S.1401 Heads to Governor's Desk

I'm tired of hearing all this "Run away 'cause things suck here" crap. Soon there will be nowhere left to run. Then what? NH isn't the promised land. And, there are plenty of good things about Mass that I'm not willing to toss away to the taxandspendocrats. NH is great. I eally liked it when I lived there but... libs like to move there too [thinking]
Do something!

Revolution is the only answer.

How about secession? The only hard part would be figuring out the dividing line between East and West Massachusetts.

I'm thinking Route 495. The Connecticut River would be a more definitive boundary, but we'd be throwing too many babies out with the bathwater in Worcester County.

The capital could be, say, Otis.

Decisions, decisions.....

Last edited:
I'm tired of hearing all this "Run away 'cause things suck here" crap. Soon there will be nowhere left to run. Then what? NH isn't the promised land. And, there are plenty of good things about Mass that I'm not willing to toss away to the taxandspendocrats. NH is great. I eally liked it when I lived there but... libs like to move there too [thinking]
Do something!

See Post #91

How about succession?
See also: Alaskan Independence Party. If Obama wins, secession will be the only option short of armed insurrection, and Alaska seems to have made a good start. There have been other "movements" as well, including some hippies in Vermont, and a "New England Union" group as well, which I've lost track of.

None of these movements ever got far, though. Most recently the Free State Project has been taking a kindler, gentler approach to secession, seeking only to transform a rural state in order to create a libertarian paradise. It ain't working out.

The only hard part would be figuring out the dividing line between East and West Massachusetts.

I'm thinking Route 495. The Connecticut River would be a more definitive boundary, but we'd be throwing too many babies out with the bathwater in Worcester County.

The capital could be, say, Otis.

[sarcasm] I think that Peru would be a better choice. We'd have access to the Chesterfield Boy Scout Reservation and still be an easy commute to the economic citadel of Pittsfield. [/sarcasm]

But seriously, folks. The day may come in your lifetime that you have to back up words with deeds. Simply growling that "they'll never git my guns" is not going to cut it. If you live in Massachusetts, and many other jurisdictions, the gummint already "has" your guns, and has ruled out a whole bunch more. And ruled out ammo. And ruled out magazines. It's got so you can't even order a goddam hardcase from Midway if it says "Glock" on it.

Another poster, in another thread, referred to "confiscation by attrition". It's happening. It's past time to talk of sedition. It's time to plan for it.

Moderators: Please move this post the the Super Secret Secret Cell thread, where the AG wont see it.

Do something!

You do something, if you like. I've got 20, maybe 25, years left on this earth and I have no interest in wasting them in this commie shithole. Yes, New Hampshire will eventually succumb to the influx of Ma**h***s and become a commie shithole as well - but not in my lifetime, and frankly I don't give a damn what happens after that.

...Yes, New Hampshire will eventually succumb to the influx of Ma**h***s and become a commie shithole as well -...

I'm betting it won't - the righteous folk will boot out the libs and/or secede.

The right of secession was written into the NH constitution.

That's my primary reason for moving there.

I've had enough.

I tried drafting a letter tonight, but I had a bit of trouble. When writing a letter I typically try to state the rational behind a decision in my letter and make my counter point. I think the problem with my effort is that I can't really see where they are coming from... why would they not put in place a law stating that lawfully owned firearms will not be confiscated in the state of an emergency. This kind of scares the shit out of me, such as this will be one less law we are breaking when we go to confiscate.

why would they not put in place a law stating that lawfully owned firearms will not be confiscated in the state of an emergency.

Actually a law is not needed. We already have one. It's called the 4th Amendment of the Constitution:

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

There are also already laws making larceny of a firearm a Felony!

Just not enforced against those that S. 1401 was written to address.

For purposes of discussion, is there a lawful process for secession, where the US would be improper if it took military action against the state that seceeded? By improper, I mean illegal, not unethical.

For purposes of discussion, is there a lawful process for secession, where the US would be improper if it took military action against the state that seceeded? By improper, I mean illegal, not unethical.

IIRC there is no process within this shithole of a state.

1861 saw our government's response to an attempt at secession.

I wouldn't expect anything different.

Mass will NEVER seceed. EVER.

