• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for ammo storage ideas

Martinilover

NES Member
Looking for some convenient ammo storage ideas. I have been using a few large military metal boxes with clamp on lids and locks but it’s a pain to access and a pain to sort through stuff. I think they are old rocket or mortar boxes. Please share ideas and or pictures of things you have found convenient.

Ammo is heavy, I have several steel cabinets 3'X6'X2' but learned that I have to put in additional supports in the middle of all the shelves so they don't sag and pull out from the side "catches" the shelves rest on. Also you need to have them evenly support because, once they are filled, all the weight can cause them to distort, making the doors difficult to open/close. And these were the heaviest. duty steel cabinets I could get from Home Depot, I think each shelf was supposed to support 200 lbs.

At the next house I will have a locking room in my basement and get a few of these (and put plywood on the wire shelves), which can support 1800 lbs per shelf.

Looking for some convenient ammo storage ideas. I have been using a few large military metal boxes with clamp on lids and locks but it’s a pain to access and a pain to sort through stuff. I think they are old rocket or mortar boxes. Please share ideas and or pictures of things you have found convenient.
If the ammo are calibers I shoot I will gladly store it for you.

I got a few of these from Lowes and just toss the original ammo boxes in. I labeled the front of each indicating what calibers are in them. They also come with a hole in the back so I run dry rods out the back and used expanding foam to close the gaps. Figure I should make an attempt to thwart moisture.

9CB8B25A-D58E-4666-9B2D-55CABE3C94F3.jpeg

Is there a way to check if they have them at my local store?

It is only like 10min away, but I would rather that than have them shipped. But I am also being lazy! lol.

I have so many reloading supplies, I started to organize all my reloading stuff by caliber and using ammo boxes. So looking at grabbing a couple of these.

Just ammo cans in a pile in the basement right now. Will eventually build shelves for them.

No need for locks, it's just small arms.

This! After years of various plastic and metal cans with locks scattered around the place, I finally got a cabinet (off Amazon) and couldn't be happier. Everything is neatly organized, easy to find, plenty of space...

Same, I got a cabinet at Lowes, so much better.

I have been getting the small Apache case from Harbor Freight when the go on sale for under $10.
I have about 30 of them now.

You can fit six 30 round Magpul AR mag in there or bulk pack from reloading.

Malodave

here:

do I get a finders fee?

Back
Top Bottom