• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shriners - Wilmington, MA Feb 18th and 19th.

Anyone going to this one??

I just got the dollar off coupon in the mail today.

Sat 9-5
Sun 9-3

It reads that there's going to be 500 table.

What I did find weird was that it was printed that it's sponsered by American Express Financial Advisors, Inc. I guess that AmEx is a pro-gun company.

I'm going to try to go to this one.

No, they are going to nail you at the door and you can't get in or buy anything unless you can prove that you've signed up with an Amex "financial adviser"! [rofl]

Last edited:
BJ,

Yup it's terrible but try to get by them when they have a table setup someplace . . . they are relentless.

There are some very strange things happening with this show promoter. She's turned to money-grubbing, so I'll bet she gets a commission on the Amex "kills"!

To wit:

- Parking at the Big E is now $5.00 to attend gun shows. I've had a few dealers (who I am friendly with) tell me that the Big E gives Carole many hundreds of free parking passes for each show. They alleged to me that Carole sells the passes to the dealers (and NOT at a discount)!!

- When I picked up my "dealer" ID for the show this past weekend (I worked the GOAL table on Saturday), she was SELLING the plastic holders to the dealers at $1.00 each!!

I'll be at Wilmington - one of the better shows in the area. If I remember from last time, there were actually SEVERAL ammo vendors at the show, so they had to keep prices fairly reasonable. Parking is free, and the number of tables makes it well worth the price of admission.

LenS said:
BJ,
When I picked up my "dealer" ID for the show this past weekend (I worked the GOAL table on Saturday), she was SELLING the plastic holders to the dealers at $1.00 each!!
Yes, however, this is nothing new. The plastic holders (whcih are optional if you want to try to make a self-stick pass all weekend) have been a $1.00 product for at least several years.

I will be going... Seeing how it's about a 10 minute drive for me I think it will be worth it!

Adam

Rob Boudrie said:
LenS said:
BJ,
When I picked up my "dealer" ID for the show this past weekend (I worked the GOAL table on Saturday), she was SELLING the plastic holders to the dealers at $1.00 each!!
Yes, however, this is nothing new. The plastic holders (whcih are optional if you want to try to make a self-stick pass all weekend) have been a $1.00 product for at least several years.

Rob,

I usually bring a neck band with plastic holder with me (forgot this time) and I probably haven't worked one of her shows since 2003 or 2004, so didn't see the "price-tag" on the box of holders. It's still nickle and dimeing (sp?) the dealers who pay between $65 and $85 for each table to be at the show.

99 Fordham Rd
Wilmington, MA 01887

Cross Street:
Between Cornell Pl and Concord St

Coming from Concord, you may want to stick to back roads.Fordham RD is right off RT62 in Wilmington.

I think Wilmington is the show where I picked up the Albanian 7.62x54 ammo, and not Marlboro since I didn't see that particular vendor there. I'll be going, I haven't missed a Mass. show anywhere in the past 3 years. :D

shriners gun show

i see some of you guys are going to have tables at this show?
i did not expect to go to this one because i winter in Daytona
but my wife is in need of medical attention in boston so i have to get
back to Mass next week so i think i might attend that show myself
so look for the guy wearing a hat that says (TOP GUN)!!
that will be Sheriff Dudley. Please dont shoot
Take Care Sheriff Dudley

Darn... I have friends coming over on the 18th so Saturday is out; is it worth attending on Sunday, or do dealers do like they do in Marlboro and cut and run on Sat night (not show up on Sunday)?

dwarven1 said:
Darn... I have friends coming over on the 18th so Saturday is out; is it worth attending on Sunday, or do dealers do like they do in Marlboro and cut and run on Sat night (not show up on Sunday)?

I find that to largely be true of all 2 day shows, no matter where or which promoter put the show on.

I'm most likely going to be going, since I'll be in Lynnfield getting a cavity drilled & filled that morning (if I'm gonna be that far south, might as well head all the way over to Wilmington, right?)

So look for the guy with a swollen mouth who can't talk right. No, Mumbles isn't going to be there... [lol]

Anyone have directions from 95? Thanks!

Jay,

Rte.95 to 128S to 93N, take exit 39 Concord St, take a right at the end of the offramp and then a left at the lights,go all the way to the end and there it is. :)

wherewolf said:
Jay,

Rte.95 to 128S to 93N, take exit 39 Concord St, take a right at the end of the offramp and then a left at the lights,go all the way to the end and there it is. :)

Bee-ooo-tee-full! Thank you wherewolf!

Hope to see you next Saturday!

Jay G said:
wherewolf said:
Jay,

Oh yea, I'll have to call you to make sure that we meet up...

C-pher said:
Jay G said:
wherewolf said:
Jay,

Oh yea, I'll have to call you to make sure that we meet up...

You got the #. My dentist appt is at 9:45AM, expected to last 45 minutes. Figuring 1/2 hour to get to Wilmington, I expect to be there around 11. I'll most likely need to be home mid-afternoon...

I'll be on the look-out for you both. I talked my bro-in-law to go to the show with me. He has an LTC-A but hasn't had a gun in a bunch of years. Letting him fondle my firearms over the past year or so, has got him missing shooting. And of course, because I've got nothing to lose, I told my sister (very matter of factly) "If you can buy 900 pair of shoes, then your husband IS going to get himself a gun".

We both grew up around guns, so that's not the problem... The problem is it's taking away from the "her" fund!

Adam

Hi,

I know a lot of folks say dealers don't bother much with the Sunday side of the Marlborough show, but I have to say I didn't notice it. I got some very nice custom ear plugs with 20 minutes to go. While I sat still as they hardend I had a lot of time to scan the room. It looked like most dealers were still there, even if they were starting the packing process.

I'm bringing a friend to Wilmington so he can gel squirted in his ears!

YMMV,
Chuck

Adam_MA said:
I'll be on the look-out for you both. I talked my bro-in-law to go to the show with me. He has an LTC-A but hasn't had a gun in a bunch of years. Letting him fondle my firearms over the past year or so, has got him missing shooting. And of course, because I've got nothing to lose, I told my sister (very matter of factly) "If you can buy 900 pair of shoes, then your husband IS going to get himself a gun".

We both grew up around guns, so that's not the problem... The problem is it's taking away from the "her" fund!

Adam

That's what I'm talking about.

And I'll keep an eye out for you as well.

Back
Top Bottom