Rockport: EMT - Rocket Launcher - Drugs

After seeing the reports about this in the news, it's really making me sick. They're telling all the sheeple about the guy having a "rocket launcher". No mention that it's basically a useless empty green tube.

My guess as well. The LAW is a one shot weapon, so an empty LAW tube is nothing more dangerous than a poorly shaped and easily bent club.

Yes but he still managed to get his hands on one of these evil rocket launching killing devices [wink]

At least that is how the majority of the public will see it [hmmm]

Yes but he still managed to get his hands on one of these evil rocket launching killing devices [wink]

At least that is how the majority of the public will see it [hmmm]

And he bought it legally through the "rocket launcher loop-hole."

Some assumptions here, and maybe some poor ones, but:

"Internal Machine" was likely an error either by the reporter, misinterpriting what the officer said or by an editor believing the reporter meant internal when they wrote infernal.

Since he is being charged with posession of an infernal machine and they don't list any other items which would meet the definition of the infernal machine, the Law tube may actually be LIVE and unfired. There's no way to tell from the photo.

I'm pretty sure the tear gas launcher can be purchased with a NFA transfer tag. According to federal definitions, it's a "cannon" since it's bore is greater than 0.500" and it's not intended to fire shot.

I'm pretty sure the tear gas launcher can be purchased with a NFA transfer tag.

I don't think you even need that.... In at least some states (not sure about MA,) 37mm launchers are considered "signaling devices," not firearms, and are not regulated. The 40mm launchers that the military uses (M203, etc.) are of course....

I love this story, another only in MA.

Guy commits fraud.. (maybe)

Town PD charges guy with fraud, takes away his constitutional rights.

Town PD decides it didn't get all of his stuff.. "lets go after him he's probably dangerous, he committed fraud and had guns, lets search for more!"

Town PD executes warrant, finds 2 pistols, a rifle, an old plastic tube that's about as deadly as a piece of PVC pipe, and a tear gas gun. Seizes all of it, and says the following about it "a 25-year veteran of the Rockport Police force, said yesterday they have never seen so many weapons and rounds of ammunition in one place." Really? In 25 years you've never seen 2 handguns, a rifle, and a couple hundred rounds of ammo? Really?

Legislators read story, start grinding the old legislative wheel so they can make more laws to take away our rights.....

a 25-year veteran of the Rockport Police force, said yesterday they have never seen so many weapons and rounds of ammunition in one place." Really? In 25 years you've never seen 2 handguns, a rifle, and a couple hundred rounds of ammo? Really?

Well it was Rockport.....maybe not [laugh]

Here's another one...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=149498519#PIC

The price on these things aren't cheap.

Unless he wanted it for the mall ninja factor or just for shits and giggles, it seems pretty wasteful at those prices for something that's basically worthless/useless to the average gun owner.

Some assumptions here, and maybe some poor ones, but:

"Internal Machine" was likely an error either by the reporter, misinterpriting what the officer said or by an editor believing the reporter meant internal when they wrote infernal.

Since he is being charged with posession of an infernal machine and they don't list any other items which would meet the definition of the infernal machine, the Law tube may actually be LIVE and unfired. There's no way to tell from the photo.

I'm pretty sure the tear gas launcher can be purchased with a NFA transfer tag. According to federal definitions, it's a "cannon" since it's bore is greater than 0.500" and it's not intended to fire shot.

Jon got it. Its a M72 Light Anti-tank Weapon...fires a 60mm rocket with a shaped charge for piercing light armor. They are 'disposable' - fire it and smash the tube. In basic we fired reloadable LAW systems - a 35mm rocket with spotter/flash/bang/smoke (just for practice, etc.). Gawd that was a LONG time ago....

I found another article that states it's an M190 launcher which is the reloadable training version of the M72 and fires 35mm practice rockets (I remember them from infantry AIT too).

http://www.gloucestertimes.com/punews/local_story_342225554.html

From the definition of "infernal machine", it sounds like it could be a legit charge.

Seems like they pumped up all the details to make the story more savory. However, WTF was he doing with the tear gas gun and the rocket launcher? I own a decent amount of firearms, but never said "Hmmmm, I just gotta have that ant-tank weapon!". The amount of rounds is total bullshit. These days I know a lot of people who buy in bulk because A) Concerns that the costs will continue to rise B) that some places give a nice discount if you buy cases instead of boxes

Seems like they pumped up all the details to make the story more savory. However, WTF was he doing with the [STRIKE]tear gas gun[/STRIKE] signal flare launcher and the [STRIKE]rocket launcher[/STRIKE] empty launcher tube?

Fixed it. This guy is getting screwed by the media and half the guys on this thread are buying into it. I mean really - the "drugs" that he had were for acid reflux and diabetes. Not exactly gang-banging criminal type stuff.

His only (so far) crime was being a dummy. When you "lose some guns in a tragic boating accident," they shouldn't be in your closet at home. Sheesh.

Jasons, I agree that he is getting railroaded, but did he really need those items?

He lives near the ocean. If he's a boater then yes, he does need a signal flare gun. Signal flare guns may even be required on certain types of boats.

As for the launcher tube, it's little more than an empty pipe.... Maybe he thought it looked cool. Maybe it was a souvenir from when he was in the service. Who cares? What right do any of us have to tell him what he "needs" or "doesn't need?"

A) Is there anything that is actually illegal to own there, given the proper permits of course.
B) The drugs are not street drugs mostly. Wanna bet he is stock piling for his own SHTF needs? Think about that one for a moment.

Whatever they initially arrested him on a few weeks back (the contract fraud) has snowballed and frankly for what, crap he was rightfully allowed to own as of a month ago?

FWIW I do think most of the charges against this guy are bogus, but this is typical fraudster type stuff. It's pretty obvious he fluffed up his self image enough to con some company into advancing him a crapload of money for some gear.... and for some dumb reason he thought that maybe they weren't going to notice.... either that or he just took the cash and
burned it up on whatever instead of selling them the equipment.

-Mike

BTW....side note....why should a charge of fraud (which is pretty much civil) result in the loss of his Constitutional rights? He was charged, not convicted, and the charges were not of any violent nature.

Jasons, I agree that he is getting railroaded, but did he really need those items?

I have some things I don't need. But I wanted them. Some things I wanted but didn't need I don't have anymore, but some I still do. You should only be allowed to have things you need. But I'm different.

BTW....side note....why should a charge of fraud (which is pretty much civil) result in the loss of his Constitutional rights? He was charged, not convicted, and the charges were not of any violent nature.

It shouldn't.

I own a decent amount of firearms, but never said "Hmmmm, I just gotta have that ant-tank weapon!".

Are you serious? I've wanted anti-tank weaponry since I found out it existed, when I was about four years old. I also want a battleship. I just don't have the funding for these kinds of toys.

It wasn't the civil fraud mater that got his LTC pulled, it was the criminal larceny and obstruction charges.

Back
Top Bottom