Seems like nobody fishes around here!

Old Glory, nice job on the tuna my friend. Was that an Accurate reel in the stern rod holder? Squished, nice equipment, the Stella is the balls. We fish for stripers a short while until the tuna show up and don't stop til hunting season in November. They are a very addictive species. Mostly trolling and some run and gun, boated quite a few fish from 56-72 inches and managed 1 giant. I can't wait for this season to kick off.

Old Glory, nice job on the tuna my friend. Was that an Accurate reel in the stern rod holder? Squished, nice equipment, the Stella is the balls. We fish for stripers a short while until the tuna show up and don't stop til hunting season in November. They are a very addictive species. Mostly trolling and some run and gun, boated quite a few fish from 56-72 inches and managed 1 giant. I can't wait for this season to kick off.

Don't leave me at the dock. [wink]

Thanks...it was my second. Still a newb. It s an Avet 30. I also have Shimano 50's but of course they hit the thirty both times. Caught one on an X-Rap and the other on a white 12 inch sluggo. Sounds like you are kicking some ass!

a couple pics from last season
Striped Bass
basspics013.jpg

44 & 46...(lbs.)

Giants
sealnife016.jpg

sealnife015.jpg

502 lbs. (dressed)

glostamon, nice fish dude! Our giant weighed 381lbs. dressed. O'glory we had a pretty good season. I'm curious about what the regs are gonna be for 2010, we caught alot of fish that were bordering the giant category. I have an anglers/recreational license and only allowed 1 giant per year. Over the last few years it seems like the fish we catch have been 3-6 inches longer each year.

White sluggos were key at a dead slow troll, otherwise the 13" black squid bar was the most hit. We were chunking for tuna 5 miles NE of the Isle of Shoals and hooked into a 300lb mako. Now that was some good eating....

I can't find a picture of my boat, its just a 17' bass boat with 50 hp mercury. I go to a bunch of lakes around southeast and central MA. I don't often catch anything huge, just tons of large-mouth about this size.

bass89.jpg

I live on a lake and have caught several Bass over 7 pounds from my backyard. The biggest was 10.

Matter of fact, just this week being ICE OUT, I could probably go out there today and catch 20 or 30 3 pound bass. Almost every ice out we catch dozens of medium size bass.

After I moved to the lake, it got so easy catching fish there, that I started fishing the Canal instead. I've been fishing there for about 15 years steady now. I use chunk bait and chumming, or live eals. I don't use any weight, that's just begging to get hung up. (Though there are some fine sand flats in the canal where you can drop 6 ounces of lead and bottom fish.

About a month from now the Herring will start running in the canal, and by May 12th or so the fishing really should be going full tilt in the canal as the bass Chase in the herring.

I prefer to fish the canal at night, and have several favorite spots. I prefer to fish up to one hour into the incoming tide, and especially that short "miracle" time at the turn.

When fishing at night at the canal. if things are slow, I break out my pellet gun and shoot rats on the rocks. A wounded rat makes good bait on a sharp Gamaguchi hook!!!!

Last edited:
just bought some new bass fishin goods today [smile]

new rod/reel, jigs, tubes, plastics, poppers, line, tackle bag, and other random goods....cant wait till this ice melts

Can't wait for the macs to get here. Livelining macs is awesome. Hopefully this will be a good Spring. The Fall run of bass was not thT great.

Not many bluefish last Summer either.

I used to love fishing, but now in CT the license is $30 because they "Added" saltwater fishing to the license. Just an excuse to bilk more money out of sportsmen. I don't even do any saltwater fishing. As long as I live in CT, I'm through.

Went out yesterday to Ashland State Park. No luck. Didn't really see anything either, not even the little bule-gill/pumpkin seeds that normally swim close by.
Talked to another person there, no luck either. Guess they haven't stocked it yet.

tried 2 diffrent ponds over the past 3 times i went in the last few days nothing at either one one of them is a good producer with a popper and i allways catch a few but its shallow and allways top water even though the bass are small.

the other one i usualy catch at least one sunfish or something with a rubber worm small pond but nothing the past 2 days.

i think everything is a bit too flooded both were way over their banks and i kept getting snagged in trees and random brush but it was fun anyway

I used to love fishing, but now in CT the license is $30 because they "Added" saltwater fishing to the license. Just an excuse to bilk more money out of sportsmen. I don't even do any saltwater fishing. As long as I live in CT, I'm through.

There will soon be a saltwater license everywhere along the coast, federal mandate. If the states won't do it the feds will do it for them under their own rules. Not much left out there without a rule. On another note when I lived in Alaska in the 70's they had no fresh water license only salt.

Bring it on....there are good LM bass in small waters.
(there's got to be a 9, or 10 in there somewhere ;')

I look forward to striper, and blues fishing to.

IMG_2028.jpg
IMG_2026.jpg

If you get on the bait throwing popers at tuna can be exciting too...

Last edited by a moderator:
Took the boat out Sat. for the first run of the year and didn't expect to much. But, we caught fish! Two bass a little over a pound each and three pickerel. I hope this is a sign of a good fishing year to come.

Back
Top Bottom