SBR Loophole?

SBR app requires your CLEO's approval? Not just notification that you applied with the ATF but actual approval?

Yes, requires CLEOs original ink signature on each copy. Also photos, fingerprint cards and a $200 check made out to BATFE.

Then you sit back and wait a year(if you're lucky) for those worthless bastards to process your form and send it back to you, hopefully "approved".

What is the LOP in that configuration?

It is around the second hole on 6 position collapsible stock. I could have set it a bit further back, but I was playing with the Umbrella and the BCM grips and their wacky angles.

That lower is currently set up with a LMT 10.5" upper and I kept it at that LOP since I want the gf to be comfortable with it.

This is how the Borg got started. Starts with a rifle mounted on your arm, then before you know it you've got holographic tachyon sensors for eyeballs.

Cool...

Since the Sig item has gotten a lot more affordable over the recent months, I'm giving it some serious thought.

To drool at all the guns, I stopped at the Pro Shop and they include the buffer tube for $148.80.

I will snap a HD AR pistol with butt cuff pic for this thread before bed.

- - - Updated - - -

How's the Sig "brace" materially different than say, oh a Magpul CTR stock then?

It is a bit more flexible, but it is rigid where it needs to be.

To drool at all the guns, I stopped at the Pro Shop and they include the buffer tube for $148.80.

They do indeed. And if one stops by at the right time before they close you just happen to get lucky and see your good friend who works for SIG in order to get the 37.5% discount on accessories.

WINNING!

Oh and for anyone else who wishes to venture on over to the Pro Shop, they are now out of these braces.

And for that comment, IMHO, you should be banned from this forum. You are promoting an illegal act.

Are you f****** kidding? I thought we were all adults and could make our own decisions.

If he tells you to jump off a cliff will you do it? Because suicide is illegal and he would be promoting an illegal act. Wtf:/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How's the Sig "brace" materially different than say, oh a Magpul CTR stock then?

It isn't collapsing. It isn't hard plastic. It cam be used as a "Stabilizing arm brace" whereas a Magpul CTR cannot. Oh and it only fits pistol buffer tubes. So a Magpul CTR won't fit on a pistol buffer tube or work if you could make it fit because there is no bottom 'rail' with holes for the pin to snap into. I suspect this is one of the key reasons the ATF have been ok with this so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

The third feature would still be "(v) a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm;"

Let us know how the weld job works out.

Wrong. You don't count features at all if it isn't "a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine"

And for that comment, IMHO, you should be banned from this forum. You are promoting an illegal act.

I see the Forum police is at it again !!! [puke]

Ever hear of freedom of speech? So the IMHO's job included censorship ? ntomsw's comment is what he believes and he has every right to say it.

Who are you to dictate to anyone who should be banned ???

Disagree with him, that's your right!

Dictating to the IMHO to ban him, well that speaks volumes about your beliefs in others rights.

Wrong. You don't count features at all if it isn't "a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine"

Right! I'm no lawyer, but I'm fairly literate. If there is no detachable magazine the next list is inconsequential. i.e. I want to take a polymer lower, insert a polymer Israeli pre-ban mag and hold it in place, permanently, with one rivet through the front. It would then be top loaded by pulling a quick release pin at the rear of the receiver. The weapon should NOT have to meet any other demands because it DOES NOT have a detachable magazine. If I'm wrong please explain to me HOW.

I see the Forum police is at it again !!! [puke]

Ever hear of freedom of speech? So the IMHO's job included censorship ? ntomsw's comment is what he believes and he has every right to say it.

Who are you to dictate to anyone who should be banned ???

Disagree with him, that's your right!

Dictating to the IMHO to ban him, well that speaks volumes about your beliefs in others rights.

Its a private forum, no 1a here... granted I agree that he shouldnt be banned, but theres even a sticky thread on this issue.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

I watched a cop walk up to a club member a few years back and ask where he got the firearm, something clearly not AWB compatible. The guy responds "XYZ dealer". The cop laughs and says someday "XYZ dealer" is gonna get screwed over.

