S&W sales plummet

This can only be a direct result of all the plastic and P.O.S. pocket style mouse guns they came out with. I know some folks just can't admit it but A P.O. S. At any price is still crap!
There are several that come to mind and there is always a page full of them right here on NES.
They all say the same, " perfect like new condition with very low round count" blah blah blah.
The round count is low because it sucked total ass from the first round you fired. LOL!

This can only be a direct result of all the plastic and P.O.S. pocket style mouse guns they came out with. I know some folks just can't admit it but A P.O. S. At any price is still crap!
There are several that come to mind and there is always a page full of them right here on NES.
They all say the same, " perfect like new condition with very low round count" blah blah blah.
The round count is low because it sucked total ass from the first round you fired. LOL!

I disagree, most shops I have talked to have said that gun sales have been falling. I would refer to this as more of a correction. Sales are just returning back to pre-panic days.

Buy low.
After November when crapstorm 2 starts it will go up again [sad2].
Don't think our fearless leader has thrown in the towel yet.
The man takes no about as well as a date rapist.

- - - Updated - - -

S&W has had those locks on their revolvers for many years now, and I simply don't see that being the cause of declining sales. Do you have a cite for the lock activating when it wasn't supposed to? I have a 4" S&W 500 and I shoot full power loads through it, and it has never locked on me.

I'll never buy one with that crap on it.
To each their own though.

The original BG380 is a terrible ****ing gun, but that alone, wouldn't be enough to explain the tapering of sales. The market is starting to get saturated, and all the pant shitting hysterics types are finally out of cash now.

-Mike

S&W may have a falling off in sales due to their failures with their trigger locking system and putting them out on their revolvers.

Those locks have been out, (and ****ing up periodically) before Obama was in office, so I don't think that has much to do with it.

-Mike

OK, so some cases. But out of how many thousands of guns? What is the incidence rate?

Don't take this as pro-lock. I think they're useless and stupid, and I purposely bought a J-frame that didn't have one. But I hardly think that the lock can be attributable to this recent decline in sales, as the poster I was replying to was suggesting.

1) I really don't know the incidence rate. If I owned a S&W revolver with the lock (all mine are pre-lock), I'd open up the side plate and take the damn thing out, but that's just me.

2) I agree with you. S&W starting the lock thing long before the run up in sales and the decline had nothing to do with them.

- - - Updated - - -

But will S&W or CIA bugger up the sights?

Could CIA distribute a product without buggering it up in one way or another?

Last edited:
1) I really don't know the incidence rate.

2) I agree with you. S&W starting the lock thing long before the run up in sales and the decline had nothing to do with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Could CIA distribute a product without buggering it up in one way or another?
No, they have to put their trademark screw job on it.

Firearm sales are down, inventory is up. The used market is forcing prices down. Good for folks with cash flow, sucks for those without flow. I'm currently in the suck league and been doing a lot of window shopping lately. Economy sucks. Can I use a EBT card at a gun shop?

My guess is that gun prices are low for now, but that Hillary Clinton's campaign in 2016 will make things start to pick up, and if she gets elected we'll be right back to bare ammo shelves and low inventory on guns.

$79?!?!? I can buy pre ban square notch glock mags for less then that! I'll stick to the $20 10 rounders thanks.

As pdm reminded me in a private note, HK magazines are expensive because they are so good you can put the boolits in backwards:

badbrochure.jpg

1) I really don't know the incidence rate. If I owned a S&W revolver with the lock (all mine are pre-lock), I'd open up the side plate and take the damn thing out, but that's just me.

The incident rate isn't terribly high, but it's enough to be a non-zero possibility. I've seen pics on S&W forum and sigforum of people with ****ed up revolvers where the lock got stuck midway through firing, etc. Strangely enough it seemed to happen more often on 357 magnums than other guns, but that could just be due to the rate of purchase compared to other calibers. I have yet to see a pic where someone locked up a .44 or a .500, but doesn't mean it hasn't happened. The other day a friend of mine was watching some other guy shoot a new .500 at the range and the gun locked up, but the failure didn't appear to be related to the ILS system, because they could still
move the lock back and forth, the cylinder just refused to rotate.

-Mike

The other day a friend of mine was watching some other guy shoot a new .500 at the range and the gun locked up, but the failure didn't appear to be related to the ILS system, because they could still move the lock back and forth, the cylinder just refused to rotate.

That might have been ammo related.

I'm still pissed at S&W since they got all cozy with the Clintons around the turn of the Millennium...

They will do it again too when "smart guns" become manditory...

I'm still pissed at S&W since they got all cozy with the Clintons around the turn of the Millennium...

They will do it again too when "smart guns" become manditory...

Yes, keep carrying that old bag of shit around, that doesn't even apply to the current ownership. [rofl] This is like the people complaining about Bill Ruger Sr.... news flash... the guy is dead. And Tomkins PLC hasn't owned S&W since like a quarter of this forum was using diapers.

-Mike

Yes, keep carrying that old bag of shit around, that doesn't even apply to the current ownership. [rofl] This is like the people complaining about Bill Ruger Sr.... news flash... the guy is dead. And Tomkins PLC hasn't owned S&W since like a quarter of this forum was using diapers.

-Mike

Best. Post. Ever. [laugh]

BTW, according to Business Insider, the drop at S&W is in long gun sales. Hand guns sales are still brisk. Lot's of new shooters are buying handguns for self defense. The two biggest demographics are young women and minorities. Something Pro 2A groups and gun clubs should keep in mind.

-Mike

Wat? Smith & Wesson no longer owned by Smith OR Wesson?
I'm appalled...
Next you're gonna tell me that neither a Harley nor a Davidson own the Motor Co.

Ok Mike, maybe "pissed" was a little strong. How about irked?

Ok Mike, maybe "pissed" was a little strong. How about irked?

Why? The executives who made that idiotic decision are long since gone.

Are you still pissed at Ruger because of what Bill Ruger, Sr., did more than 20 years ago? If not, why not? Why the inconsistency?

Yes, I was very unhappy with Bill Ruger and S&W.
I felt that they had sold out to the Administration in order to jockey for the position of
"Government-Approved Gun Makers"
Was I the only one not happy with that situation?
Did you support Bill and the boys at S&W in those olden times?

Yes, I was very unhappy with Bill Ruger and S&W.
I felt that they had sold out to the Administration in order to jockey for the position of
"Government-Approved Gun Makers"
Was I the only one not happy with that situation?
Did you support Bill and the boys at S&W in those olden times?

You are missing the key words: "was" and "still". Was I pissed at Bill Ruger, Sr? Yes, I was. Am I still pissed at Sturm, Ruger? No, because the guy who made those decisions, Bill Ruger, Sr., died years ago and they have taken a different path since then.

Was I pissed at S&W? Yes, I was. Am I still pissed at S&W? No, because the morons who made those decisions have long since left the company and they have taken a different path since then.

Back
Top Bottom