S.1401 Heads to Governor's Desk

I'm tired of hearing all this "Run away 'cause things suck here" crap. Soon there will be nowhere left to run. Then what? NH isn't the promised land. And, there are plenty of good things about Mass that I'm not willing to toss away to the taxandspendocrats. NH is great. I eally liked it when I lived there but... libs like to move there too [thinking]
Do something!

be careful with those words....ask me how I know.

The approach that we are taking is not working. Can't anybody see that. We have to do something different. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Submitting bills is not working. We don't have the clout. We need help. We need to try something different.

I have it! We can all gather together to mourn the loss of the guns we can no longer buy in Massachusetts with some primal scream therapy:
http://hotair.com/archives/2008/09/...es-mourn-dead-trees-with-primal-screams-clip/

Could invite him to a pumpkin shoot and let him actually TRY one of the things he wants to get rid of. It's hard not to smile after making pumpkin pudding with a machine gun.

ps. Yes, I know - it would never work with someone like him.

Actually that isn't such a bad idea, people fear things they don't know. It may be a pipe dream but I wouldn't discount it.

I'm getting a little tired of your constant ragging on GOAL about them not doing anything. G-d helps those how help themselves.
If you disagree with me, I suggest you discuss the issues rather than engange in an ad hominum attack. I have never said GOAL doesn't do anything - they do quite a lot. I have discussed specific issues - if you disagree with the points I have raised on either of them, I suggest you respond on subject rather than tell us all you are "tired" of my commentary. I will be glad to engate in civilized discussion on issues such as this, however, suggesting that I should shut up since you are "getting tired" does not meet the criteria of polite dialogue.

I have only "ragged" on GOAL on two things. One was the issue of the "reason for issuance" being changed to "restriction". That was a bad move, which was easily forseeable.

The only thing I have asserted that GOAL has not done is provide us with timely updates as to what was killing, and apparently has killed, 1401.

As to the later - it is well known that GOAL follows the NES forum and has posted into this specific thread (post #34). Additional posts have come from at least one person very well connected with GOAL. As such, it was not unreasonable to ask one of the participants in this thread (GOAL) to comment. A vital piece of legislation has apparently been killed and, although GOAL posted to ask for our assitance we have not received any update as to what had happened to kill it, who the players were, etc.

Last edited:
I just got an update from Angie at GOAL, I don't think the bill is dead, it's just being held up by the MCOPA with some BS complaints. Per the email, I called Rep DiMasi and Sen Murray's offices and told the call takers that I was a citizen and a voter, that I want S1401 enacted, and I wanted to remind the Rep/Senator that the chiefs are civil servants who work for US and are not to interfere with civil rights.

I can no longer find the link that showed how individual legislators voted on this bill. I know my so-called Rep. Willie May Allen voted NO along with the usual Boston Bullies. Her office called me last week to ask for my support during her re-election and I told the caller that I had sent several letters to WMA and never received a response. I noted that she had voted "No" on S 1401. I stated that even if WMA didn't agree with me, she should have the courtesy to acknowledge my communication and explain her opposition.
The caller asked me what "my issue" was and when I told her she asked if the number she called me at was the number to reach me with a response. DUH? There's no surprise coming-I did not get a return call. As part of my protest, I am writing in my own name for State Rep. It's not going to make me feel any better. I'm not filling in the dot for these useless people who forgot that they're elected to serve the people not themselves.
Best Regards.

The reply I got from my Senator:

Hello Mr. *copterdoctor*.
I am really not sure what happened. Its not dead from what I understand, but It looks like it is being held up in the House.
Thanks for your support.
Regards,
Scott Brown

Back
Top Bottom