A short time later the same cop let my son shoot his duty weapon and gave him some shooting tips. (and yes this guy knew how to shoot...). My son was thrilled.

That's law enforcement at it's finest. Don't sweat the small stuff, don't make felons out of law abiding citizens, and be a good guy.

[rolleyes]

Wow......just wow.......

And you've been a member here since '07, one would think you'd have been around here enough to know how things are, and even how people like the Mods and Derek think towards comments like Ntom. Good luck with getting him banned though, I'm sure it'll go far.

I watched a cop walk up to a club member a few years back and ask where he got the firearm, something clearly not AWB compatible. The guy responds "XYZ dealer". The cop laughs and says someday "XYZ dealer" is gonna get screwed over.

A short time later the same cop let my son shoot his duty weapon and gave him some shooting tips. (and yes this guy knew how to shoot...). My son was thrilled.

That's law enforcement at it's finest. Don't sweat the small stuff, don't make felons out of law abiding citizens, and be a good guy.

Correct response would have been "None of your godamned business, anything else?"

- - - Updated - - -

Is it illegal to have a completed upper with an 11" barrel (without a tax stamp) that could be swapped out with the upper you use that has a 16" barrel?

StevensMarksman

Yes. Possessing the two halves would be constructive intent or some bullshit. Merely having the pcs is enough to get you into trouble. IANAL however, but I'm almost certain that's how it works

HD "pistol"...

1396667563_zps3cc74743.jpg

How do you like that surefire mag... Ive heard mixed things about reliability.

Mike

I heard the same thing, and bought it as a novelty, but it actually runs like a top. 60 round mag dumps make that little gun get real hot. It is a little heavy though.

Id probably run 2 linked mags... if one fails, switch to the other. 30 rounds should be good to get your message accross enough to squeeze a reload in.

Or those 40 round pmags.

XS makes a 50 round drum that is tiny too.

Mike

Id probably run 2 linked mags... if one fails, switch to the other. 30 rounds should be good to get your message accross enough to squeeze a reload in.

Or those 40 round pmags.

XS makes a 50 round drum that is tiny too.

Mike

There is a 40 round PMAG on the night stand, I got it covered. [wink]

ATF confirms it is legal to shoulder fire an AK/AR pistol with the Sig arm brace from the shoulder.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...atf-confirms-firing-ar-15-pistol-shoulder-ok/

Definition of a Loophole - "A loophole is an ambiguity in a system, such as a law or security, which can be used to circumvent or otherwise avoid the intent, implied or explicitly stated, of the system." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loophole

My Take; There is "NO" ambiguity with the ATF's letter, or what it has stated. The facts are clear, their statement is clear, they have clarified their viewpoint and their interpretation.

A "Loophole" ... this is NOT.

IMHO = Stop associating this sig-brace + AR Pistol concept, with SBR's.

Last edited:
Constructive Possession is FUD, isn't really about "construction" as such.

StevensMarksman said:
Is it illegal to have a completed upper with an 11" barrel (without a tax stamp) that could be swapped out with the upper you use that has a 16" barrel?
Yes. Possessing the two halves would be constructive intent or some bullshit. Merely having the pcs is enough to get you into trouble. IANAL however, but I'm almost certain that's how it works.
It's complex, and not commonly prosecuted. Generally you are fine so long as there is some legitimate, lawful purpose or assemblage for the parts you have (the Thompson Center decision). In non-AWB states, that means you are OK possessing short uppers as long as you also have "pistol" lowers in at least a 1-1 ratio.

See [thread=233738]the earlier thread[/thread].

Good to know. 75gr TAP?

My 300AAc sbr that im waitin on the form 1 for will likely find a home as a house carbine.

Mike

Good to know. 75gr TAP?

My 300AAc sbr that im waitin on the form 1 for will likely find a home as a house carbine.

Mike

I am probably going to buy some fancy HD ammo at some point, but right now my mags are all loaded with 855 since that is what I have been stacking.

Back
Top Bottom