The Gringo commented NH has a clause in their state constitution. In the "World As Theatre" political environment we have today, I wonder if they might just get away with it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Civil War was OVER by the time it was noticed in some parts of the world. In today's connected world, I saw a news item on the telly this morning, outlining Sarah P's morning sex romp with me. Oh wait, mixing my daydreams with news reports again. But seriously, things have changed and I wonder if the US could get away with military action against a state the way it could then.

This is really disheartening. I thought the bill would be a no-brainer to anyone reading it.

Ill be letting Senator Tolman and Representative Browsberger know my disappointment. Is there a way of finding out how my elected officials voted on this issue?

I can't help but think that the Legislature knew all along that Patrick was going to do this.
I guess I'm just a bit cynical.

Did Patrick do anything, or did the legislature simply fail to "enact" it? Why has GOAL not provided us an update telling us exactly how this was killed, what if anythign they did to try to stop it, and what their prognosis for the future is.

The approach that we are taking is not working. Can't anybody see that. We have to do something different. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Submitting bills is not working. We don't have the clout. We need help. We need to try something different.

The approach that we are taking is not working. Can't anybody see that. We have to do something different. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Submitting bills is not working. We don't have the clout. We need help. We need to try something different.

At the risk of seeming repetitive, see post #91.

Though I sympathisize with The Gringo, before we consider post 91, could we brainstorm a little bit.

1. A petition - a vote of No Confidence in Deval.
2. A surge of NE Shooter/GOAL Activity to support "Vote Yes on #1"
3. An invite to McCain and Palin to make a comment on what has happened.
4. A "Buy a Combat Rifle or Pistol Week" that will commemorate one man's abuse of our civil rights.
5. Put on your thinking caps. We need to stop going to the legislature with hat in hand. This action must receive a response.

Could invite him to a pumpkin shoot and let him actually TRY one of the things he wants to get rid of. It's hard not to smile after making pumpkin pudding with a machine gun.

ps. Yes, I know - it would never work with someone like him.

Did Patrick do anything, or did the legislature simply fail to "enact" it? Why has GOAL not provided us an update telling us exactly how this was killed, what if anythign they did to try to stop it, and what their prognosis for the future is.
Rob, instead of whining about how GOAL has to do something for you, why not get off your duff, call YOUR Rep or Senator and ask THEM? This does two things - it gets you your answer AND lets your legistraitors know that you're not happy with them.

I'm getting a little tired of your constant ragging on GOAL about them not doing anything. G-d helps those how help themselves.

Rope. Tree. Politician. Some assembly required.
Though I sympathisize with The Gringo, before we consider post 91, could we brainstorm a little bit.

1. A petition - a vote of No Confidence in Deval.
Unfortunately, that's a lot of effort for no results; I don't believe that MA has any mechanism in place to remove the idiot like CA does. And trying to get such a mechanism put into place would be a waste of effort, unfortunately. Much like trying to vote in a salary decrease - with a Democratic controlled General Court there's no way that they'd enact it.

2. A surge of NE Shooter/GOAL Activity to support "Vote Yes on #1"
It'll make us feel better, but it still leaves the tyrant in place. And could possibly be spun against the gun-owning community in MA in the first place by giving "Spend it all" Deval a handy target to blame for his problems - "The gun owners voted it in; they're the ones to blame for MA's problems."
Don't know how much it would help, but it would sure make us feel good. And might just put a little pressure on Deval.
4. A "Buy a Combat Rifle or Pistol Week" that will commemorate one man's abuse of our civil rights.
Hmm... again, I'm afraid that this would backfire on us... too easy to spin that into making us look like the "survivalists" of the 1980's. Never mind that they were right about being prepared, they got turned into laughingstocks to the point where folks who lay in supplies are real careful to keep a low profile, even to the point of referring to themselves as "preppers" instead of "survivalists".

5. Put on your thinking caps. We need to stop going to the legislature with hat in hand. This action must receive a response.
Well, I'm with you there, Wayne. I just don't know what we can do. We have very little clout in MA and the legistraitors basically know that they can get away with laughing at us and ignoring us. [thinking]

Invite Obama to make a comment on what has happened... Back up his lying Pennsylvania comments from last week about not wanting to take anyone's guns.

Back
Top Bottom