• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking to get a HK-Vp9

slugworth

NES Member
I have a G22 that I bought bran new in “97” with about 100 rnds. through it. Should I trade it in or keep it? I know you all say you never have enough guns, but it is a forty😂😂

I’m in the same exact boat with my 23. Judging by the round count you obviously don’t use it that much. It will depend on what your goals are. If you are a carry/self defense person and really nothing else and you aren’t using it for that purpose then sell the damn thing and get something you will use.

Whether you sell the G22 or not get a VP9.

I freaking love mine. Most comfortable pistol I have ever held and shoots great. I also think they are running promotion where if you buy one you can put in a voucher and get like 4 free magazines.
Got a price of $799 for a new one.

I acquired a vp9 in a trade, and really enjoy it. fits my hand well and my natural point of aim feels good with it.

is the 799 one a newer version that is optics ready? I see them a bit cheaper for the older version that doesn't have the cut for a red dot. mine is without the cut and I only shoot it with the iron sights, which currently is no issue for me. that may change as years go by and my eyes get worse. food for thought.

have you shot one? if not any you'd like to before you buy, let me know!

What is with all of this love for the VP9? My brother in MA has an LTC, but his wife (from NY) doesn't want any guns in the house. He said if he could get one, he wanted a VP9.

Yeah, if you're not shooting the G22, trade it in.

You good do realize that g22/23 can be converted to 9mm with just a barrel swap, right?? 9mm even feeds through the 40 mags…I’ve tried it, could t get it to fail but wouldn’t trust life on it….perfect for range use.

I say buy them all. The vp9 is awesome for a polymer striker fired gun. You won’t be disappointed.

I’m in the same exact boat with my 23. Judging by the round count you obviously don’t use it that much. It will depend on what your goals are. If you are a carry/self defense person and really nothing else and you aren’t using it for that purpose then sell the damn thing and get something you will use.
I converted my 23 to 9mm, Wolf drop in barrel. Bought a couple 9mm mags and good to go. I've put maybe 500 and as much as 1k rounds through it, way less snappy. I'm not sure if that's the scientific term.

The Vp9 is a very comfortable gun in my hand. The only drawback for me is the mag release. Can’t hit it without adjusting my grip. No bueno

I dont have a G22, but have a G19 that has an enhanced trigger and a VP9. If I have to pick between the two, the vp9 hands down. More comfortable and better trigger out of the box. If you can get a Lazy wolf trigger upgrade. I also have a Long slide kit so can swap it out. I have gotten used to the paddle, but the VP9-B could be a nice feature I think, but never saw the issue the guys above mentioned.

The real question is why is he still married ????? " 😁
Cheaper to keep her."

As for paddle releases, I had a Walther PPS (?) that had that. I just learned to use my middle finger. Believe it or not, it's actually useful for something besides signalling others! I just hated the grenade-texture grip, so I got rid of it when other makers came along with similar sized models.

If you have plenty of 40 ammo on hand and prefer to stick with one caliber you could always opt for the HK-VP40B model. Love mine and a soft shooter. Nothing wrong with the Glock but, ergonomically the HK VP is the better gun.

I don’t generally get along with Glocks, but I love my VP9. I bought it because I saw a good used deal, and had some spending money I wanted to park. I figured I’d sell it when I needed the money out of it. Then I shot the thing…and shot it…and shot it. It’s now on the last to sell list.

I have a G22 that I bought bran new in “97” with about 100 rnds. through it. Should I trade it in or keep it? I know you all say you never have enough guns, but it is a forty😂😂
You need to decide whether to hoard or keep what you need. The majority of "collectors" are folks who bought a gun, didn't use it regularly, and let it sit in the safe. My dad was that way, and so was I for a long time. In the mid-2000s, after my father got too old and gave me all his guns, I must have had well over 50 pieces. I tried to shoot every one of them regularly and realized I was wasting ammo and was a terrible shot. In a pinch, I doubt I'd be able to handle a firearm properly.
Once I realized that having many guns was bad for me, I decided to start whittling down my collection. I have been selling here and there ever since and do not have any regrets. My shooting has improved tremendously and I find it that have just three firearms is more than enough.

The point is that having many guns is a waste. Yes, I also advise folks to keep firearms in multiple calibers to be able to shoot during ammo droughts, which tend to come with increasing frequency. That said, if you don't shoot your G22, it's a waste. Either commit to practicing with it regularly or sell it.

My dad and I each bought a VP9 at the same time, and we got sequential serial numbers. He later got a VP40 (don't ask me why, I never saw him shoot it). It took a little bit to get used to the paddle, but got-daaaamn does that mag come out with a quickness. The paddle has the benefit of being ambi, which will help if you do off-hand drills.

Back
Top Bottom