• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S.1401 Heads to Governor's Desk

Massachusetts: Emergency Powers Legislation Heads to the Desk of Governor Patrick!
Please Contact Governor Patrick TODAY!

S.1401, "An Act Prohibiting the Confiscation of Lawfully Owned Firearms During a State of Emergency", sponsored by State Senator Richard T. Moore (Worcester and Norfolk), passed out of the State House of Representatives and now heads to Governor Deval Patrick (D) for his signature.

S.1401 would protect our Second Amendment rights by prohibiting any government agency from confiscating or regulating the lawful sale, possession, transfer, transport and carry of firearms during a state of emergency, such as occurred in New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina.

Please contact Governor Patrick’s office TODAY at (617) 725-4000 and respectfully urge him to sign S.1401.

I will call...

although i have no respect for the man and don't think that my call will sway him one way or another... it is very evident that he could give a rat's ass about the people.

But i will still call and be respecful. [smile]

I suspect that they're getting a lot of calls... as soon as I started to say that I was calling about S1401, the aide interrupted me with a "Thank you!" and it sounded like she was about ready to hang up - but I kept on and told her that I wanted him to sign it, anyway.

Keep up the pressure, folks!!

If the Devil signs this, does it mean that he recognizes an individual right and he doesn't agree with the SJC's opinion?

I suspect that they're getting a lot of calls... as soon as I started to say that I was calling about S1401, the aide interrupted me with a "Thank you!" and it sounded like she was about ready to hang up - but I kept on and told her that I wanted him to sign it, anyway.

Keep up the pressure, folks!!

Same here!

I called and spoke to a baby voiced aide. Simply stated, "My name and I'm calling to respectfully urge Governor Patrick to sign S. 1401. Thank you."
Aide's reply: "Ok thank you for calling."
If he doesn't sign this into law, to me it will mean that he has no respect for law abiding citizens and doesn't care for our well being at any time, let alone during a state wide emergency situation.

If he doesn't sign this into law, to me it will mean that he has no respect for law abiding citizens and doesn't care for our well being at any time, let alone during a state wide emergency situation.

BWAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA!

That's the funniest thing I have heard today! Whoooo, good lord my sides hurt! To even imply that the no talent having hack of a liberal spending machine like devil patrick gives a damn about your feelings or well being is pretty DAMN funny. I mean c'mon, you have a job, take care of yourself and family and don't rely on public assistance. Why would he care about you?

Oops! [smile]Of course I know he doesn't care about me or you. But he does care about his core constituancy, doesn't he?
I'm glad you got a chuckle from my foolish comment.

Best Regards.

NRA-ILA Alert

Massachusetts: Emergency Powers Legislation Heads to the Desk of Governor Patrick!

Please Contact Governor Patrick TODAY!
S.1401, "An Act Prohibiting the Confiscation of Lawfully Owned Firearms During a State of Emergency", sponsored by State Senator Richard T. Moore (Worcester and Norfolk), passed out of the State House of Representatives and now heads to Governor Deval Patrick (D) for his signature.

S.1401 would protect our Second Amendment rights by prohibiting any government agency from confiscating or regulating the lawful sale, possession, transfer, transport and carry of firearms during a state of emergency, such as occurred in New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina.

Please contact Governor Patrick’s office TODAY at (617) 725-4000 and respectfully urge him to sign S.1401.
--------------------------------------------

When I called, they said they are recieving many calls, so this is good news! Keep calling!

Just called, the "governor's aid" that took the call didn't even ask for my name -- he said they have "received so many calls that they are just trying to get a tally for the governor". I was glad to hear that at first, but now I'm wondering if that just makes it easier for them to "miss-count" -- I don't trust politicians any farther then I can through them and while I go the gym everyday, you know what Sen Kennedy looks like!

cheers,
Chuck

I thought that after the fee decrease bill got shot down, free 'em all deval submitted his own free increase bill in spite of that. Now that his fee increase bill got shot down, you have to be a little bit worried that this one might be the victim of the same tit for tat crap.

I called and as others have stated spoke to nice person that said he will get the message. Gentlemen wished me a wonderful weekend which was nice.

Just called in. The aid said he'll pass my support along to the govenors office. He did sound excited about the call and said "Thank you very much, have a terriffic weekend" Maybe he is a gunowner. Deval is going to do what he wants, we all know that. Maybe he'll sign it and maybe he wont but we need to keep calling so that he knows just how many votes he will not be getting next time around.

Thanks for posting this! I just got off the phone with his office and spoke to a nice woman who said she would "pass my message along to the governor".

Call, call, call!!

If the Devil signs this, does it mean that he recognizes an individual right and he doesn't agree with the SJC's opinion?

No, it doesn't. The truth will lie, and will be evident, if and when the local police show up at your door, during a local "emergency" to confiscate your weapons..."in the interest of public safety" and for the "common good". I hope we never see that situation....it could get ugly.

I spoke with GOAL yesterday, who said they don't know of anyone who opposes this legislation.

I also called my rep's office Thursday to ask them to amend the bill to include some language for restitution if things do confiscated. Sure, there is a penalty, but there is no reimbursement or payback if it does happen. I can't believe this was left out!

I spoke with GOAL yesterday, who said they don't know of anyone who opposes this legislation.

I also called my rep's office Thursday to ask them to amend the bill to include some language for restitution if things do confiscated. Sure, there is a penalty, but there is no reimbursement or payback if it does happen. I can't believe this was left out!

If it does happen I'll either end up dead or I'll end up alive with my stuff depending on how the fight goes. Only people who do not believe that it is their duty to protect the constitution and their own God-given rights will have to worry about a restitution clause.

Back
Top Bottom