SHTF Gun?

How about these?
spud_gun.jpg

... and for BIG trouble:

Huge_spud_gun.jpg

(Not mine... found online!) [grin]

Last edited:
I'd take my M4 and my S&W M&P .40 for myself. I have a Glock 23 that i'd put in a box as well, but i want a full size pistol.

For the wife she'd probably take the mini14 and her S&W M&P 9mm compact. Would be hard to leave the Remmington 700PSS because you could hunt with it... depends how fast we had to go...

but its all about what you train with. I learned to use an M4 in the military, have parts and gear for it; the mini14 is amazingly reliable and durable, wife only needs to throw oil at it and it works fine...

everyone has what they like... and sometimes you just gotta use what you have handy!

VERY tough question.

For a pistol, definitely a Glock. Either my Glock 19c or 38.
If fighting CQB / zombies, My AR15 ultralight.
If fighting invading military, my DSA SA58 FAL.
If fighting Killer tomatoes and dinosaurs, my Siaga 12ga shotgun.

Beretta 92FS w/ four or five full 15 round prebans. Mossberg 500 with a few dozen rounds. M4/AR carbine with four or five full 30 round prebans. Cache of ammo left back at an undisclosed location.

Chris

I keep a S&W model 60 readily available, but I would get to the safe for the GLOCK 22 with M3X light / Crimson Trace laser and a Remington 12g with 00 buckshot if the SHTF

SHTF I would choose my 1911 and AR15s. I would then try and acquire a .40 S&W and 9mm as well as a 12ga and .22LR since such ammo would be easier to get and replenish when my supply runs dry.

This reminds me that I should pick up 2 high quality backpacks for me and the wife as well as some good camping equipment. We can holster the pistols, mount the .22LR and Shotgun to the backpack and then carry the ARs.

The question now is since we got 2 dogs to grab/make 2 packs for them to lug extra ammo/food/misc. supplies if it looks like it is really bad and we got to bug out.

SHTF I would choose my 1911 and AR15s. I would then try and acquire a .40 S&W and 9mm as well as a 12ga and .22LR since such ammo would be easier to get and replenish when my supply runs dry.

This reminds me that I should pick up 2 high quality backpacks for me and the wife as well as some good camping equipment. We can holster the pistols, mount the .22LR and Shotgun to the backpack and then carry the ARs.

The question now is since we got 2 dogs to grab/make 2 packs for them to lug extra ammo/food/misc. supplies if it looks like it is really bad and we got to bug out.

Take it from someone that hikes with a dog. After filling the dogs pack with the dogs food and water. You want him to carry what?[wink] good luck

Take it from someone that hikes with a dog. After filling the dogs pack with the dogs food and water. You want him to carry what?[wink] good luck

I would end up grabbing a PURE filter or the like since 1 gal of water is about 8lbs. Food, again, a couple days rations. This is assuming if I am on foot, completely different game plan on what is taken if I have my truck.

Keep in mind if any of you buy this upper, It comes with a M4 Carbine type buffer and if you use an A2 butt stock you will need to either run the std A2 Buffer or ship the mfg the carbine buffer that the upper came with and have them send you a Rifle buffer.

What happens is the rifle fires one shot and then the buffer comes forward past the pin thingy that is supposed to hold the buffer in the buffer tube.

At first I thought the bolt hold open was sticking and they realised that the hammer was sticking up and the bolt carrier would not go past it and it was stuck behind it.

After I swapped the std A2 buffer back in then it worked fine.

I'm sure the heavy carbine supplied with the upper serves a specific function but I'm not really sure what it is as the stock A2 buffer works fine.

One thing about this upper is how the brass ejects, I love it as it drops right out of the mag well.

I attached a small money bag I had in my gun safe and it collected the brass without any problem.

I'm sure someone will or already does make a clip on attachment to catch the brass but for now my little money bag works great.

And the AR with its 50 round capacity of 5.7x28 shown here.
AR57WMMG1.jpg

AR57WMMG2.jpg

upper%20layout%206.2jpg.jpg807x5500.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom