give people time to buy the needed parts.

Maybe a few of us could get together with someone in the know and have a group build in December ? Might be worth kicking around and it'll give people time to buy the needed parts.

If you guys pick a spot close enough to me and get your gear in order, I'll come by and show how to do a conversion.

Got all my stuff from CSS today. Just waiting on a gas tube from K-Var. Hope to get it done this weekend. This ones gonna be Russian Red. I've got 2 more Saigas on order and wouldn't mind a group build. I'm doing a few variations.

If you guys pick a spot close enough to me and get your gear in order, I'll come by and show how to do a conversion.

I wish I was still local so you could help me with my S12 conversion now that I can legally do it. Hope you won't mind me PMing you with any questions when I do attempt it.

Cool, I appreciate that and I'm willing to be there will be a few people interested .

Got all my stuff from CSS today. Just waiting on a gas tube from K-Var. Hope to get it done this weekend. This ones gonna be Russian Red. I've got 2 more Saigas on order and wouldn't mind a group build. I'm doing a few variations.
Are you any chance near the So. Shore ? I'm in Hanson and Ray's south of me near New Bedford I believe.

Cool, I appreciate that and I'm willing to be there will be a few people interested .

Are you any chance near the So. Shore ? I'm in Hanson and Ray's south of me near New Bedford I believe.
I'm actually on the North Shore. About an hour from you but I don't mind driving anywhere. Keep in touch.

Back
Top Bottom