• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shriners - Wilmington, MA Feb 18th and 19th.

Gary,

I doubt that the Taurus in question is C&R qualified.

A C&R FFL allows one to purchase/sell any C&R gun in any state of the union.

Anyone can sell anything to an FFL anywhere in the US.

The FFL can only sell to another FFL (including C&R FFL if the gun is a C&R qualified item), or a citizen (assuming the person is properly licensed if required by their state) of the SAME STATE as the FFL at a Gun Show. [If state law allows it, any citizen from any state can purchase long gun in any state of the union. Gun has to be "legal" in the state that the purchaser resides in, also a requirement of Fed Law.]

I think that about covers it.

LenS said:
Gary,

I doubt that the Taurus in question is C&R qualified.

My question was more generic in nature.

LenS said:
The FFL can only sell to another FFL (including C&R FFL if the gun is a C&R qualified item), or a citizen (assuming the person is properly licensed if required by their state) of the SAME STATE as the FFL at a Gun Show. [If state law allows it, any citizen from any state can purchase long gun in any state of the union. Gun has to be "legal" in the state that the purchaser resides in, also a requirement of Fed Law.]

I think that about covers it.

That's pretty straight forward. He can sell to a FFL or C&R FFL, but not to a non FFL or C&R MA resident at a MA gun show. Theoretically, he could sell to a CT resident in MA, I guess. That's if I understand you correctly. It's not that important as long as I'm not breaking the law by buying from the guy using my C&R.

Gary

Gary,

I'm getting confused as to the "he" you are referring to.

A MA C&R FFL holder can legally buy any C&R from any FFL, anywhere.

So a MA FFL could legally sell a C&R to a MA C&R FFL holder (as I understand it, but IANAL), put info in both bound books and the buyer does a MA FA-10 as "registration". [I do NOT know if this would be technically illegal re EOPS List (AG Regs don't count on old guns, regardless of where they were in 1998) for him to sell or not. Seems like a FFL to FFL transaction to me, as long as he doesn't do the FA-10 and you don't put down "seller" info.]

Shriners Gun Show

WoW John J you know your stuff!! i hadent noticed that button on the
underside of the stock, but its there! its a 5/16th dia. button, and it
is 1inch to center of the front bayonet lug band, wich has the last three digitts of the ser#.on it!! i didn,t notice that ether! the gun is in great
shape and i wish i could put a picture on but i barely know how to get on this forum and get my E-Mail, i dont have alot of computer savey, and i
cant spell wuff a ship eather. anywho i just got a shipment from Midway
with 6.5Carcano& 762x54Russ Dies in it when i got home from the show,
if i knew about the jap there would have been 7.7dies in there to,
these Milsurps are great for Cast bullets! i shot at Woburn Sportsmans
club this morning and i think i talked a guy out of a #4 SMLE .303 isn,t
this sicknes Wonderfull??????????? [lol]

Take Care Sheriff Dudley

Re: Shriners Gun Show

sheriff dudley said:
WoW John J you know your stuff!! i hadent noticed that button on the
underside of the stock, but its there! its a 5/16th dia. button, and it
is 1inch to center of the front bayonet lug band, wich has the last three digitts of the ser#.on it!! i didn,t notice that ether! the gun is in great
shape and i wish i could put a picture on but i barely know how to get on this forum and get my E-Mail, i dont have alot of computer savey, and i
cant spell wuff a ship eather. anywho i just got a shipment from Midway
with 6.5Carcano& 762x54Russ Dies in it when i got home from the show,
if i knew about the jap there would have been 7.7dies in there to,
these Milsurps are great for Cast bullets! i shot at Woburn Sportsmans
club this morning and i think i talked a guy out of a #4 SMLE .303 isn,t
this sicknes Wonderfull??????????? [lol]

Take Care Sheriff Dudley
I'm trying to learn as much as I can on these rifles. My 5th Arisaka should be here this week.

If you figure how to take the pics, you can email them to me and I can post them for you.

Is there a hole at the end of that stock? If so, the short rod goes in there and then threads into that button. If you're serious about getting a rod, let me know and I'll get you in contact with someone who may be able to help you. There was one posted on Ebay that ends tomorrow I think. It was up over $40.
Before you take the rifle apart, look closely at the screws for the trigger guard and magazine. There were staked at the factory and if the stakes are still intact, DO NOT unscrew those screws unless you absolutely need to.

