• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W 327 trigger scratching the frame all to hell

I just picked up a S&W performance center 327 and I'm having an issue with the trigger scratching the frame all to hell. The peg protruding from the back of the trigger is coming into contact with with the frame when the trigger is pulled. Has anyone experienced this and resolved the problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
View attachment 98736View attachment 98737

Just put the gun down and lock it in the safe. There will be no scratch incident in the future. [wink]

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Well, it's an over travel stop. It's supposed to contact the frame. The finish is scandium. It's scratches. Don't like it? complain to Smith & Wesson.

Maybe put something over the back of the trigger, like a piece of electrical tape? Just something to stop the metal to metal contact.

I have a support ticket open with S&W but in the meantime I'm using ultra thin medical tape because anything thicker prevents hammer from falling. Thanks for the help.

Nope. Found it in the back of the safe and thought I'd use it.

Then try to find the touch up paint included by the manufacturer. It's might hiding under the pile of ammo.

I saw one in FS. The employee was dry firing it. I will blame him for dry humping the trigger.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Back
Top Bottom