• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig Sauer P365 conversion possibilities

cptmax

NES Member
Is it possible to convert a stock Sig p365 9mm to a .380? If anyone knows is there a conversion kit or do you need a new frame and firing unit? Just what is involved if it is even possible.

I'll be the first to ask why you would want to do such a thing?
Well, I have a .22 conversion kit for my P938. It's handy to get in a lot of practice without the bite of a micro 9 and it keeps the costs down while keeping the grip / safety / sights the same..

It's likely possible but likely a fools errand
Up to Sig. The kit for the 938 is theirs. Changeover is as simple stripping the slide, putting the .22 slide on, and pulling out a different magazine.

Well, I have a .22 conversion kit for my P938. It's handy to get in a lot of practice without the bite of a micro 9 and it keeps the costs down while keeping the grip / safety / sights the same..

Up to Sig. The kit for the 938 is theirs. Changeover is as simple stripping the slide, putting the .22 slide on, and pulling out a different magazine.
I see the point with .22lr. But going from 9MM to a more expensive round like .380 is different.

Now that’s awesome. May have to pick up a 365 FCU.

I’d also love it if a company started making P320/P365 frames that accepted different magazines, say commonly available preban magazines. I realize it’s a tiny market.

They could be 3D printed, but ideally with SLS for durability. Sadly those are not really hobby grade printers.
I keep thinking about designing a couple. I just let other projects get in the way.
I would probably go with MJF...

There are plenty of reasons to want to do this.

If you have a shooter who is newish and is having trouble with a flinch or push caused by recoil, switching to something that has less recoil can make eliminating the flinch easier.

Also for a newish shooter, even without a flinch, shot to shot times may be less with a less powerful round. A hit or two with a .380 is better than a miss with a 9mm.

The next question is whether or not buying a conversion kit is smarter than buying a whole new gun. A legitimate point could be made that there is less transaction cost and hassle buying and selling a conversion kit.

If we assume that the .380 is a transitionary "training" step, then buying the conversion kit and having it shipped to your door is much easier than buying another gun,. Also, selling the kit is MUCH easier once the person has transitioned to 9mm. You can literally put it on eBay when you want to sell it.

If the person wants a .380 and wants to stay with .380, then it does make more sense to sell the 9mm and buy a .380. But if the .380 conversion is sought to ease a new shooter into shooting their new carry pistol, then a conversion kit can make a lot of sense.

You guys remember that video of the guys who changed guns instead of mags... thats how i feel

Why would you buy a conversion kit...buy a new gun

Back
Top Bottom