We should carry this on in the Milsurps if you want to start a new topic.

Congrats on the rifle!

NE Gun shows

thanks john i might wait on the rod but yes there is the small hole in
the end for it! also i will have to look for the (stakeing)on the underside
your right about milsurp collecting spot i might do that tomorow and i
have a friend with a digital camera so maybe i can get him to take some picks i also have a type 38 6.5 my dad brought back from the south pacific
has MUM dust cover, bayo canteen, helmet, cartrige box, money, wallet, etc: for the other link.

take care S.D.

Did anyone see the dealer that had a FN five-seven (listed to include 20rd mags) in his case? I saw him with it at the Springfield show last year and didn't understand why he was showing it then (or now) since he can't sell it to a MA resident or to an out of state resident while he's in MA.
I know it's not on the list and the post-bans are a BIG no-no but am I wrong on some part of this? Is this a case of an ignorant dealer who has the burden of law (other than the mags which would always be a problem) on him but a MA buyer would be fine if they bought it?
Thanks,
Craig

LenS said:
centermass181 said:
LenS said:
Folks,

If you can find the posts with the pictures of Glock mags, etc. if the post is otherwise appropriate (info wise), I'd be happy to "sticky" it.

However the whole pre-ban mag issue is a morass of confusion! Check the Mag section of Patrick Sweeney's book on the Glock and you'll see that even he found "new styles" of pre-bans after he thought he had them all nailed down!

I haven't even looked for info on other gun mags re pre-ban vs. MA banned status!

The whole thing is giving me a headache! [roll]

its in the " I almost went to jail" thread.

Thanks.

That is NOT a thread that I would want to make into a "sticky"!! [roll]

Len: How about I make a thread in Gun Laws that has the same info in it (giving credit to the original poster), you can them PM that without all the baggage that goes with the existing thread?

steel996 said:
Is this a case of an ignorant dealer who has the burden of law (other than the mags which would always be a problem) on him but a MA buyer would be fine if they bought it?

No. The dealer would be screwed and so would the buyer. The 20 round magazines that came with that puppy were made after the 199whatever it is cutoff - this is a new gun - so that possession of the mags would be a felony.. I trust you already understand why the dealer would be in trouble. :) (heck, they could have busted him right on the spot for possessing those mags!)

Well...hubby and I didn't make it. He came down with my cold...although so far it hasn't turned in to pnuemonia. Plus - a tree came down next to his folks and aunt's house in Methuen, so he spent the day over there trying to get the power turned back on. He spent Sunday in bed, blowing his nose and moaning.

Oh well....

Quite a catch-22 is it not? Do you blow the whistle on an ignorant dealer or just ignore him for fear of drawing negative attention to law abiding gun owners. As I mentioned above, I was very disappointed with the show. Lack of knowledgable gun and gun equipment dealers was just another one of my complaints about the show. Mom and Pop gun dealers do us no favors, nor do dealers with inaccurate information regarding our admittedly complex gun laws. While I do not need to be armed for my profession, I do consider myself a PROFESSIONAL GUN OWNER. Like many others on this forum, I take the time to study and learn about guns, gun laws, and give careful consideration to the consequences of owning/carrying. This attitude was conspicuoulsy missing at the show, where I got a vibe, from vendors, that they just wanted to make a buck. I'd like to see shows continue, simply because so many people do like them, but I'm wondering what will happen when someone does get burned by one of these ignorant peddlers. Such a situation would not be good for anyone. I'll stick to dealing with reputable, knowledgable, professional, local dealers.

Chris

Could be that an out of state dealer is just showing his wares because he knows that buyers from his state that don't normally go to his shop will be at the show. Attracting future biz?

Ok, now I know this was a while ago, but I was thinking about it and I realized that I bought a bunch of ammo, and was never asked to see my LTC. Anyone else run into this?

Most of these dealers are from outside MA and they are clueless about our laws. Not only that, but they don't care either! They will also sell LE/Mil Only mags to anyone from MA, no questions, no licenses, etc.

Just a fact of life about gun shows.

Back
Top Bottom