• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guns for drugs?

Maxrobot

NES Member
I have seen several news items regarding an increase in stolen guns lately. One news item said that a high percentage were stolen from cars. Call me cynical, but what better way to pass on a gun from a straw purchase than to leave a pistol in an unlocked car and then "surprise, surprise!" report it stolen? If the firearm is recovered at a crime scene, the original buyer can point to the police report and escape involvement.
There have also been several announced indictments of Feds catching repeat straw purchasers, and drugs for guns has been a factor in most. Simply put, the drug dealer asks for a gun (or guns) in payment for drugs. We know the demand for pistols is great in some neighborhoods, and they cannot be legally obtained by the hood rats.
I am not saying that bad guys are not robbing innocent people, just that my knowledge of criminal operations makes me suspicious.
Discussion?

gun theft from cars in Florida is at epidemic levels, I swear people are breaking into cars because they know it is the easiest and most likely place to find a gun

Many times the cars are unlocked making the breaking part even easier

gun theft from cars in Florida is at epidemic levels, I swear people are breaking into cars because they know it is the easiest and most likely place to find a gun

Many times the cars are unlocked making the breaking part even easier

Seems to happen a lot in Indiana and Kentucky as well.

None of the local meth heads have tried anything with either of my vehicles in the driveway yet.

Word got around that i am a gun owner pretty quick (mistakenly told the realtor I was looking for a spot to put a range), but castle doctrine seems to keep the losers at bay here.

Neighborhood kids spread rumors that I’m a ‘fed’ as well, so that might help/hurt my case.

it's Florida....

Car “breaks” in general are through the roof. Most of them are people leaving things of value on their vehicle with the doors unlocked, that’s almost Darwin Award level stupidity.

I see it nightly on the ring neighborhoods app. “Our cars were broken into last night and my wife’s designer bag and wallet were stolen!”

The questions are always were the doors locked? And the answer is always no.

Back
Top Bottom