• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HK USC to UMP conversion?

MaroonedinMA

NES Member
I can't seem to get this one out of my mind? Have any of you completed this project? Done it yourself? Sent it out? Are you happy with it? Who, What, When, Where (I know why). Should I continue down this rabbit hole or go shoot what I have?

Last edited:
Did you do any research?
What did you find?

^ Here's another nod to Black Ops Defense. They did my receiver conversion for the SL8>G36 conversion. I had them do a bunch of work, including cutting the SL8 barrel and threading it, swapping trigger group parts on the lower receiver from the SL8 stock to the Hera lower, SL8>G36 bolt conversion, etc, as well as update the receiver markings to G36 markings. They were a 1-stop shop, did excellent work and super easy to work with. The one ding was it took months as they had a backlog of work. I had been in communication with Tommybuilt, but I wasn't happy with the quality of some of his custom parts and his communication was poor. Black Ops was always on point and easy to work with.

Here's a post/pic of the G36 Black Ops worked on:

I will have them do a USC > USP conversion for me eventually. Maybe a project for next year.

Last edited:
The UMP mags are an issue if you’re in MA and care.
Anyone buying one of these doesn't care, a bigger problem is how expensive the conversion is just to get a gun that should have sold for 2k to begin with. Also if people want to be MA obedience fgts there's always the grease gun mag conversion... plenty if preban grease gun mags around.... but that won't give HK people boners. 🤣

How would you compare it to shooting a CZ Scorpion? That's the only reference I have...

Well, I only shot one Scorpion and it had a binary trigger and a pistol brace. I thought it was horrible, which was a shame since I was thinking of getting one. But I found the recoil to be much sharper than expected with more movement. Now my only comparison is either my MP5 with a can or when I had a AR9 with a brake.

The USC is a much slower recoil were you actually feel the bolt go back and forth...its been years since I shot one, but it was enough for me to sell it

I had a USC awhile back. Not that great of a shooting rifle, that heavy bolt is very noticeable.
I just plopped down a big down payment on one. I have been skeptical of the pcc market but the usc felt right and I am a .45 enthusiast.

What turned you off, heavy bolt, trigger, just meh?

I love my tg36k so confident a tbt ump would come out pretty spiffy. Word of caution. Be prepared for it to feel like an airsoft tor. The hk usc does.

Back
Top Bottom