• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W is horrible

So like 3 months ago I found out from a SFC in the army that S&W offers military a 40% discount on firearms. So I called and spoke with the women who handles it. She quoted me a price of $860 including all taxes and shipping etc. I told her awesome I'll take it she said "I have to talk to the VP because we need to make some changes to the order form, I'll take down your information and notify you when you can order the rifle" I said ok. When I hadn't heard from her in about 3 weeks I called her back. She said conveniently she had just finished the order form and she wanted me to refresh her memory on what firearm I wanted. I told her the M&P Rifle and told her the price she quoted me. She replied with "Oh, I'm sorry we don't offer the discount on that anymore, its only on the M&P Pistol" When we hung up the phone I said this is BS, (I'm persistant) so I called and spoke with a supervisor, told him the whole story of what happened, he said he would see what he could do and it looked like he'd be able to squeeze my order in due to the circumstances. He told me if I hadn't heard from him in 2 weeks to call back, well 2 weeks later i called back and he was never in his office, it was insane trying to get him on the phone. He directed me back to that same women. After contacting her she told me she would speak with the VP and see what he says. About 3 weeks later and 15 calls to her she said the VP said "no". The moral to my story is if she let me order it when I called I would have gotten the discount, but because she put me off i got screwed out of it. I will never buy another S&W firearm as long as I live and will bad mouth them all day long. I don't know why anyone would want to do business with a company like that. [angry]

Last edited:
That sucks....It really puts me off when phone calls arent answered/returned...I hear where you're coming from.

On the other hand, I've had decent interactions with S&W, not great, but I've always gotten my little accessories for free (pinky extenders, junk like that), after short convos... so no complaints!

It sucks you had a horrible experience with the company, but sadly you never know who you will be dealing with on the other end. She may be some nut who hates guns but doesn't mind taking a paycheck from a big company. Just look at one of the members of PETA, they are against animals for medical use yet one of the big wigs depends on pig insulin and has no qualms about using it.

Not saying this is the case, but every company has asshats like the one you discussed, some more than others.

I have had good luck with them with their lifetime warranty; I have had two pistols, purchased used, and both of them were repaired for free, no questions asked.

thats too bad! i have had excellent customer service from S&W..when i had to send back my 1911 to get a new slide..they sent me a shipping label and got it back to me in with in a week. i was impressed!

I have had good luck with them with their lifetime warranty; I have had two pistols, purchased used, and both of them were repaired for free, no questions asked.

My experience as well..... Service department is great..... Recently had my SW1911 repaired for a problem that I caused when I added an aftermarket component without properly fitting it.... They did the fitting and returned it to me free of charge....

So like 3 months ago I found out from a SFC in the army that S&W offers military a 40% discount on firearms. So I called and spoke with the women who handles it. She quoted me a price of $860 including all taxes and shipping etc. I told her awesome I'll take it she said "I have to talk to the VP because we need to make some changes to the order form, I'll take down your information and notify you when you can order the rifle" I said ok. When I hadn't heard from her in about 3 weeks I called her back. She said conveniently she had just finished the order form and she wanted me to refresh her memory on what firearm I wanted. I told her the M&P Rifle and told her the price she quoted me. She replied with "Oh, I'm sorry we don't offer the discount on that anymore, its only on the M&P Pistol" When we hung up the phone I said this is BS, (I'm persistant) so I called and spoke with a supervisor, told him the whole story of what happened, he said he would see what he could do and it looked like he'd be able to squeeze my order in due to the circumstances. He told me if I hadn't heard from him in 2 weeks to call back, well 2 weeks later i called back and he was never in his office, it was insane trying to get him on the phone. He directed me back to that same women. After contacting her she told me she would speak with the VP and see what he says. About 3 weeks later and 15 calls to her she said the VP said "no". The moral to my story is if she let me order it when I called I would have gotten the discount, but because she put me off i got screwed out of it. I will never buy another S&W firearm as long as I live and will bad mouth them all day long. I don't know why anyone would want to do business with a company like that. [angry]

Fixed it for ya.

Situation sucks, but S&W has always done right by me.

I will never buy another S&W firearm as long as I live and will bad mouth them all day long. I don't know why anyone would want to do business with a company like that. [angry]

That's odd, one of my friends just got his discounted AR from S&W. He said that they were very easy to deal with and threw in some accessories for free.

You should call again

ETA: my friend went to S&W to get the discount, I guess you need to go there

Last edited:
Gun, firearm, weapon, what is the difference? This is North East Shooters not the friggin political correctness forum.

It sounds like the saleswomans fault and not S&W...i really like S&W and have never had a problem with their customer service....don't get mad at them because I am sure that many military members thoroughly enjoyed that 40% discount.... think about that one before you start bashing an otherwise good friend to our "pickle suit" wearing brethren

S&W CUST. SERV.

Stop whining-move on, Smith&Wesson has got to be one of the best companys ive ever dealt with,(warrantee issues,repair,returns,parts,)all done free of charge,overnight postage paid for by them,plus they are one of the best firearm manufacturers out there,so what are you gonna buy now? Glocks[rofl] Good luck!

S&W has always treated me very well.

I ordered 3 AR lowers from them, came in quicker than expected and the price was great.
It was a little hard getting hold of the 1 guy who does the ordering but he never forgot about me.

I sent one pistol back to them, received it back promptly

Several years ago I purchased a revolver from one of the local dealers. It had a problem with the hammer hitting the side of the frame when it dropped and put a decent gouge in the frame. I sent it back to them five times for repair. Each time they said it was fixed. Then it became "its within spec."

After two months of going back and forth they finally replaced the entire gun with a new one. Other than that I have had good luck with the many S&W round guns that I have.

Gun, firearm, weapon, what is the difference?

Difference is in how the tool is used.

Sounds like you got a bad apple. I have only good things to say about them. Hope it all works out for you in the end.

S+W isn't perfect, but I think it helps if you put things in perspective.

For example, try to get Para Ord to fix one of their 1911s correctly... it's cheaper to just get a local gunsmith to fix the thing. [laugh]

Or, for that matter, trying to get a USP sear spring from HK. Getting water or blood from a pile of rocks is far easier.

I've heard of problems with S+Ws CS, but I've also heard a lot of good things about it, too- namely, that when stuff breaks, they at least try to fix your stuff quickly, and with minimal hassle. They even let you drop stuff off at the factory. (A lot of manufs don't let you do this at all, even if it is local... )

-Mike

I have found S&W, SIG, and Ruger to have excellent CS. And I have experience with Colt and H&K and they have been the worst CS ever and I'm not limiting it to just firearms.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as most everyone else - Smith and Wessons customer service has been excellent. My CT grips were missing an elevation screw, I called S&W and received a new set of grips before I even mailed my old ones out...

I'm not sure if Julie Goloski still heads up consumer affairs, or Club 1871, but she does have a website - perhaps you should drop her an E-Mail...

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as most everyone else - Smith and Wessons customer service has been excellent. My CT grips were missing an elevation screw, I called S&W and received a new set of grips before I even mailed my old ones out...

I'm not sure if Julie Goloski still heads up consumer affairs, or Club 1871, but she does have a website - perhaps you should drop her an E-Mail...

I will thanks man

That sucks. I've had only good interactions with S&W customer service though. Maybe you just got an assclown on the phone.

Back
Top Bottom