• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Safe Ideas

Horrible

NES Member
So, I have a Stack-On gun cabinet (similar to this one http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stack-On-8-Gun-Ready-to-Assemble-Cabinet/14222212) and am constantly struggling with storage. I have mags and locks and what not scattered on the floor where the butts of my rifles need to be sitting.

Let me first say that I am not handy at all. I work a desk job and the extent of my home improvement abilites are changing light bulbs and mowing the lawn.

So, I shopped around for storage ideas and found an inexpensive way to solve my problem. I purchased an over-the-door shoe organizer from the Wal-Mart home storage section similar to this one http://www.walmart.com/ip/Household...r-the-Door-Shoe-Organizer-in-Natural/15712051.

Because the organizer was too large I had to cut it down to fit the door of my gun cabinet. I had to cut some holes in the bottom with my pocket knife because I didn't have a hole punch. I used string to tie the organizer to the door. I used some of the holes in door to string the shoe holder thingee up and used the pockets for mag storage and accessory storage.

I picked up an easy tip from a thread about 6 months ago that helped me add a light to my very dark gun cabinet. Anyway, I hope this maybe helps someone out there with a cheap and easy solution.

Smart idea...thanks for posting that. I'm actually thinking of picking up the stack-on 8 or 10 gun cabinet as well since I have limited space and I'm planning to be making more long-gun purchases in the near future.

Smart idea...thanks for posting that. I'm actually thinking of picking up the stack-on 8 or 10 gun cabinet as well since I have limited space and I'm planning to be making more long-gun purchases in the near future.

Good deal. For the price you can't go wrong. I think that the 10-gun one comes assembled. I bought the 8-gun cabinet and you do need to assemble it (not difficult assembly).

Glad my post gave you some ideas. As I said in my first post on this thread, another poster about 6 months ago talked about how he had added a light to his safe. And as dumb as it sounds, the thought never crossed my mind until reading his post. Now, I don't know what I would do without having a light in my gun cabinet.

Back
Top Bottom