SHTF Gun?

FN FAL and Sig 220 at a minimum. Wife would have the S&W 686 .357 and the AK.

+1, except I don't own the S&W 686. Also assumes I don't have to travel light. If mobility is key the FAL and the wife get left behind and I take the AK and the Sig.[smile]

my sig 220, maybe the glock 22, definitely the 12 gauge. If i had the time my 300 win mag, i need an AR or an AK.

Lever action 44 magnum winchester carbine. 9 rounds in the tube. compact and easy to handle.

I'd just go fishin'.

You know what with all those "accidents" & stuff.
fce32f95.gif

I asked this question of a friend once and got an interesting answer.

He said a Ruger 10/22. His reasoning was that you're not going to stand toe to toe with assault troops anyway. But if you are trying to survive a .22 can bring down anything shy of bear if hit in the right spot. Also with the extended after market mags that are sold, no one is going to stand in the front of the fire that is going to rain on them even from a .22. You can also easily carry 1000s of rounds anywhere you want. With the range of .22 Long Rifle a good marksman can actually snipe from quite a distance to harrass an enemy.

Thought it was an interesting answer.

I asked this question of a friend once and got an interesting answer.

He said a Ruger 10/22. His reasoning was that you're not going to stand toe to toe with assault troops anyway. But if you are trying to survive a .22 can bring down anything shy of bear if hit in the right spot. Also with the extended after market mags that are sold, no one is going to stand in the front of the fire that is going to rain on them even from a .22. You can also easily carry 1000s of rounds anywhere you want. With the range of .22 Long Rifle a good marksman can actually snipe from quite a distance to harrass an enemy.

Thought it was an interesting answer.

And, you can use a .22 to acquire a bigger caliber gun if you need it! [smile]

What I don't understand is why so many people would take a 1911 ? single action and only 8 rounds max.

Glock 19 and AR 15 for me and the same for the wife.

For me...

A S&W 686+ w/.357s, and a Ruger 10/22T (for the reasons mentioned by GOAL in his post)

For my wife...

M&P 9mm, and a Mossberg 500

I think it depends on what kind of SHTF situation you are talking about.

SHTF where society breaks down and you are just trying to evade the zombies = probably Beretta 92FS and Sig 556. Maybe sling the 10/22 over my shoulder - because as GOAL said - it comes in very useful for a LOT of things.

SHTF where you are fighting the Obama Youth Corps and UN troops brought in to make sure we are not beating our children = I am going to have to go with Boston's Gun Bible and take either the FAL or the M1A with the Beretta 92 or a Glock on my hip.

Either that or I would loan out my safe contents to friends and family and lug the Barrett 98B I hope to get some day..... [smile]

One rifle: AKM. Big bullet, unbreakable
One pistol: Glock 34. High cap, 9mm should be easy to scrounge
One shottie: Rem 870P, no question

Whatever is in the cabinet

If we're talking EOTWAWKI anything chambered in 5.56 and 9mm as that's what there's going to be the most of lying around.

SKS, P239 (.357 sig), and mossberg 500. Because it's what I have. 357 sig may be hard to come buy, so i will have to acquire a .40 barrel for it.

Glock 20 10mm,extra high caps..AK47 ,extra mags..old reliable Ithaca mod 37,12 ga pump,Blacky Collins fighting knife.

1. I'd grab the old AK for its reliability,stopping power & fear factor.
(Liberals,psuedo-combatants and the timid tend to quiver at the sight of an AK.)
2.a quality sidearm Walther p-99 in 9mm,
smooth, accurate,abundent ammo,
(yet stylish for SHTF fashion & pistol whippin')

3.A 12gu.pump action(Moss 500) the sound of pump action slug being chambered is familiar to everyone in a dark room especially potential,looters/ burgulars. This can also be used w/bird shot for small game hunting

For the starving masses beating down the door to get to my rice: 92fs, 870 remmington.

Invasion/Civil War- Bushy carbine 5.56, 92fs, and my model 19 357 6 inch on crossdraw for style points. I open the rest up to family and neighbors and into the woods we go.

You know, I dont have one but if I could do it all over again, I would go with any of the available semi auto 308's or 30-06's.

Yes a AK is reliable and a AR15 is a favorite, but neither have near the raw power / penetration of the bigboy rounds. If you are going to be shooting at cars and objects, you want penetration.

Dont forget, in true SHTF, you will want to be as far as f***ing possible away from the bad guy. You are braver than me if you are going to be storming into buildings looking for bad guys. Il be watching at a distance with a scope.

So probly a Galil, saiga, FAL, AR10 or M1A - Your choice really.

That's basically what Boston - in Boston's Gun Bible - recommends. Get a real round, because you are not supposed to be duking it out in close quarters combat during the SHTF. The latest version recommends either M1A/M14 or the FAL.

I would say just get one of each and see which one you prefer....

Back
Top Bottom