• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Safes

Unless you have a garage that's got climate control I would suggest against that...too many humidity and temp fluctuations.

I agree. I do know people who put theirs in the garage and havn't had any problems, but I would only consider this if there was no other possibility

Have a liberty Franklin 35 i bought at Center sports in columbia in CT much cheaper than anyone around i picked it up and two of my buddies and me got it into my basement through a door and down the stairs, 845 pounds and the three of us all weight under 200 pounds each it was easy if you use alittle brain rigging straps a winch and a truck :) but they have much smaller safes too.

Locate the zero on an electronic lock and you can find your combo in the dark, do it all the time
there is a rope light in mine on all the time,can find what I want in 2 second's.

Rob, I understand what you are saying. But I have had no such problems with my electronic dials in daily use for 5+ years.

It's a matter of probabilities. I have a safe with an electronic lock going on 16 years without a single glitch.

Another point probably worth mentioning... Figure out the biggest safe you think you'll need, and then try and get a bigger one.

My safe seemed huge but now it is cramped [wink]

Alright I'll give them a shot, I'm trying to go 'concealed' meaning hide it where I can in my basement because it's full of shit.. I have some sneaky little spots so dimensions are my limiting factor now, will fit the biggest safe.

I have always thought a concrete filled cinder block wall on the end of the house with a vault door would be the best long term solution. Get a vault door, and you have a whole gun room.

Back
Top Bottom