Seems like nobody fishes around here!

I started fishing last year. By started fishing I mean I bought some gear and got a license... I only made it out a couple times and never caught anything. Hopefully I'll have better luck this year. If anyone is planning to fish in Central MA and doesn't mind a newb tagging along let me know.

I'm mostly interested in catching fish good to eat (like trout) but I'm open to anything.

I'm an avid fisherman from the metrowest area - usually catch and release, but I do keep some stocked trout for dinner or an bluefish or striper for dinner now and then. Offshore tuna fishing is exciting whether you hook up or just watch live! I wish my buddy kept his boat.

I fish at local reservior when time allows: UL gear in spinning or light flyrods. I have a lot of surf fishing gear, but have hard time getting out as often as I would like. I try to leave gear in my car and stop to fish whenever the opportunity arises. [grin]

If any one is looking for surf fishing gear send me a pm. [laugh] I've horded a lot over the years and can't use it all. [sad]

I can help out some one who wants to learn. There are some great spots to fish in locally.
I live close to Rt 9 & Rt 495 area.

I'd think it was the wrong time for a popper. Jiggin a crawdad imitation setup works great for me this time or year. I get better luck with topwaters on those steamy hot summer afternoons when the pond just starts cooling off and is relatively still. Twitching a Rapala shallow shad on the top is by and large my best summer bass producer.

I have good luck twitching small Rapala type minnows (black over silver, blue over silver or red head) on the surface early in the season, or slow moving gold Mepp's Aglia spinners. I love using small chartreuse spinnerbaits year around (dinky stuff 1/8 oz or smaller w/ silver colorado blades). Those Beetle Spins work for just about everything, too.

If your line is too old - remove it and fill it up with some fresh line. If you do a search you can find Pure Fishing's Fisherman's Factory Outlet - 20% off coupon, too. [wink]

ALL the mono that is sold today is good stuff IMHO. Even the cheap stuff! If any one near the Framingham area wants a reel(s) filled for free w/ 8 lb mono - I have a MASSIVE spool of it - send me a pm and come over. Fishing is a great family recreation - teaches the kids patience and it gets them away from the tv/video games and out in the fresh air. [grin]

A guy at work fishes the tourneyments for bass and asked me if I want to go on the Triton and join him on his practice day. He won the boat a couple of years ago. Sweet!

Trout, Salmon catch and release fly fish only, mostly streams and rivers. I am not much of a boat fisherman, mostly wading. I will try any kind of fish on the fly.

I live by the Conn. Lakes in northern NH. Conn. River has some monster rainbows and brook trout. The best spot is an area called the "Trophy Stretch " on the Conn. R. in Pittsburg. Fly fish only. Fish Pond in Columbia is always a sure bet for rainbows.

fish.jpg

Been a lot time since I did much fishing. Planning on taking it back up again now that I have a son and need to pass such knowledge on to him.

Stripes, blues, cod, haddock, wolf fish, and flounder. Gonna try tuna for the first time this year. Very excited about the tuna. Any tips or suggestions?

Hooked two nice stripers last night around midnight. They're here!

IMGP0412JPG800.jpg

IMGP0411JPG800.jpg

The red in the second pic is my red LED headlamp, the fish is not bleeding. Both fish were returned safely to the sea to swim for a while longer!

FWIW, that's the rockiest bottom I've ever fished.

Hooked two nice stripers last night around midnight. They're here!

The red in the second pic is my red LED headlamp, the fish is not bleeding. Both fish were returned safely to the sea to swim for a while longer!

FWIW, that's the rockiest bottom I've ever fished.
Were you fishing in the canal?

We fish! [laugh]

we mainly fish fresh water (we have a bass boat) but we also fish for stripers, considering we are on buttermilk bay and are 5 mins from the cc canal.

I love fishing! Fished my entire life...both saltwater and fresh....I am almost embarassed to say that I haven't fished probably more than 2 times in the past 3 years because life has gotten in the way. Mundane things fill my time...working on the house...etc. and the things that I enjoy like fishing suffer...I should grab my fishing rod and head out...

I love fishing! Fished my entire life...both saltwater and fresh....I am almost embarassed to say that I haven't fished probably more than 2 times in the past 3 years because life has gotten in the way. Mundane things fill my time...working on the house...etc. and the things that I enjoy like fishing suffer...I should grab my fishing rod and head out...

GO FISH! That's an order[smile]

I live about 1/2 mile from a reservior and I went through a period where I wouldn't fish it for a few years. Last summer I would fish for 10-20 mins before my daughter got out of day camp and it was a blast! Lots of big yellow perch and sometimes I would land an fat 3.5-4 lb largemouth in there with an occasional 2-3 lb smallmouth.

Fishing isn't about catching - it is relaxing and it just bring back good memories of when I would young and life was simpler.

Stop posting and GO FISH !!!! [smile]

I caught my first three LMB this past weekend. My friend gave me about 15lbs. of assorted plastic baits and 16 spinnerbaits that he replaces every year for tournaments (around 1/5th of what he showed me). I can't imagine taking half of it to the pond with me. I love fishing after midnight with BIG rubber worms.

I went last sunday over to the reservoir along rt 9 in brookline, caught something really small, but there wasn't much out till about 9pm.

Anybody know anywhere good around boston to go?

There are a lot of nice stripped bass caught in Boston Harbor, I don't know if they are into there yet but people fish around umass boston and anywhere they can hit the waters edge

Back
Top Bottom