S&W Shield recall?

Ungood. Just checked mine and it does have that problem (purchased earlier this month). On mine that little tab never comes back down.

Glad I listened to my gut and never bought a Shield 9mm...

Hope you guys get your firearms straightened out. And for those whose only CCW is the Shield, damn.

Awesome you guys and gals didn't have any issue. And yeah most people don't just have one gun but I was talking about CCWs.

S&W must be a cluster**** today with calls/emails. How come Glock/Springfield never has recalls [wink]
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/general-discussion/220250-xds-recall-45-acp-9x19.html
Eat your words yet Al?
Word of advice, stop acting like everything you buy is a godsend, and that all others have made horrible mistakes with their purchase. [wink]

The fit of my Springfield XD40 is amazing and it's the most reliable gun I own. The shield 9 feels like it grinds on the rails and has a whoreable MA trigger, yet it is on par for one of the most reliable guns I own(200rds?). I just haven't put 900 rounds through it like I have my XD.

Well I would definitely rather have my stupid trigger safety not work than have a discharge loading my chamber. I can see how that would go. Safety check my gun, unload it, show it to a buddy while explaining the importance of gun safety. He hands the gun back to me. I insert the magazine with critical defense rounds, looking with a smile I say "I always carry with 1 in the chamber". As I rack my slide I have no idea what is to come. Damn I miss my big toe.
dydaje5e.jpg

I ****ing promise you if my G19 gets recalled I'll start WWIII myself.

Glock doesn't issue recalls. Ever.

Doesn't mean they haven't had recall-worthy events, though. (For example, it would have made sense for them to recall Gen4 G17 shipments when that gun was released... ) Glock just waits until users suffer and then they (usually) fix shit silently when the users send their guns in. [laugh]

-Mike

Mike , true [rofl]

Whatever I give up. Luckily I'm ordering myself a new present after work today to make up for all my troubles. Gon get somethin real nice.

P.s. not a Russian mail order bride [sad2]

Glock doesn't issue recalls. Ever.

Doesn't mean they haven't had recall-worthy events, though. (For example, it would have made sense for them to recall Gen4 G17 shipments when that gun was released... ) Glock just waits until users suffer and then they (usually) fix shit silently when the users send their guns in. [laugh]

-Mike

Don't know about Springfield, but you're right about Glock. They never have recalls... just recommended "upgrade programs" like the recent one for malfunctioning Gen4 recoil springs, and a number of others you can see here. [wink]

You heard it here first, folks! [thumbsup]

Whatever I give up. Luckily I'm ordering myself a new present after work today to make up for all my troubles. Gon get somethin real nice.

As reliable as your other choices?

Hi-Point%209.JPG

[smile]

Received the official letter from S&W today about the trigger problem. Came with an example of what to look for and how to check if your gun is effected, just like what was posted here about a month ago.

Back
Top Bottom