• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Should I move to RI or NH from MA (because of gun laws)

Depends on what facets of the law matter the most to you. His criteria:

I'd add "In what locations is carry prohibited by state law?" to that list.

Texas, Alaska and Missouri all have more banned locations than New Hampshire, binding signage, and alcohol-related restrictions.
To piggyback on this, in RI, if you have a town issues permit you are allowed to carry everywhere in the state (not including federally controlled areas).

I work remotely now so I could technically live where ever and I used to live in NC/SC and Florida but when I live in America I want to live near MA because most of my family lives around here. I have my FID/LTC in MA but which of those 2 states is better for me / closer to Boston? From what I can tell I can carry across into MA right? From google maps it seems Woonsocket is the closest for RI? I also read that Woonsocket is one of the worst cities in America so maybe I won't live there. Nashua?

Gun laws also take priority over distance if the distance is only like 10 minutes longer.
Are you a 2A Activist? If so, live in MA, preferably in Boston, Brookline, Cambridge or one of the other reddish towns, to help move the ball.

If not, matters not. We need people who will engage the public and public officials, instead of hanging around echo chambers.

I work remotely now so I could technically live where ever and I used to live in NC/SC and Florida but when I live in America I want to live near MA because most of my family lives around here. I have my FID/LTC in MA but which of those 2 states is better for me / closer to Boston? From what I can tell I can carry across into MA right? From google maps it seems Woonsocket is the closest for RI? I also read that Woonsocket is one of the worst cities in America so maybe I won't live there. Nashua?

Gun laws also take priority over distance if the distance is only like 10 minutes longer.

Without a doubt NH.. We are a Constitutional Carry state and no stupid moonbat ineffective 2A infringing laws.. This is truely America.
You could live in a NH border town and still be close to MA/RI family.

I live 8 miles NE of Manchester and love it.. Close to everything I need. No sales tax and no State income tax.

Hope this helps..

Without a doubt NH.. We are a Constitutional Carry state and no stupid moonbat ineffective 2A infringing laws.. This is truely America.
You could live in a NH border town and still be close to MA/RI family.

I live 8 miles NE of Manchester and love it.. Close to everything I need. No sales tax and no State income tax.

Hope this helps..

If you choose to live in RI over NH, you're a moron. All I want to do is leave RI and this time next year, I will do that. I'm only staying now because I need to get some more work experience on my resume and I would like to buy a used pickup truck and once that's accomplished, I'ma GTFO.

The gun laws themselves aren't as bad as Mass, but that's not saying much. CCW in RI is a cumbersome, clunky process that's not a guarantee. Buying guns without a CCW will be an 8 day wait for background checks, plus you get to pay a sales tax... don't have any of that shit in NH.

If you move to RI, you'll get to wait in line at the DMV, which is a 2 to 4 hour wait depending where you go. Why? Because the DMV is a f*cked up mess. If you move to RI, you'll also get to drive on the worst roads in the country, your vote will be pointless waste, but the people are generally nice, but the people in New Hampshire are nicer.

It depends on what your interests are outside of guns and working. If you like restaurants, entertainment, and such, RI is the better place. If you like the quiet, simple life, the woods, not being taxed, New Hampshire is the place to be. I lived in NH for about 2 months a few years ago. It's nice, but there's not many places hiring people. Not a problem for you tho, so if you can live anywhere you want and work from home, I cannot think of a better place than NH and a worse place than RI.

I grew up is Nashua and left in the late 80’s. It was nice then, but it has gone far down hill since. I would look at more rural towns.

I lived in RI for 20ish years and escaped about 4 years ago. It is a liberal cesspool of stupidity and corruption.

I don’t think NH is a long term solution as ma**h***s will destroy it. I expect it to last less than 20 years. Just my guess.
This is spot on. The people in RI, IMO, are the stupidest population I have ever encountered. Seriously, a box of rocks probably has a higher IQ than the average Rhode Islander. The public education in RI is a joke, it's totally corrupted by the teaching unions and politics. Every week there's a new outrage that's unveiled with corruption with this week being that the fees in phone bills that go to funding 911, 60% of that money goes into the general funds while the rest is what pays 911.

NH is not a long term deal because people from Mass will escape the shithole they created and turn NH into Diet Mass Dew. By 2050 it will be no different than Mass or RI is now, but by then if you're old enough, you'll be dead or if you're in your 20's, you can always move to Maine in your 60's.

If you're making decisions for your kids, the long term solution for them and their kids is to move to Alaska or Texas, their kids will have to move to Mars.

I lived in NH for about 2 months a few years ago. It's nice, but there's not many places hiring people.
Employers are desperate for new employees in NH. Second-lowest unemployment rate in the country. Anyone in NH who wants a job, has one. Anyone who wants to work, has more than one job.

Employers are desperate for new employees in NH. Second-lowest unemployment rate in the country. Anyone in NH who wants a job, has one. Anyone who wants to work, has more than one job.
Southeast NH yeah, but living there is no different than living in Mass. Sky high rents, shitty traffic, and I've found management in NH is way more up your ass and breathing down your neck than Mass and RI is.

It's a terrible state to work for non-union manufacturing.

RI is worse than MA in some instances. Sure, you can buy a Glock, whoooopeee - you can’t take it anywhere because it’s much more difficult to get an LTC in most towns. They’re going to ban AR15s soon, no doubt. Seriously, was that a trick question?

How is RI now as far as buying ammo or mags? I stooped at a store once ans saw a shotgun I liked then was told I had to come back later in the week to get it. Screw that!

If gun laws are a priority, NH wins by a country mile over RI. In fact, NH is arguably the very best in the entire country when it comes to gun laws.
For now anyway, keep yourself mobile as to keep up with the changes.

How is RI now as far as buying ammo or mags? I stooped at a store once ans saw a shotgun I liked then was told I had to come back later in the week to get it. Screw that!

I don’t know as I have never purchased either in RI.

There are no limits on anything ammo or magazine related in RI. You can buy drum mags for your AR and you can buy any ammo you need. Firearm purchase has the weird crappy waiting period of picking up the firearm "7 days after noon of the next day after purchase". Yeah, whoever wrote that had a strange way of thinking

NH wins, not only for 2A but also for taxes, regulations, and other elements of quality of life which have been destroyed by the cultural Marxists and mafia-style corruptocrats who dominate RI's government. If you want better quality of life, but still near MA, look to SW NH, such as Peterborough and Keene. Prettier country, and MUCH less crowded.

Thanks for replying so quickly. Is it legal to conceal carry from NH to MA? If I have the MA FID/LTC

If you move to NH, your MA Lic is null and void. You need to apply for a non-rez...
Once you move to NH, get your NH permit (you won't need it in NH since it's Con-Carry, but you'll need it to apply to MA for a non-res LTC. $100 every year, but at least you can carry (just make sure you're using 10rd mags or pre '94 ban mags).

Just in case that wasn't sarcasm. VT went from one of the best in gun laws to the back of the pack in a year. Door is open, it is going to get a lot worse quickly. VT libtard's pride themselves on outlibtarding all the other states. Plus they'd get their 10k back in taxes pretty quick.

I am old and slow. You were quick. I was about to attach a wonderful video of Lenin being interrogated by young pioneers to underline the statement from The Boston Globe. I corrected my post. Thank you! ;)

Back
Top Bottom